• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Seen some real stupid **** over the last 4 pages or so.

My guess is that the system Freddie went with is why Pepe did not appear, and his comment on Saka makes sense considering Saka used to be a left-back. It's not ideal - Pepe still should have come on - but it's plausible. Therefore, these accusations about his attitude are complete bollocks IMO. Also don't like the revisionism on his performances - goals aside, he was ****ing playing quite well and right when he got a brace, Emery stopped ****ing playing him for no reason. Same with Nelson aswell. He got hurt right when he started playing well, now he's "not that good". Get the **** outta here.

I have full confidence in Pepe, just needs trust and game time moving forward.

HBL

Established Member
Seen some real stupid **** over the last 4 pages or so.

My guess is that the system Freddie went with is why Pepe did not appear, and his comment on Saka makes sense considering Saka used to be a left-back. It's not ideal - Pepe still should have come on - but it's plausible. Therefore, these accusations about his attitude are complete bollocks IMO. Also don't like the revisionism on his performances - goals aside, he was ****ing playing quite well and right when he got a brace, Emery stopped ****ing playing him for no reason. Same with Nelson aswell. He got hurt right when he started playing well, now he's "not that good". Get the **** outta here.

I have full confidence in Pepe, just needs trust and game time moving forward.
The worst part is the same people will start hyping him up when he starts to fire. The slagging off of our players is unbelievable, particularly towards players like Pepe/Guendouzi and the youth players.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I still think we should’ve bought Wilf as he’s a top 10 player in this league.

However, it’s way too soon to write him off as a flop or think he’s never going to make it here. Recent big money signings for other teams have shown it takes a lot of time to adjust to the PL.

Fabinho only clicked end of last year, and Naby Keita is still finding his feet. Same is true is Bernardo Silva and Sane.

progman07

Established Member
Lets put us out of our misery and just sell Pepe. Clearly the club sees him as a flop.
After 4 months? The guy is a huge talent, you don't score 2 free kicks in one game if you don't have top level technique. He also has pace and power - players like him are so rare, you cannot just let them go because they don't perform well in a disfunctional team.

He just needs confidence and a good manager who can get the best out of him.

pacstud

Both managers have liked using Laca/Auba instead of Auba/Pepe with Laca on bench.

Martinelli/Özil/Pepe behind Auba is what many want, but obviously something else is being seen on the training ground.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
After 4 months? The guy is a huge talent, you don't score 2 free kicks in one game if you don't have top level technique. He also has pace and power - players like him are so rare, you cannot just let them go because they don't perform well in a disfunctional team.

He just needs confidence and a good manager who can get the best out of him.
That's what I see as well. I mean, Theo Walcott carved out a good career here for himself with half the talent at best, and that's not even an exaggeration. Pepe has unquestionable dribbling skills, real pace and a great left foot. Just needs his head to get in sync.

clovis

Our fans will as usual make a million excuses and blame everyone else for his failures.

he is clearly talented but he has been poor for Arsenal so far, which is his and his fault alone. He can barely control a football and you can’t blame Emery for that who had became an easy scapegoat for every problem we have.

he has to raise his game because the next manager may not be patient either, and Raul might see him as someone who could command a good fee.

MikeVinna

Established Member
People saying we don’t have to the knowledge of why he’s not playing should shut it already. He can’t be worse than Saka. There I said it. None of our academy products are these elite level talents that people think they are. And also, Pepe is relatively young. The way he’s used now we’ll never get him firing..

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Both managers have liked using Laca/Auba instead of Auba/Pepe with Laca on bench.

Martinelli/Özil/Pepe behind Auba is what many want, but obviously something else is being seen on the training ground.
And results supporting both managers decisions? When you have results and position table like we do, you at least try something "crazy" like playing Martinelli/Özil/Pepe behind Auba even if it's only us fans suggesting that

pacstud

And results supporting both managers decisions? When you have results and position table like we do, you at least try something "crazy" like playing Martinelli/Özil/Pepe behind Auba even if it's only us fans suggesting that
I agree. But I also am a ****ty coach so... :D

ksarp

Yeah might be because you don't watch them in training day in day out.

I suppose you have? I have seen Saka, a player who should be working hard on both sides of the play, literally fall asleep on the defensive end in matches resulting in goals.

Pepe anyday over Saka based on game output. If Freddy can’t see that, then maybe he’s just Emre part 2.0.. who seriously starts Guendozi as a 6 with all the evidence we have?

it ain’t like we’re winning. Try something else for pete sake.

ksarp

I never said he was rubbish.. Let's not put words in each others' mouths...
He's surely not impressing much to be included though..

Nobody said it had to be but at this stage you must certainly be getting worried after the sum we blew in the window to get him.. This isn't Sanchez where the time can be afforded, when you blow more than 50mil fans expect some impact.. POretty sure the club did too. Pressure is mounting on this guy. Currently looking like a flop.. I am willing to give him the rest of the season but it is concerning he didn not even get a run out yesterday and a teenager did over him. That is a MASSIVE statement no matter how many "we're all human" comments you throw about.

Slow down cowboy. Pepe is not a flop.

ksarp

“Pepe is a very good player," Ljungberg said. "But I looked at what we did in training and what I see every day and that is how I judge it.”

Doesn't sound encouraging if you ask me.

Freddy really said that? Yeah he(Freddy) isn’t ready for prime time.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I suppose you have? I have seen Saka, a player who should be working hard on both sides of the play, literally fall asleep on the defensive end in matches resulting in goals.

Pepe anyday over Saka based on game output. If Freddy can’t see that, then maybe he’s just Emre part 2.0.. who seriously starts Guendozi as a 6 with all the evidence we have?

it ain’t like we’re winning. Try something else for pete sake.
Never claimed I have. That's just means none of us has any idea how he does in training, Freddie does however. Slagging off Freddie after being at the job for 48 hours is just comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom