• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nicolas Pepe (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
@14Henry and others clearly believe that Arsenal FC are the epitome of attacking football at club level. If you don’t work out at Arsenal then you clearly are a terrible footballer.

Anyway as others have said 18G/A with inconsistent game time and a team that struggled offensively in general is far from a player who can’t succeed. Some attackers will never produce those numbers in their entire career.

Btw @lomekian nobody cares about your essays determined to prove that a player is crap since your little Freudian slip racially charged comment. I understand people putting effort in to prove why a player is good but I’ve always found it weird when people really really go out of their way to prove why a player is bad. Combine that with your africa comment or whatever nonsense you said and you’re looking really funny right now. Allow it 🥱
Well I'm sorry that certain people are too busy (or lazy or stupid) to have proper debate, but I'm not sure repeatedly sharing meaningless one para non-points is actually a discussion.

As for your 'Freudian slip racially charged comment' phrase? Please - you know damn well I clarified that and apologised for not seeing the potential connotations. Strangely enough I'm not inclined to be racist against myself so can you allow it up your hole.

And for the record I have never said Pepe's is bad, unlike others. I've said he isn't as good as you and others have made out and have now provided statistical back up, but if you are too intellectually deficient to have an honest discussion about a point of disagreement rather than resorting to continued character slurs and straw man arguments, perhaps you should just put me on ignore.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Look he haven't learnt anything from last season. Did pepe check how many times the manager actually used him? Or started him?

Him working hard won't make any difference the manager don't see him fit to his system you hired a new agency for a reason ffs.
Nobody wants to pay his wages, what else can he do ffs. Hes a grafter and a likeable guy, your guy needs to sell at a heavy loss or play him ffs.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure what he says makes a difference really. The manager doesn't rate him and I think it's past the point of return. He'll either get forced out on loan or not kick a ball all season.
I’ve got a soft heart mate. Seeing his broken English there has me balling my eyes out.

He stays and we bring in two mids, Teta can go swivel.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
2020/21 season, Pepe came second in the POTY race. I mean it was far from a brilliant season but how can he get voted 2nd when he's been terrible through his entire time here?
He wasn't terrible all that season by any stretch. He was mediocre to terrible for stretches, but was also truly brilliant in the final quarter of that season, and had a number of good patches of form interspersed elsewhere. I would definitely acknowledge that as at least half a good season, and would rank it as the joint second best of his career.

What is interesting is why (bar this year when he didn't play and his career year at Lille) why every other season, here and in France, he has had long stretches of poor play but really good end of season runs. What is it about March, April, May that allows him to be more the player we all wish he was all season?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Honestly though, he’s probably had a good tour and doesn’t fancy a loan to the likes of Roma/Leicester/Marseille.

Seeing him beg like that has broken me though.

I like Pepe but I think he's a bit of a *****.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nobody wants to pay his wages, what else can he do ffs. Hes a grafter and a likeable guy, your guy needs to sell at a heavy loss or play him ffs .
Ateta won't use him unless he forced to that's why we targeting a winger if Arteta liked pepe we'd never bother to try buy one.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

if you are too intellectually deficient to have an honest discussion about a point of disagreement rather than resorting to continued character slurs and straw man arguments, perhaps you should just put me on ignore.

With your jungle footballer comments and regurgitating the most cliche, lazy, ignorant football takes repeatedly you are far from qualified to mention anything about intellectual deficiencies. I think you're a complete tw*t tbh and took you off ignore to make sure you knew.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Mods can we close this thread? There's no links, he's pretty much confirmed he's staying and we don't need two threads abusing the guy. He's complete dogshit, we get it - can we just allow it now please.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

With your jungle footballer comments and regurgitating the most cliche, lazy, ignorant football takes repeatedly you are far from qualified to mention anything about intellectual deficiencies. I think you're a complete tw*t tbh and took you off ignore to make sure you knew.

Home Run Baseball GIF by MLB

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Still he welcome to stay but after buying winger things will get more bad for him. So it's up to him at least go somewhere and kick back your career.

There are teams interested but definitely will be require we pay huge part of his wages if we send him on loan.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Mods can we close this thread? There's no links, he's pretty much confirmed he's staying and we don't need two threads abusing the guy. He's complete dogshit, we get it - can we just allow it now please.
We'll see in 1-2 weeks if nothing changes I'll lock it. Because as you said there no links

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Martinelli had an unimpressive season then?
1) He played the equivalent of 2 less matches and had one more goal contribution.
2) He was 20 at the start of the season as opposed to Pepe at 24 for the equivalent season.
3) His defensive work rate and effectiveness vastly outstrips that of Pepe's first season for us.

Taking these things into account, Martinelli had an impressive season for a player of his age, but were he a senior player his return would be ok at best for a team chasing CL football.

As a comparison, Alex Iwobi had 10 G+A in the EPL the season before we sold him in the summer, in less minutes than Pepe (so almost the same G+A to time ratio) but more than Martinelli.

Did anyone say Iwobi was Stellar that year?

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Not your fault you were easily influenced. 🫂

Do you think if I ask you a random none related football questions the mods will move it to general chit chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom