• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nicolas Pepe (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not really. As I said, if he is at a later age, it makes sense for him to hold on to the money. At this point, he needs to move to a club where there is some certainty and playing time. A loan is not the right move for him now. If he can move to a good team and prove himself there, he can get even more money in the long term. I am sure he has the skillset to do that. Making a wrong career move now just for the sake of wages is short sighted.
He can have career ending injury any time. The man has a family. He plays for money, to walk out of this wages to go back to France on French wages would be stupid

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He can have career ending injury any time. The man has a family. He plays for money, to walk out of this wages to go back to France on French wages would be stupid
That's lame reasoning. What is the probability of career ending happening vs moving on a loan which ends up badly? The guy is 27. His next contract is more important money wise than his current contract. If a loan doesn't go well, it is probably end of career for him. If he really cared about money, it makes sense for him to take a wage cut now. I am sure there will be much better clubs than the French clubs willing to take him if he is willing to do it.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
That's lame reasoning. What is the probability of career ending happening vs moving on a loan which ends up badly? The guy is 27. His next contract is more important money wise than his current contract. If a loan doesn't go well, it is probably end of career for him. If he really cared about money, it makes sense for him to take a wage cut now. I am sure there will be much better clubs than the French clubs willing to take him if he is willing to do it.

99% of players don't take wage cuts in modern football. As for the rest of his career, he'll get a loan on his current wages, maybe prove himself so he can get another good contract somewhere else.

As for his next contract being worth more than the current one. Never happening, this is his peak contract by far because he will have to drop down a couple of levels in his next move

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

99% of players don't take wage cuts in modern football. As for the rest of his career, he'll get a loan on his current wages, maybe prove himself so he can get another good contract somewhere else.

As for his next contract being worth more than the current one. Never happening, this is his peak contract by far because he will have to drop down a couple of levels in his next move
Yep his status is not so good now to walk out on this contract. A good loan can earn him a good contract somewhere else.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Lots of people doing something doesn't mean it's the right decision for everyone and every situation. Pepe is 27 and he has already wasted some of his prime years here. Going on a loan now is a serious gamble. Given the current economic situation, only very few clubs could afford him at his current wages. But I don't think any of those clubs are looking for his profile. He will end up wasting another year here without minutes to show for, unless he reduces his wage demands.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I reckon he’s staying now which is gonna be torture. No links and I reckon our winger signing might be average.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I reckon he’s staying now which is gonna be torture. No links and I reckon our winger signing might be average.
Don't think it's gonna be torture, if he wants to stay it's because he has no football ambition left and all the fans who were supporting him will give up. It is gonna be a waste but I won't be bothered like I used to with him

Emibury

Not sure why people are upset that Pepe stays. He has been a big disappointment since he arrived, but we are also entering a season where we have the additional European games and where subs will be increasingly important with the 5 sub rule. He is a decent option off the bench who is capable of contributing, and we are unlikely to be able to buy a better option with the meagre transfer fee we will get for him.

I feel the same about Xhaka - don't really want him starting for us regularly, but keeping him around provides depth.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Apparently sevilla, leeds (as raphinha replacement), Lyon and Marseille interested according to some Spanish paper..
Not really reliable I guess but whatever

neimad

Apparently sevilla, leeds (as raphinha replacement), Lyon and Marseille interested according to some Spanish paper..
Not really reliable I guess but whatever

What could we get for him? It's going to be a serious loss. I'd be surprised at anything over £25 million. I bet we insist on the fee not beimng made public:slap:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

15m haha 🤣, stop lowballing ffs pay up or shut up. City would have flogged him for 30m+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom