Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Yes, for all the 'wenger didn't coach', there's sure a lot more of it going on now

celestis likes this.
  2. blrgooner

blrgooner Active Member

I don`t really think the problem is with him as such. He needs to be used either like Hazard was used by Mourinho an Conte, or like Henry was used by us. So either we involve him one on one against the opposition defenders in midfield areas with space to dribble, or we play him up as a central striker and use his shooting capabilities. We are doing neither right now.
    I think he will be a star in the future, We need some changes in the management and possibly in the team structure for that to happen though.

Red London and MutableEarth like this.
  3. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN New Member

He needs to play in a team that counter attacks.

It’s as simple as that.

4. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

He needs to play in a team that can get the ball to him in dangerous areas. Most of the times when he gets the ball he's incredibly isolated and near the half-way line. Mainly because our attacking structure is so bad. If our buildup play was better and we had better movement, we could draw players out giving Pepe more space to cause damage when giving him the ball in dangerous areas. Also feel he could benefit from having Bellerin too as it gives the opposition something else to worry about down that side, which again might either create space for Pepe to do some damage or Pepe might in turn create space for Bellerin to exploit.

But at the moment we play in such a disjointed way that even thinking about this sort of stuff is pointless, tho even a half decent coach would be capable of accomplishing a better attacking structure than Emery.

5. Moah

Moah Active Member

And for all that say Zaha is a better player, watch more games of his other than vs Arsenal and you'll see we have got the better player without a doubt.

roz likes this.
  6. Highbury

Highbury Active Member

Every time a young attacker starts slowly, Arsenal fans console themselves by stating that Henry also started slowly :lol:

Geofranco and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  7. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Well-Known Member

Emery clearly doesn't think Pepe is good enough, the real test was today because it was a must win and Emery knew that if we lose the pressure will be huge on him and it could cost him his job, and yet he doesn't play Pepe and only brings him on very late when the game is lost, he clearly doesn't rate him at all.. its beyond obvious to me now.

Ricardinho and lazyfreak like this.
  8. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Um sorry but how is this. Pepe has produced bugger all for us.. Zaha is having a bad season but has been a consistent threat for palace in recent years.

9. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

He's not ready to play but he needs to play in order to be ready to play

[​IMG]

10. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Emery doesn't like players who don't play by his instructions and that will always include Özil, Ceballos, Pepe and some of the younger players. I feel that sometimes he will set the formation just to show to people why Özil doesn't play. Sit at the back with 5 defenders and let Özil or Pepe chase the ball! That's not their game and that's why they struggle here

Polar Bear and Artisan like this.
  11. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Watch zaha fly when he joins Chelsea in January if they get their ban dropped.

12. Moah

Moah Active Member

I understand that but Zaha would also be having the same struggle if he was in our team. All I'm saying is that he isn't 20m more worth than Pepe. Plus he's a bit older.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Both are good in their own way. Pepe probably has more to his game maybe, but I think Zaha is more direct and plays with a higher intensity.

Both have issues now though, Pepe is playing for a useless manager and Zaha mainly plays like a RB for Palace.

14. Ash10

Ash10 Well-Known Member

While knowing full well there won't be another Henry in our lifetime maybe

15. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

[​IMG]

skience3 and #254 like this.
  16. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

We we never bought him, shoul have spent the money on better midfield and defence.

17. Jakarta

Jakarta Active Member

I was team Zaha in the summer. I hope Pepe comes good, but atm Zaha would've made a big difference to our attack.

A on fire Zaha on the left wing sends fear and panic to opposition defences.

He has that power and directness that Pepe seems to lack.

18. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

No argument. However, it's fair to say Pepe could be serving the team better with better use. His talent is undeniable.

19. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

I thought he was better tbh.

20. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

Seventy million spent on Pepe? More like seventy million spent on poopoo.