• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trofton

Usually when he's scored or has helped us win a game he has been dropped. Double free kick in Europa league, FA Cup final, off the top of my head, but there were a couple of other instances.

No doubt he will be dropped in favour of Willian next prem match as well. That is not his fault and nothing he can really do about.

AM doesn't want to tickle his ballsacks its the same small group of people just happy he is showing what he can do. Most of AM have been screaming "72 mIlLiOn" - which they are more than entitled to do btw, but lets not make stuff up.

The customary crap on a player - but rounding it off with "hope he proves me wrong" is corny as well :lol:
Corny or not I don’t want to see any player in the shirt doing bad but he’s got a long way to go to impress me

Makavelii

I suspect that Arteta didn’t play Pépé for the first few games purposefully to help take the unfair pressure off of him.
I think Arteta still rates him and is just nurturing him out of a bad situation.
Underrated player.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I suspect that Arteta didn’t play Pépé for the first few games purposefully to help take the unfair pressure off of him.
I think Arteta still rates him and is just nurturing him out of a bad situation.
Underrated player.
As much as I love Pepe, I think Arteta genuinely prefers the graft and nuance of Willian.

Maybe we can speculate that it’s a challenge to Pepe to claim his spot?
But I am pretty sure Arteta is putting the W above everything right now - history has shown he tends to lean towards experience with his line ups. Pepe needs coaching and coaxing to do the little things, Willian I imagine doesn’t need as much.

If Pepe improves his tracking back, effort without the ball and cuts out the dwelling on the ball - he is absolutely the better player and displaces Willian easy.

I don’t think anyone else in the team can really produce the goal Pepe scores against Sheffield Utd. Maybe Auba?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
As much as I love Pepe, I think Arteta genuinely prefers the graft and nuance of Willian.
We'll struggle to break teams if we have all of our attacking players playing it safe and working hard for the team.
There's always a need for someone to take risks and break the well drilled defence as we've seen on Sunday.
Willian can play behind the striker as an advanced midfielder but he doesn't have the quality anymore to make a difference. It's only Pepe in our team who has that ability, and there's no logical arguments anymore to leave this guy on the bench

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I believe at some point, Arteta will play Pepe upfront. We've already seen signs of it in some games
Wrong thread my brother but I don't think so. I think we can get a lot out of Pepe if he plays in his right wing position but as a forward rather than as a midfielder like we've seen during most of his time here.

I've noticed him make a lot more runs in behind in recent games (still not being found enough though) and I hope it's from Arteta.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Pepe makes Gervais and Welbeck look like world class players. One of the biggest gimps I've seen play here.
We should try to sell him this winter and try to force a move for Wilf while we still can.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You have to keep starting him, let him build his confidence.

Said at the start of the season, in and out the team is no good for him.

He’s going African Nations next season? Right now looks a bust.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah it might be time to just accept he's a massive flop. I mean he's capable but so so so often he just has games like today where he just doesn't really do anything.

I know it's not nice to admit your big 72 million signing has turned out to be a complete flop, and trust me there's still a part hoping he'll turn all this around but I have to be realistic and say it as I see it too. He's great moments are just too few and far between.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Isn't the real concern, that all of our offensive players are shocking so far this season?
None of our senior forwards are on song yet like you said. I’m not too concerned yet, but yeah this wasn’t a good performance at all.

DasBootist

Not really reactionary is it if you've been saying it since January?

No one can honestly watch him play and say they've been impressed.
It is a reaction to a poor performance, so it is 'reactionary'. Not sure why u felt the urge to correct me when I was right.

Yeah it might be time to just accept he's a massive flop. I mean he's capable but so so so often he just has games like today where he just doesn't really do anything.

I know it's not nice to admit your big 72 million signing has turned out to be a complete flop, and trust me there's still a part hoping he'll turn all this around but I have to be realistic and say it as I see it too. He's great moments are just too few and far between.

trusted.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom