• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter

Interesting read. Can’t copy and paste the stats but the key Pepe para reads:
Others are more surprising. Arsenal’s Nicolas Pepe hasn’t yet shown much to suggest he’s close to justifying his club-record transfer fee, yet these statistics show that he’s been heavily involved for Arsenal this season. Further inspection of the numbers shows that he’s Arsenal’s most prolific chance creator and has attempted only four fewer shots than Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, despite playing 160 less minutes. He’s also been involved in plenty of other moves.

Two other points of interest with regard to the long-term stats:
- Xhaka does very well, was 5th overall behind De Bruyne, Eriksen, Salah and Hazard in Wenger’s final season. Although, he’s no Jorginho.
- Özil doesn’t receive a mention, despite playmakers like Eriksen and De Bruyne dominating these lists. Substantiates the view that his performances had declined before Emery arrived at the club.

Ewarwoowar

Interesting read. Can’t copy and paste the stats but the key Pepe para reads:

Two other points of interest with regard to the long-term stats:
- Xhaka does very well, was 5th overall behind De Bruyne, Eriksen, Salah and Hazard in Wenger’s final season. Although, he’s no Jorginho.
- Özil doesn’t receive a mention, despite playmakers like Eriksen and De Bruyne dominating these lists. Substantiates the view that his performances had declined before Emery arrived at the club.
Interesting stat, 4 less shots than Auba, now if he could only stop aiming for the sky, keep his feet on the ground and stick 'em between the posts, would be much appreciated.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Me neither. Maybe would if Sweden had a important match and was close to go through.
The international breaks are worse than the summer breaks if you don't have a competitive national team. At least in the summer break there's transfer gossip to keep you busy.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Arsenal signed a winger from France once, who'd torn it up in Ligue 1 and was wanted by teams like Real Madrid and Juventus. He had a mediocre first season and even said the Prem was too physical, but after that, the rest is history. His name, Robert Pires.

He was signed in the Jan window? Can confirm was absolutely appalling in that first 1/2 season. The next season looked like a totally different player, no exaggeration my eyes couldn’t believe the difference.

C’mon Pepe!!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He was signed in the Jan window? Can confirm was absolutely appalling in that first 1/2 season. The next season looked like a totally different player, no exaggeration my eyes couldn’t believe the difference.

C’mon Pepe!!
Pepe just needs a bit of luck (or less misfortune). How many times has this guy curled the ball a whisker wide of the post? 2-3 times now in the EPL. I feel like he needs to really show some quality before he feels comfortable.

He's gonna change his form in this period of fixtures I know it.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Starting to turn it on for moments tonight. Crazy lack of help though... he literally had to run across the field with the ball like a running back a couple of times getting them to show.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Think this was his best performance for us, even better than the Liverpool one.

Should really have tucked away that sitter but that one is 100% to do with his confidence at the moment. When you are down those kind of shots never seem to go in.

His dribbling and close control were very good. The only aspect he hasn't improved at all is his crossings. They were dreadful. Every single time right at the Keeper or overhit.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Our best attacking player. Created our best chance start to finish but his end product once again let him down. Done very well basically attacking the right hand side by himself because Chambers struggled a lot today. But I have no idea why he got taken off. It should have been Saka, I like the kid but he struggled and everything good came from Pepe.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Third time he’s bottled a chance because his refusal to use his right foot. Done a madness against Liverpool’s defence, 1v1 with the keeper and he refuses to use his weak foot. Same happened today. I hope the coaching team are working with him to use his weaker foot more often. Does anyone know why lefties tend to be more one footed than right footed players? Is there an explanation for it?

Last edited:

goonerfamily

He's a really talented player and our POTM today. He is very one footed though. Having said this, he's being forced to come inside a lot with his only option being to shoot or cross, think he'll look better when he has Bellerin as an option for the overlap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom