• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
There is no doubt Pepe has faults to iron out and lessons to learn in the PL but he will only over come those by playing. Some were saying at half time replace him with Laca, if we had done that he would still be low on confidence rather than going into the next game (ok its vs City) sitting on the bench a feeling like sh1t! I said recently we need to play Martinelli Auba Pepe with Özil behind and stick with it no matter what for 5 or 6 games. I hope we do that regardless of what happens vs City.

HBL

Established Member
I'm not gonna bother looking as match day threads on this forum are a joke, but even in the first 60 minutes he was literally our best attacking players trying to make things happen and causing problems. Linking up well with AMN.

Anyways his goal was brilliant, I just knew from the position he got the ball in that it was ending up in the top corner. Weird how getting him in those positions can get the best out of him as opposed to Emery wanting him to take the ball from our defensive third and just run the length of the pitch. The assist was class too.
Only time we got into their final third in the first half when he turned on the ball. He is frustrating for sure and his passing can be sloppy at times but he clearly has ability

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I felt so happy seeing him celebrate his goal like that I could’ve cried. I’ve been really stressed because I know if it works it could be amazing

It was great. What I also liked is how the rest of the team seemed so happy for him. Especially when he gave the assist to Auba, everyone was running towards him to congratulate. Shows his team mates appreciate the heavy burden he has been forced to carry and they were ecstatic for him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Our best player today even in first half was the only one who showed something positive and trying to create something.

now the problem with Pepe he over dribble in situation where he abslout no need to like in middle of the pitch when most of our team high up and he lose the ball. i think these things you can't take it away from these kind of players similar to Alexis who frustrate the hell out of us because he over dribble but he was amazing to watch expecting the same with Pepe. against City he'll face Angelino the guy look out of his depth defensively Pepe will need to attack him.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Strange player. Under uses his superior speed and overuses his inferior tricks. He looks better the simpler he plays.

Delighted for him to get the goal

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
As soon as Cresswell took him out with a scissor tackle and he went up I knew he would score tonight.

ScotsGooner89

I like his awkward dribbling. He’s fast enough too that LBs know they can’t let him get past or he’s gone. Should of really got West Ham down to 10 men tonight and that in itself is a points winner.

Deki

He will frustrate the fans and have poor games but also score 15 next season if he has a functioning team around him unlike this season. This guy with confidence can be very dangerous.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Great goal today. Very good 2nd half, frustrating 1st half.
Needs to focus on beating people pace more than trying to take them out with step overs. Some issues to iron out but still a good day for him.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
His decision making is a bit suspecious to me, but his dribbling ability, his pace, his defence, not need to talk the goals and assists makes the balance positive for Pepe. Much better than a castrated Aubameyang on the right.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
wonderful goal and assist, has that bit of magic in him (more so than zaha). however still erratic with his passing and decision making, hopefully with Freddie and the right coach, he'll iron those issues out.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
All I can think of, is what a bellend Emery is.
How was Emery a bellend in how he handled him? He played him, he was in and out and then decided to give him a break from it all, for reasons Freddie alluded to. Freddie then comes in, also doesn't play him for a game before getting a bit desperate it seems, and gives him time. How do we know that breather didn't do him good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom