• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not Saka, maybe not even Nelson tbh. He's way older than them too.
I’d say he’s definitely got more ability than all of them right now, irrespective of age. That doesn’t mean that he’s more useful or reliable than them (forget Nelson at this point) —it just means he’s more able with a headwind. Saka is better schooled and has a better understanding of the game which makes him more useful more often.

Kysus

Don't think I ever got so excited and frustrated at the same time by an Arsenal player before.
When he clicks he is unreal, unplayable. Fantastic dribbler capable of beating multiple man with ease and move away with great pace, unreal shooting technique, even has some playmaker trough-balls in him. And then at other times he is trying to force things, taking awful touches, getting forced on his right and fluffing it.
He needs to learn to flow with the tao. Be decisive when there is an opening and pounce on it. Pepe will always get extra attention from defender due to his ability so just by that he already creates space for others.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He always ends the game stronger than he starts. He needs a while to get his touch straight, get in tune with his teammates. Traditionally as a team we heavily attack from the left, that's where our best players play, so he often has to do a lot of the work by himself. He needs a good partner on that side for him to combine with.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The guy with the most ability is not always the best player. However once the penny drops or something clicks, he can be the more consistent contributor.

Pepe is a huge talent .you could play him as the striker got the ability to play it like Henry, drag central defenders out wide , create overloads, one on one with Van Dijk at Anfield you caught a glimpse of it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Pepe is a huge talent .you could play him as the striker got the ability to play it like Henry, drag central defenders out wide , create overloads, one on one with Van Dijk at Anfield you caught a glimpse of it.
It’s just frustrating how he’s absent for large chunks. And he’d be like that against any level of opposition too which just goes to show that it’s in his head which is the positive part because it’s not linked to the level of opposition. He’s getting the very best coaching though so you wouldn’t expect this to be an issue for very long.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Don't think I ever got so excited and frustrated at the same time by an Arsenal player before.
When he clicks he is unreal, unplayable. Fantastic dribbler capable of beating multiple man with ease and move away with great pace, unreal shooting technique, even has some playmaker trough-balls in him. And then at other times he is trying to force things, taking awful touches, getting forced on his right and fluffing it.
He needs to learn to flow with the tao. Be decisive when there is an opening and pounce on it. Pepe will always get extra attention from defender due to his ability so just by that he already creates space for others.

People should not forget that he's been a goalkeeper until like 15 or so - he apparently lacks massively in positional play and tactics and has to catch up there.

He has it a bit harder here in the Prem as with his body, he can not just go past 5-6 players no more so easily. But he's still better at that than almost everyone else, but it's no longer enough to just do that.

Still think he'll be absolute elite soon.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Would really help if these Hale end feckers passed it to him
Got to a point where I started wondering if they hate him. It must be the hale end/Arsenal way to make three short passes rather than one risky long pass.

David Luiz is our most adventurous passer and he's a CB ffs. I really hope Auoar/Partey improve us in that regard, because it's not just Pepe, we see Auba make brilliant runs that are ignored as well.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

The guy with the most ability is not always the best player. However once the penny drops or something clicks, he can be the more consistent contributor.
Was about to school some punks but can always trust Grandpa Jury to come in with that knowledge.

Outrageous takes by @BigPoppaPump.

Pyres7

People should not forget that he's been a goalkeeper until like 15 or so - he apparently lacks massively in positional play and tactics and has to catch up there.
First time I've heard that. Insane to think someone with his technical ability would be stuck in goal

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Jheeze my guy. You calling her your girl after one date though?

Nah mate that’ll take months :lol:

Was just a future reference.

Can’t be taking a girl out for a nice Italian if she isn’t your Mrs.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Nah mate that’ll take months :lol:

Was just a future reference.

Can’t be taking a girl out for a nice Italian if she isn’t your Mrs.
Not even surprised, you're not an internet nerd weirdo geek like 99% of this forum including myself.

He has it a bit harder here in the Prem as with his body, he can not just go past 5-6 players no more so easily. But he's still better at that than almost everyone else, but it's no longer enough to just do that.

Still think he'll be absolute elite soon.

He is 25 years old. He has been playing outfield for 10 years.

My biggest concern is that his football understanding and positional play is seriously lacking most of the time.

It will be intresting to see if Arteta can improve that this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom