• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nicolas Pepe (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think Bielsa tried and found he is not suitable for that role. He lacks technical ability and is very unpredictable. Makes it difficult to play with him
Tell me you know nothing about football without telling me you know nothing about football

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
To be fair, to have a good technique consistency has to be a strong factor. I don't think he is technically consistent.

He's probably a player with one of the highest ceiling in terms of technique in the squad, his floor is very low too though.

You can make a good argument he's got a great technique on his day and vice verse. That's kind of the problem.

His finishing is borderline elite though.

Weird player overall. Kind of one of those guys that's generally better at the hard stuff than the easier stuff.

He'd be one of my first choices if i had to pick an Arsenal player to skin 3 defenders and curl one in from the edge of the box. Probably one of the last I'd pick to make a 20 yard pass.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

That is exactly what technical means.

People mistake it with flair, which Pepe has somewhat, but he sucks technically for the reasons you describe.

I'm happy to offer more football lessons to anyone on here. Just PM me!
Technique is what you can do with the ball, striking ability on ball, your touch, passing range, weight of the ball etc.

In this regard Pepe can do what he likes as demonstrated over the time he's been here. Unorthodox or inconsistent technique, you man might have had a point.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Technique is what you can do with the ball, striking ability on ball, your touch, passing range, weight of the ball etc.

In this regard Pepe can do what he likes as demonstrated over the time he's been here. Unorthodox or inconsistent technique, you man might have had a point.
Stuff you have on that list, players developed that at a young age. Pepe being a goalie at the time means he didn't develop that properly so he does miss some basics you would expect from elite players.
I believe he developed dribbling and ball striking playing street football and he somehow managed to transition to an outfield player. It tells you how insanely talented he is by completing that transition, but there is still some damage left. I have no doubts he would be a top player if he started differently, but I still do admire how far he managed to get simply because of his talent

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think he needs trust to do well.

I thought he’d be suited to a spark plug role off the bench but I think he’s actually a guy who needs to play every week to build confidence.

His game seemed so tied into his confidence, you could tell when he was feeling it he’d try more outrageous things and they’d come off.

Similar to a Taarabt type imo.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
To be fair, to have a good technique consistency has to be a strong factor. I don't think he is technically consistent.

He's probably a player with one of the highest ceiling in terms of technique in the squad, his floor is very low too though.

You can make a good argument he's got a great technique on his day and vice verse. That's kind of the problem.

A large part of the problem here is also that we only saw him get somewhat consistent playing time in his first season here, while he was stil acustoming to the league. We saw glimpses of what he could do though.

The next 2 seasons has done anything but build him up to be succesful and consistent. Being consistent isn't something you can take for granted, he might have been consistently good for us if he had played consistent football as well.

@Rex Banter is on to it with his confidence and trust as well. I've mentioned it before as well, he looks to be the type who can really grow when he is confident and has the belief that he can take risks without being benched at the first mistake. That makes him take that extra dribble to unlock something special, or attempt a tough shot. He skinned Van Dijk in his first season here, has had a lot of great moments and sharp finishes , but because he's a player with some unpredictability to him Arteta dislikes him. It's very clear.

Pepe never looked as confused on the pitch under Emery as he did under Arteta - no wonder when you literally have video evidence of Arteta shouting "Nico! Nico! NiCoOo!" over and over, and exaggerated reactions from Arteta when Pepe missed a difficult first touch.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
WTF. His unpredictability derives from the fact that his technical ability sucks. He is a great finisher in the box and he sucks at everything else.

That 70S Show Reaction GIF by Laff

Gunners1616

Nobody, he'll be loaned out to some midtable club & Arsenal will be paying a half of his wages.

Might as well keep him and give him a chance. He can definitely play on the left with Jesus and Saka.

There is no point loaning him out when he can contribute. With a stronger defense and midfield i would be much less worried about him tracking back. When he has game time he is almost always productive.

He is one of those players that just need some freedom which is not a term known by Arteta unfortunately for Pépé.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A large part of the problem here is also that we only saw him get somewhat consistent playing time in his first season here, while he was stil acustoming to the league. We saw glimpses of what he could do though.

The next 2 seasons has done anything but build him up to be succesful and consistent. Being consistent isn't something you can take for granted, he might have been consistently good for us if he had played consistent football as well.

@Rex Banter is on to it with his confidence and trust as well. I've mentioned it before as well, he looks to be the type who can really grow when he is confident and has the belief that he can take risks without being benched at the first mistake. That makes him take that extra dribble to unlock something special, or attempt a tough shot. He skinned Van Dijk in his first season here, has had a lot of great moments and sharp finishes , but because he's a player with some unpredictability to him Arteta dislikes him. It's very clear.

Pepe never looked as confused on the pitch under Emery as he did under Arteta - no wonder when you literally have video evidence of Arteta shouting "Nico! Nico! NiCoOo!" over and over, and exaggerated reactions from Arteta when Pepe missed a difficult first touch.
Maybe that’s the problem. To be fair, Emery wasn’t a fan of Pepe either and relegated him to the bench eventually. I know Emery wanted Zaha, and we got the other Ivorian instead. Last season, Pepe didn’t ever seem to get a look in, even when Saka was struggling with fatigue. I suspect Arteta wants more of a Mahrez type player. Keep possession better, be more clever with his movement and is generally more astute. I thought Pepe would get a little more time since he’d ended the previous season with a bunch of goals, but…

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would have been class in the Wenger era, with the attacking freedom he gave his players.

Shame it ended here the way it did for him, but sometimes that happens...quality player on his day though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahshshshahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Put the cider away buddy.
You put the Kool Aid down first. Don’t forget, AM never set asking prices and what AM thinks rarely reflects how other clubs value our players. You’ll be surprised, and can guarantee you that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's not from thier info I'll delete it its from that Turkish journalist.

Arsenal Twitter need to check before posting these stuff

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

His finishing is borderline elite though.

Weird player overall. Kind of one of those guys that's generally better at the hard stuff than the easier stuff.

He'd be one of my first choices if i had to pick an Arsenal player to skin 3 defenders and curl one in from the edge of the box. Probably one of the last I'd pick to make a 20 yard pass.

Artetaball is the worst thing to happen to him. He's not an intelligent pick a pass and move player. He needs basic instruction. Knock the ball in front of him and have him run in behind and cross or shoot. He's the type of player who'd thrive under SAF or Wenger but modern possession football with slow build up simply isn't in his locker.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If we could get 35-40m for Iwobi, who’s not even half he player Pepe is, then that’s what we should be looking to recoup here. Hopefully we don’t entertain any silly offers from vulture clubs who think AM posters are in charge of negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom