<

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Waevi, Aug 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

It's not like I've given up on him or anything like that but trying to glorify a tap in or devaluing a goal just because it’s a tap in are both equally hilarious

2. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Clearly you didn't read the thread properly. The discussion is around whether or not the tap in will boost his confidence sufficiently.

3. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Its not a confidence issue imo. He hasn't stopped taking people on or trying curlers, its just that he'll take some time to get adjusted to the EPL.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  4. sammy89

sammy89 Well-Known Member

What's our success to failure ratio of club record signings? Off the top of my head I can remember Wiltord, Jeffers, Reyes, Arshavin and Özil being duds, though the last two could be argued as at least having one mind blowing season. The only complete success I can recall is Auba.

black187 likes this.
  5. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

So you think club record has something to with the players succeding or not?
    Like if a player cost 1m less than Özil its different?
    Id think its the same as normal signings if id take a guess

6. sammy89

Of course being a club record signing has an extra weight to it, don't play dumb.

7. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Reyes wasn't a dud. He was very very crucial in the last few months of the Invincibles season. For that alone he should be deemed a success.

Vanfrothan, Rygura, Jae and 3 others like this.
  8. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

For who? Player? The club?

Stop acting like you know anything lol.

Answer my questions or don't. No need to be an ass. Explain how you think it works then if you think its so obvious

9. Keplaz

Keplaz Well-Known Member

I don't think Wiltord was a failure either. He won us the league at Old Trafford. And I think he scored a few winners too.

Not everyone can be Thierry Henry but some of these guys came up big when we needed them. I don't know why people think Reyes and Wiltord were failures.

10. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Wilford a dud? Reyes was developing too, left us for Real.

Trilly, Wryer and Jae like this.
  11. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Good to see you back, G. Hope you're well.

GDeep™ likes this.
  12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Wiltord was a little soldier, good mentality, versatile, started for us, was also a squaddy, chipped in with goals and scored some big ones too.

People like him are integral pieces of a jigsaw in a good squad.

13. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

Good to have you back, soldier. Pound for pound missed you.

GDeep™ likes this.
  14. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Nice link up by Zaha and Pepe, never see that at Arsenal.

Has Pepe had any tap in opportunities at Arsenal? I don’t remember any.

15. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Hardly any, since he's been dropping pretty deep to help create.

16. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

OMG I posted something very similar to this in the Emery thread and got death threats from the Özil Defense League.

Call Best Quality Vacuum on 505-842-4205 and ask for “A replacement dust filter for a Hoover Max Extract 60 Pressure Pro”, it’s the only option left open to you at this point I’m afraid.

PS: You didn’t identify Laca in the list of record signings :lol:

17. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

Problem being 80M signing is you want him to be immediately a boost to your team.

Realistically He comes from ligue 1 and is still young. He needs at least one year to adapt... and to be honest, Emery’s setup and tactics doesn’t help to any offensive player in the world. Messi would struggle to shine under Emery. Auba does constantly, yes he scores from nothing but he barely gets involved in plays because we lack in creation.

18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Elite creator that. We barely have chances anymore. :rofl:

El Duderino likes this.
  19. sammy89

I prefer record signings that set the league alight. It's as if people have forgotten 70m pounds is a shytload of money, even in today's market. For that amount of money, I'm expecting the complete package, even in terms of adaptation. If he doesn't shape up by the 2nd half of this season I'll be disappointed.

zilfy and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  20. zilfy

zilfy Well-Known Member

Messi would shine under almost anyone, he's a god damned supernova

Trilly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.