• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nicolas Pepe (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

lol the only reason Wenger wouldn't entertain Pepe is the price, I'd have loved to have seen what he could have done with him. If anything Wenger wouldn't have let him languish here so long, he tended to move attacking duds on fairly quickly (Gerv, Perez, Park Chu-Young)

Pepe's new agent has close ties with PSG (has done some work there before) so whilst I am not sure about the source, this one has legs. He's a Paris boy, this is basically a dream move for him.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Going to psg is wrong he should chose team where they counter attack and use so much space
He made his name in that league. Loads of left footed players under Wneger we're very one footed as well that's just how they are. Like Ødegaard who he tried to sign.

Man I can not wait for him go, one of the most excruciating transfers ever :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
lol the only reason Wenger wouldn't entertain Pepe is the price, I'd have loved to have seen what he could have done with him. If anything Wenger wouldn't have let him languish here so long, he tended to move attacking duds on fairly quickly (Gerv, Perez, Park Chu-Young)

Pepe's new agent has close ties with PSG (has done some work there before) so whilst I am not sure about the source, this one has legs. He's a Paris boy, this is basically a dream move for him.

It's like saying Alexis wasn't a Wenger player.

A tricky inverted winger with an eye for a goal? He'd be all over it.

MF is even from a French speaking county to boot.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It's like saying Alexis wasn't a Wenger player.

A tricky inverted winger with an eye for a goal? He'd be all over it.

MF is even from a French speaking county to boot.
Indeed. Wenger said he's a good player not quite playing with the freedom he had in France.

Also said he will lose his place to some of the kids in the academy if he's not careful. Not a single lie was told.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Indeed. Wenger said he's a good player not quite playing with the freedom he had in France.

Also said he will lose his place to some of the kids in the academy if he's not careful. Not a single lie was told.

Yeah, he's done it again, the old fox.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Pepe would’ve done damage under, some just don’t want to admit for some reason.

Wenger never had an attacker that didn’t perform for him, outside Gervinho and that weirdo Lucas Perez.

Even Gervinho wasn’t THAT bad.
Didnt we pay 17m for Perez? Guy had 3 starts for us 😂 Top notch scouting there. He scores like 4 goals a season on average

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Pepe would’ve done damage under, some just don’t want to admit for some reason.

Wenger never had an attacker that didn’t perform for him, outside Gervinho and that weirdo Lucas Perez.

Even Gervinho wasn’t THAT bad.
Pepe is a victim of Arteta. He managed to pull off 18 g/a in his first season. Same as Saka this season. Arteta is just a coach that destroys attacking players.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Says a lot though that in 25 years we can only pick 1 Wenger attacker who cost decent money and totally flopped.
Just to indulge in some nostalgia for a while, Wenger went through a the belt tightening period when the problem was that we were shopping for mid table talents. It was horrible signing Gerv & Chamakh and Perez etc. Not going to hold it against Wenger because his early hit rate was phenomenal but he definitely struggled at times when the money pipe was turned off.

It's just a different league now though. Hard to compare because Arteta is getting money to spend, but there's also much more money washing through the other teams - Top 6 and beyond. Hard to say if it's easier or harder than the post Emirates move era imo. What Arteta does have is Saka & ESR from the academy which is a boost.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Just to indulge in some nostalgia for a while, Wenger went through a the belt tightening period when the problem was that we were shopping for mid table talents. It was horrible signing Gerv & Chamakh and Perez etc. Not going to hold it against Wenger because his early hit rate was phenomenal but he definitely struggled at times when the money pipe was turned off.

It's just a different league now though. Hard to compare because Arteta is getting money to spend, but there's also much more money washing through the other teams - Top 6 and beyond. Hard to say if it's easier or harder than the post Emirates move era imo. What Arteta does have is Saka & ESR from the academy which is a boost.
The money pipe was turned off when we came to the Emirates and we still got CL with kids.

The only time he had money was at the end, at the start you can argue his sales funded the new buys - Anelka leaving for 25M etc.

Özil and Higuain would’ve won the league, but he had to buy one or the other.

I’m not comparing to Arteta either. Klopp reminds me a lot of early Wenger.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Özil and Higuain would’ve won the league, but he had to buy one or the other.

I’m not comparing to Arteta either. Klopp reminds me a lot of early Wenger.
There are some horrible "what if" moments in our history (I guess every club has them, but still).

Klopp reminds me of Wenger as well. Different philosophy but has the same vision and passion about football.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Pepe is so harshly done by Arteta unfortunately. He is nowhere near as poor as certain people (Arteta included) make him out to be. Ok, probably isn't worth spending a record 70 million on but he has probably been so harshly done by, fans & Arteta included. Arteta has to learn how to treat certain players better. He is better then he's done by Arteta imo. Arteta has to learn how to treat numerous players better aswell though imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom