• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nicolas Pepe (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Wenger never had an attacker that didn’t perform for him, outside Gervinho and that weirdo Lucas Perez.

Even Gervinho wasn’t THAT bad.

Yea Gervinho got decent end product for his minutes. Broke Theo's heart by Wenger gifting him the false 9 spot. He found himself in incredible space as a false 9. Great off the ball just a bit **** on it. I still remember him scoring while scuffing the ball

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Nico needs to go somewhere where he can enjoy his football again. He's never going to get enough of it here and he's got to much talent to be wasting what should be his best years. It isn't benefitting either us or him the way it is currently.

Arsenal4life14

He has lots of potential and probably could have been a top player, but he is just a donkey whenever he plays, He's got skill and speed just not the brain to go with it sadly. I'll be happy if we sell him.

He will probably be very good for a team that is set up for counter attacking football.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Didnt we pay 17m for Perez? Guy had 3 starts for us 😂 Top notch scouting there. He scores like 4 goals a season on average
Strangest thing about Perez was that he wasn't too bad for us, but was banished pretty quickly, and then has done not a great deal since

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Pepe is a victim of Arteta. He managed to pull off 18 g/a in his first season. Same as Saka this season. Arteta is just a coach that destroys attacking players.
His output would probably be the same if he played every week now. He's a great finisher, and not bad with delivery from wide areas. His problem is that he is so totally inconsistent in possession and tactically, that its extremely difficult to play him when he's not producing. Ultimately he is a victim, not of Arteta, but of the fact his direct competitor for his position is better as an all round footballer, and much more reliable in terms of performance levels.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Pepe would’ve done damage under, some just don’t want to admit for some reason.

Wenger never had an attacker that didn’t perform for him, outside Gervinho and that weirdo Lucas Perez.

Even Gervinho wasn’t THAT bad.
Gervinho had everything but consistent end product. He was a terror when he got on the ball. Perez is one of the strangest, dumbest signings this club has ever made maybe only eclipsed by that Korean dude that never played.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Gervinho had everything but consistent end product. He was a terror when he got on the ball. Perez is one of the strangest, dumbest signings this club has ever made maybe only eclipsed by that Korean dude that never played.
Gervinho was awful. I think time has softened the memories, but he was really bad. Such a frustrating player.

Did well after he left tho.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Gervinho was awful. I think time has softened the memories, but he was really bad. Such a frustrating player.

Did well after he left tho.
He was an awful finisher. He was incredible on the ball and absolutely rapid. He was frustrating because he could get wherever he wanted on the pitch pretty effortlessly but then he'd fluff an easy chance.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
He was an awful finisher. He was incredible on the ball and absolutely rapid. He was frustrating because he could get wherever he wanted on the pitch pretty effortlessly but then he'd fluff an easy chance.
Scored some worldies for Parma a few years later.

Kav

Established Member
Thanks StatsDNA. Wenger finally gets some cash and it get's handed to StatsDNA to sign Perez, Mustafi, Elneny and Xhaka. ****.
Was it not Gazidis who was pushing the statDna thing? Didn’t Arsenal even buy the company or something?

Pretty sure they have been wanting to use these stat merchants to replace the scouts for a very long time and waited unti Wenger was gone to fully implement that. which is why as soon as Arteta came in they scraped the entire scouting network. It was a cost cutting measure.

It’s no surprise they made some poor recommendations. Why anyone would solely rely on statistical information is beyond me. The eye test is and always should be the litmus test.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Did we actually end up binning scouting for StatDNA? Seems illogical, surely you use stat reports to create a shortlist for scouts.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Did we actually end up binning scouting for StatDNA? Seems illogical, surely you use stat reports to create a shortlist for scouts.
It should be the other way around. Scouts watch matches and see if they pass the eye test. Stats should be used to confirm that the players are consistently good at what the scouts found out.

chessygoal

If Salah goes to Real, Pepe might be the best guy available to replace him. Risky but I can see Klopp making it work and do what Arteta couldn't.
One thing Salah said in a post interview gave this idea "I have to thank our defence and midfield they always do all they can to give us the ball in 1v1 situation" that's exactly what Pepe needs.

MikeVinna

Established Member
If Salah goes to Real, Pepe might be the best guy available to replace him. Risky but I can see Klopp making it work and do what Arteta couldn't.
One thing Salah said in a post interview gave this idea "I have to thank our defence and midfield they always do all they can to give us the ball in 1v1 situation" that's exactly what Pepe needs.

Didn’t Salah come out and say he’s staying with Pool though? And even if he leaves Klopp can do much better than Pepe as a replacement. Probably knick Gnabry from under our noses.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
For sure the coaches didn’t rate him and maybe the system didn’t suit or whatever, but also I just don’t think he gave it his all, which is quite sad, you only get a couple of big chances as a pro athlete and it feels like he wasted his here, just never looked like he was serious about it.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Pépé not trying enough or being good enough is 100% recency bias. He downed tools this season, especially the second half where he pretty much was chained to the bench.

Last season Nico had 16g5a in 2829 mins across all comps. Saka this season has 12g7a in 3359 mins. That’s a goal contribution every 135th min vs one every 177th min. And Saka is our player of the season.

Pépé’s lack of impact here is solely down to being misunderstood and misused. Square peg, round hole situation and the responsibility of not being able to put such an asset to better use is Arteta’s and no one else’s.

Not good enough my ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom