• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

£72m....what were they thinking?!

They were thinking that Zaha is 2,5 years older, is not left-footed, has a big contract already so wants bigger wages and would have cost about the same in transfer fee.

GDeep™

League is very weak
They were thinking that Zaha is 2,5 years older, is not left-footed, has a big contract already so wants bigger wages and would have cost about the same in transfer fee.
Guys like Sarr, Ziyech were much cheaper. Could’ve signed an attacker and spent the rest of the money on a CB or CM and we wouldn’t have finished 8th.

But it’s easy to look back in hindsight I guess.

drippin

Guys like Sarr, Ziyech were much cheaper. Could’ve signed an attacker and spent the rest of the money on a CB or CM and we wouldn’t have finished 8th.

Yeah, well they tried Upamecano, but Leipzig wouldn't budge on their 80+ million asking price. And he was coming from a bad injury.

They went to fix the attack, and opting for Luiz for the short term and Saliba for the long term. Then we had some bad injuries to Holding & Chambers.

Pop Tart

Established Member
EiryEnTXkAIkyGe

Caption this.
Get on your knees *****es!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Was very much out of the game until "his" goal. Was funny when Nketiah was angry when Arsenal scored. :lol:

He didn't do mistakes either even if was out of the game. Sometimes I just wonder if our left-sided tactics hinders his game too much. We attack from the left much more.

On the other hand it might help the left side that we have such a dribbler threat on the other side.
I hate how lopsided we are in attack and I'm not sure why we do that. Does anyone have a reasonable explanation?

I feel like it's remnants from Emery spamming Kolasinac cutbacks. Everyone in our team is hesitant to play left to right diagonals.

drippin

I hate how lopsided we are in attack and I'm not sure why we do that. Does anyone have a reasonable explanation?

I feel like it's remnants from Emery spamming Kolasinac cutbacks. Everyone in our team is hesitant to play left to right diagonals.

Well, it's because our back three has Tierney & Kola as the LCB. Holding has okay technique for example, but he is not on the same level going forward and surely would lose the ball more easily.

Chambers could do it on the RCB position I think.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Well, it's because our back three has Tierney & Kola as the LCB. Holding has okay technique for example, but he is not on the same level going forward and surely would lose the ball more easily.

Chambers could do it on the RCB position I think.
Hopefully we'll see more symmetry with build up if/when we play Holding inbetween Luiz and Gabriel then.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pepe's got a lot ot quality but feel he has a poor understanding of the game. His movement is quite poor and is no threat on the box, he cant really anticipate situations. Hopefully this is something that Arteta can improve.

I'd like to see him be more decisive as well. As soon as he gets a chance to shoot/cross with his left foot, do it because their aren't many better. He should model his game on Robben, but make more runs in behind.

His target this season should be around 20 g+a, he is capable.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They might have been thinking that...but good grief...talk about pissing money into the wind.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
We love to demand the club spends money, but when they do, we often complain that they should have spent it better. Hindsight’s always 20/20 and think that conversation has little value. The truth is you’re not always going to get transfer right - whether they’re 5M or 100M. It’s important to take a punt on a player every now and then who could take you up a level, and Pepe is exactly that.

All that said, don’t think he’s nearly as bad as some suggest. Think he had a decent debut campaign, and it’s clear that he’s got the tools to do even better.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Our net spend was like 30-40 mil last summer. If we didn’t sign Pepe then we just wouldn’t have signed people.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Pepe might come good but he's a poor signing and poor scouting any way you look at it. For a player that's as raw and as much of a project as him we could've signed similarly or perhaps moreso talented players like Antony or Madueke, who despite younger age (just a bit in Antony's case) would've represented the same kind of adaptation project and rawness Pepe has and continues to be. Players of Pepe's talent aren't quite as rare as made out here, Brasil is coming with a factory line of them, like Antony, and England has a few too...

Poor scouting and totally a forced signing by Raúl and co. but that's par for the course for Barça clowns like Raúl, same no vision, no perspective transfer policy as Barça have had under a similar regime/ones three fids was involved in himself.

Ziyech obviously would've been a million times better signing but he's not really an Emery player. So yeah, put that under your **** decisions (hiring Emery in the first place) compounding themselves, Three Fids.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Wow Antony set up another goal and scored a beauty for Ajax with his right the other day, just seen the highlights.

He looks like he's a more mature player than Pepe already. Remember Dortmund was strongly linked with him, I guess they've got other problems trying to hold on to Sancho but a typically astute signing from Ajax this kid, looks like he'll be playing for an even bigger club sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom