• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotsGooner89

Think he definitely showed enough second half to be given an extended run of starts. Still a bit poor with his decision making at times but auba’s Wing play is kind of pathetic. Also thought his presence made bellerin have more of an impact somehow which was good.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Think he definitely showed enough second half to be given an extended run of starts. Still a bit poor with his decision making at times but auba’s Wing play is kind of pathetic. Also thought his presence made bellerin have more of an impact somehow which was good.

Yeah his decision making definitely needs to improve. Also has a tendency to play a bit too much as a street baller, not every action has to be a difference maker, needs to keep things simple at times.. He’s shown signs of promise and has to be a starter though, he’s our best wing option.

clovis

It is not uncommon for a player to start slowly, but it is his body language that bothers me.

he comes across as someone with weak mentality who constantly needs assurances from his manager to perform at a high level.

he lacks confidence and his body language is not of a top player. When he scored those two free kicks his reaction said it all. He couldn’t believe he scored.

I can now see why the top clubs in Europe didn’t take him. He is either not good enough or he is not ready for the PL yet.

I am afraid at the moment he is just a Gervinho who can take set pieces.

ScotsGooner89

It is not uncommon for a player to start slowly, but it is his body language that bothers me.

he comes across as someone with weak mentality who constantly needs assurances from his manager to perform at a high level.

he lacks confidence and his body language is not of a top player. When he scored those two free kicks his reaction said it all. He couldn’t believe he scored.

I can now see why the top clubs in Europe didn’t take him. He is either not good enough or he is not ready for the PL yet.

I am afraid at the moment he is just a Gervinho who can take set pieces.

Difference being Gervinho got given plenty of chances at arsenal before being written off. I’ve not been blown away by him but he’s shown enough to be given a good go at it. He strikes me as the sort who might only do 2-3 great things in a game and be largely quiet the rest of the time. That’s 90 minutes he needs to have a positive affect. Getting half a game or less isn’t going to prove anything about him either way.

DasBootist

Difference being Gervinho got given plenty of chances at arsenal before being written off. I’ve not been blown away by him but he’s shown enough to be given a good go at it. He strikes me as the sort who might only do 2-3 great things in a game and be largely quiet the rest of the time. That’s 90 minutes he needs to have a positive affect. Getting half a game or less isn’t going to prove anything about him either way.
Pepe strikes me as a player that could be devastating at times and one who the opposition might double-mark, allowing his teammates more space in the final third.

Worth persisting with IMO and Freddie needs to start him soon

GunnerShy

He was very good the other night. Lacked some end product which has been the criticism of him this season but he bet his man repeatedly and drove into the box which always opens up the possibility of a penalty (robbed of one this season). They started doubling up on him and it released Bellerin. He tracked back better than when Özil was on the wing.
We should be starting with Martinelli, Auba, Pepe. It's no Liverpool front three but it is certainly the most mobile and hard working front three we have which is the recipe for success in modern football. Stop trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

LG10

Find it funny that raul’s getting criticized for signing the hottest winger properly on the market. We finally show ambition and overspend on a top talent in a position we desperately needed strengthening in and the hindsight merchants are saying it was a trash signing all along because he’s had a tough start.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I'm not writing him off just yet but to say stuff like he was the hottest prospect or anything is borderline delusional. He literally had one great season in France at the age of 23. That's why we didn’t have any real competition to sign him. The club thought the risk was worth it. Now It's up to him to prove the doubters wrong.
I might get hated for this but he just never seems like a top player. Even when I saw him for Lille for a few times it never did

clovis

Should have signed Zaha. A superior player in the right age who knows English football inside out.

he would have made an instant impact and I am sure we would be in a somewhat better position now.. the guy is a leader and captaincy material as well..

Instead we settled for a mental midget with no experience outside the French league and who is clearly admitting that he is struggling to adapt to a new country and a tougher standard of football..

Even if he adapts and reaches his peak, is he really going to be a notch above Zaha? Not really.

There is no evidence to back that claim, apart from our desperation to prove that we didn’t make a blunder by preferring Pepe to Zaha.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Should have signed Zaha. A superior player in the right age who knows English football inside out.

he would have made an instant impact and I am sure we would be in a somewhat better position now.. the guy is a leader and captaincy material as well..

Instead we settled for a mental midget with no experience outside the French league and who is clearly admitting that he is struggling to adapt to a new country and a tougher standard of football..

Even if he adapts and reaches his peak, is he really going to be a notch above Zaha? Not really.

There is no evidence to back that claim, apart from our desperation to prove that we didn’t make a blunder by preferring Pepe to Zaha.
:lol: Zaha is yet to make any sort of impact for any club in his life, yet you think he’d have magically made an instant impact right now at Arsenal? Based on what, tea leaves at the bottom of a cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom