• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nicolas Pepe (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well yeah loan plus obligation is best possible outcome whole europe is broke and can't see PL side want him.

Vanpayslip

Just a hunch but I feel his heart is in France but he obviously wants to make more money than is on offer there (unless he goes to PSG which I doubt would happen at this stage). He’d probably be happiest if he could go back to France while Arsenal subsidise his wages until the end of his contract.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just a hunch but I feel his heart is in France but he obviously wants to make more money than is on offer there (unless he goes to PSG which I doubt would happen at this stage). He’d probably be happiest if he could go back to France while Arsenal subsidise his wages until the end of his contract.
No one can afford him in France apart from psg even if he take paycut. Any loan deal we'll have to pay part of his wages.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Unless he absolutely blows up on loan next season he's very likely to still be an Arsenal player ( at least in name) till his contract expires.

Even if he does pretty well on loan next year, he'll only have 1 year left on his contract by the time the loan ends. Interested clubs may as well just wait another year till his contract expires and get a better financial deal.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

He was a good player on his day & I'd have time for him for another year or 2, it's true he hasn't been consistent unfortunately which has probably been what has cost him. Imo Arteta also hasn't given him quite enough gametime to show his worth unfortunately. Probably best for him to move on if he wants more gametime though.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Lukaku is a good case study in EPL value.

Signed by Chelsea for 13.5m loaned to West Brom and Everton (paying a 3.15m loan fee) He does well and Everton buy him for 31.82m. He does well there and United buy him for 76.23m. United sell him outside the EPL to the financially ruined Italian league for 66.6m. This is the first time in 8 years that he moves outside of England.

I guess the lesson here is when you buy a player from these ruined leagues and they decide they want to go back (unless ite Real Madrid or PSG and if it is them its them wanting to buy rather then the seller wanting to sell) the selling club is getting fleeced with offers of mars bars and crisps.

If you buy and sell within England there is a track record, Look at the demand for Lingard, look at the fees touted for Sterling, Jesus, Raphina, Broja- the fees for Richarlison, Nick Pope (compared to Leno who we are struggling to offload). If Pepe played for West Ham or Villa and banged 10 goals a season for them id guarantee we could sell him on.

*figures from Transfrmarket

Last edited:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
For his age, the right thing to do would be to find a permanent move even if it means a wage cut. If he is in his late 20s, it makes sense to stick to his salary demands. But right now, taking a wage cut will give him better long term returns.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

For his age, the right thing to do would be to find a permanent move even if it means a wage cut. If he is in his late 20s, it makes sense to stick to his salary demands. But right now, taking a wage cut will give him better long term returns.
He would be an idiot to walk away from all that money. And his agent should know the club gladly loans out players the manager don’t want

gamechannel

Yeah we'd have to subsidize his wages to send him on loan let alone getting a loan fee. Other clubs are not stupid. They know Arteta doesn't want to play him so no one would offer any loan fee and would haggle arsenal over wages.

I doubt anyone buys him either. The only way arsenal gets rid of him is by waiving the transfer fee and have another club take on his full wages. People know that if Arteta doesn't want you around, he will take the financial hit.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He would be an idiot to walk away from all that money. And his agent should know the club gladly loans out players the manager don’t want
Not really. As I said, if he is at a later age, it makes sense for him to hold on to the money. At this point, he needs to move to a club where there is some certainty and playing time. A loan is not the right move for him now. If he can move to a good team and prove himself there, he can get even more money in the long term. I am sure he has the skillset to do that. Making a wrong career move now just for the sake of wages is short sighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom