• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Yeah been thinking the same thing

Faster than Laca
Better ball control than Auba

Pepe has a much much higher ceiling than any of those two guys imo, but it's hard to make a call right now as to whether he's going to fulfill it.

Still cannot believe he's been dropped twice after respective good spells where he's been the shining light alongside Martinelli

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Would be wary about trying him at CF if someone as talented as Bielsa couldn't make it work at Lille. From what I've read he exploded the moment he was moved to the wing.

We also need wingers way more than we need strikers right now, this isn't the striker drought era where we wanted to transform every half decent pacy winger into the next henry :lol:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I think he’s a mercurial talent. Some of his dribbling is simply superb. That shoulder drop and change of direction has bamboozled everyone.

I’d like to think I know a dud when I see one, Pepe certainly isn’t a dud. The biggest issue he’s had since he’s been here is the fact that he hasn’t received enough of the ball in the final third.

Often he’s having to try and manufacture openings from deep- which he has occasionally been successful in to his credit. But we need him to get the ball near the edge of the box, with maybe one or two defenders in his way. He can skin them and get a shot or cross in.

His goal against West Ham was a big hint as to what he could become here. Deadly, clinical, precise. He received the ball in a similar area for his assist to Auba too. Let’s get this guy higher up the pitch and at the opposition.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I think he’s a mercurial talent. Some of his dribbling is simply superb. That shoulder drop and change of direction has bamboozled everyone.

I’d like to think I know a dud when I see one, Pepe certainly isn’t a dud. The biggest issue he’s had since he’s been here is the fact that he hasn’t received enough of the ball in the final third.

Often he’s having to try and manufacture openings from deep- which he has occasionally been successful in to his credit. But we need him to get the ball near the edge of the box, with maybe one or two defenders in his way. He can skin them and get a shot or cross in.

His goal against West Ham was a big hint as to what he could become here. Deadly, clinical, precise. He received the ball in a similar area for his assist to Auba too. Let’s get this guy higher up the pitch and at the opposition.

spot on.
it's why I would love to see him play on the right with Laca as CF. Laca can drop deeper and drag defenders, leaving space for Pepe to attack and make chaos.
excatly what Firmino does for Salah

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
spot on.
it's why I would love to see him play on the right with Laca as CF. Laca can drop deeper and drag defenders, leaving space for Pepe to attack and make chaos.
excatly what Firmino does for Salah

Wonder if Arteta will favour a Pepe-Laca-Martinelli attack at the start.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Tidy cameo again, wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench for Chelsea though, his knee has taken a battering. Poor geeza.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
As much as I was happy to see Nelson start again, I was surprised Pepe didnt start, and his cameo only strengthened that surprise. He looked smooth on the ball and dangerous in the final 3rd. Must start the next game IMO.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Getting sick of players trying to injury him with dirty tackling he'll get a serious injury if this keep happening

Clear as day that opposition players are instructed to tackle him or maybe they just dont like getting nutmeg by the midline.

Pepe should be careful where he dribbles. Dont just dribble to show off. Other players dont like that and refs in PL will allow them bad tackles.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Pepe needs to be protected by referees especially given that there is VAR in the league now.

Don't be silly. VAR is only there to intervene when we score a perfectly legit goal like Chambers did against Palace.

For everything else like say...Cresswell lunging at Pepe with feet off the ground, or a Watford player being inside our penalty area when Leno is taking a goal kick or a Brighton player trying to exchange shirts with Laca while defending a corner.....then VAR takes a back seat and lets the guy with the whistle make the decisions.

jvw

He usually looks decent to me when he plays, but he never gets a solid run in the team to build his confidence. Three successive managers have left him out (albeit Arteta's only been in charge for one game). I can only assume he's lazy in training.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hope Arteta starts pressuring the refs

These tackles have to stop

Reactions: roz

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Be nice to see the team stick up for him some more to be honest. Many past players would have taken a card to give some **** to someone making a challenge like that. Auba is a poor captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom