• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Pepe these people got families have mercy. he really dribbling past players with ease I never seen a player dribble so easily like that such a shame he missed abslout sitter that could have changed thd outcome of the game

Axel9090

He is quality. Im not worried about his missed chances at this point, those will get converted soon. Im more worried about how **** we are playing as a team.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Amount of times I saw the ball spread to the right side with loads of space to exploit only for it to turn out to be Chambers. Smh.

Reactions: A_G

Symbia

Was unreal, dribbled almost everything on the pitch.
He will be unplayable once he start curing those shots to the back of the net.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Thought he was really good. Needs to hit the target though and really sick of these low corners. Beat the first player at least for goodness sake

Reactions: Jae

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Not even going to mention the performance just echo why the hell he was taken off?

Thought Chambers got in his way quite a bit last night and our team performance as a whole is awful

Iceman10

Established Member
Not even going to mention the performance just echo why the hell he was taken off?

Thought Chambers got in his way quite a bit last night and our team performance as a whole is awful

I didn't see that with Chambers, and there were good signs of what will happen when Bellerin is back in. Pepe felt reassured to cut inside with the full-back being solid enough on the outside. In this case the full-back was no good at crossing, but then again neither is Pepe as a left-footed inside forward.

Regarding the sub, it was a poor move because Martinelli has mainly looked good so far as CF in EL matches, not on the right.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Defo one of the better performers in a turgid display. But things will probably be overshadowed by his miss.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Third time he’s bottled a chance because his refusal to use his right foot. Done a madness against Liverpool’s defence, 1v1 with the keeper and he refuses to use his weak foot. Same happened today. I hope the coaching team are working with him to use his weaker foot more often. Does anyone know why lefties tend to be more one footed than right footed players? Is there an explanation for it?
Wrong-footed himself. So eager to put it in with his good foot he missed.
I just wish he had a right foot - might have scored that sitter early in the game.

It is seriously shocking how a professional player lacked anticipation of: his position, keeper and the ball trajectory.
The most simple and logical/natural move from him would've been just to throw his right foot and score a simple tap-in by changing the ball's trajectory.

It reminded me of sooo many frustrating moments we had with Wilshere, Monreal and all other left-footers.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Would not surprise me, we've pretty much established now that Emery is an absolute idiot.
I wasn't that bother with the way we took corners. Obviously we didn't have anyone to win headers against their strong CBs, but targeting the first player requires you to win 2-3 headers after that which makes it even harder to score a goal. Would make more sense just passing it back to Leno :D

Jae

I didn't see that with Chambers, and there were good signs of what will happen when Bellerin is back in. Pepe felt reassured to cut inside with the full-back being solid enough on the outside. In this case the full-back was no good at crossing, but then again neither is Pepe as a left-footed inside forward.

Hang on, have we not just spent the last two weeks raving about Chambers crossing ability, or have I missed something? Now he can't cross?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Our most dangerous player last night. The way we play doesn't suit him. No excuse for the miss, but he is clearly talented.

Iceman10

Established Member
Hang on, have we not just spent the last two weeks raving about Chambers crossing ability, or have I missed something? Now he can't cross?

I was thinking what matches and what crosses, and then I remembered the last two weeks were the international break. I don't have any great crosses by him in memory. Can only call it as I saw it in this match (Sheffield). Maybe there was something from an EL or cup match I didn't watch closely.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Regarding the sub, it was a poor move because Martinelli has mainly looked good so far as CF in EL matches, not on the right.

In regards to Chambers I just thought he was to advanced of Pepe and blocked any route down the flank which means Pepe has to come inside everytime on his strong left foot; better for Pepe I suppose but someone with his skillset needs space in my opinion, all them skills and feints are great but if the opposition know you are going to cut inside everytime they will just block his route.

Personally I think Pepe would operate better with more space to go either way instead of inside everytime where its too congested, Chambers standing on his advanced right for me, is just in the way as we all know Chambers wont be beating a man if he receives the ball, so more than likely Chambers will just be playing it back or sideways which slows down the attack and puts us back to square one in a game like that.

Just my two cents..

Iceman10

Established Member
In regards to Chambers I just thought he was to advanced of Pepe and blocked any route down the flank which means Pepe has to come inside everytime on his strong left foot; better for Pepe I suppose but someone with his skillset needs space in my opinion, all them skills and feints are great but if the opposition know you are going to cut inside everytime they will just block his route.

Personally I think Pepe would operate better with more space to go either way instead of inside everytime where its too congested, Chambers standing on his advanced right for me, is just in the way as we all know Chambers wont be beating a man if he receives the ball, so more than likely Chambers will just be playing it back or sideways which slows down the attack and puts us back to square one in a game like that.

Just my two cents..

Maybe it will be better with more practice and understanding (and likely Bellerin also), but when Pepe is infield a bit more he is closer to CM, CF, as well as RB, to have a variety of passing options as well as dribbling / take-on options. With more options (and less isolation) this appears harder to defend, and I think as the match went on he seemed to have a starting position more infield, although I could be wrong on that.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Maybe it will be better with more practice and understanding (and likely Bellerin also), but when Pepe is infield a bit more he is closer to CM, CF, as well as RB, to have a variety of passing options as well as dribbling / take-on options. With more options (and less isolation) this appears harder to defend, and I think as the match went on he seemed to have a starting position more infield, although I could be wrong on that.

I think a lot also depends on the opposition, that Sheffield Utd game was always going to be difficult for him after they took the lead as they sat and defended well, they didnt allow much space for Pepe to operate.

We've struggled with these types of games/scenario's for years so it probably doesn't offer much for anyone to analyse with Pepe anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom