• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trofton

Yes Hazard is world class player but at real madrid he been worse than pepe and not to mention he always injured. Pepe now he just 2 season wonder at Lille he didn't keep it up and we fall into trap spending big money.
Hazards had under 30 appearances and ACL injury what’s pepes excuse ? Must be on 50 appearances now not a stand out moment

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I've been looking back on all the signings we've made on the right wing and what stands out is how poorly we have recruited in that position compared to other attacking positions. It's genuinely weird. On the left we had Overmars, Pires, Nasri, Cazorla, Sanchez, Reyes, Arshavin, Iwobi, and Auba. While on the right we've had Ljungberg, Walcott, Vela, Willian, Hleb, Rosicky, Gervinho, Campbell, The Ox, Mkhi and now Pepe. For me, the left wins and there were some world class talent. On the right it's very hit and miss. Is there a long term structural issue at hand? Have we always just favoured the left? Could Saka be the one to bring some respect back to that position?

Trofton

The only thing Pepe knows how to do is the same left foot curling shot, rinse and repeat. Its so predictable and very easy too defend against because you always know what he is gonna do, the left foot curling shot, its the only thing he has in his locker... its nowhere near enough, so easy to stop him because he has 1 tool.

I feel like he is on loop every match, serious dejavu feeling. He dribbles a little and loses the ball, then you don't see him for ages, and then all of a sudden he gets the ball and does a left foot curling shot that most of the time goes high and wide, rinse and repeat for next game.

I get that he is very bad on his right foot, ok fair enough, but with his left I will like to see some drilled shots, drilled hard and low, or perhaps some power shots, but its always the same left foot curling shot over and over, the other teams all know it
Said it before and I’ll say it again everyone knew what Arjen Robben was gonna do, fake right cut in left curl left footed top corner. It’s not the predictability it’s the slowness and conviction Pepe has no conviction and is slow getting past through or around players

Trofton

I've been looking back on all the signings we've made on the right wing and what stands out is how poorly we have recruited in that position compared to other attacking positions. It's genuinely weird. On the left we had Overmars, Pires, Nasri, Cazorla, Sanchez, Reyes, Arshavin, Iwobi, and Auba. While on the right we've had Ljungberg, Walcott, Vela, Willian, Hleb, Rosicky, Gervinho, Campbell, The Ox, Mkhi and now Pepe. For me, the left wins and there were some world class talent. On the right it's very hit and miss. Is there a long term structural issue at hand? Have we always just favoured the left? Could Saka be the one to bring some respect back to that position?
We don’t have a transfer policy

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hazards had under 30 appearances and ACL injury what’s pepes excuse ? Must be on 50 appearances now not a stand out moment
No excuse that's why we should sell this summer you give players 2 season to show something specially forwards but he hasn't been showing anything apart from few lovely goals there is still alot of games so you'd hope he step up.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

ganzr78uedb61.jpg

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We’ve always favoured the left, right has always been makeshift - but Pepe was one of the few attempts we made for the position in particular.

Saka will follow suit the longer he plays there tbh, but whatever. Even he’s makeshift if you deep it.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Somehow the fact Pepe hasn't created a single chance from open play will be spun as Arteta's fault I'm sure :lol:

Willian gets battered on here, rightly so to be fair. Pepe's been no better.
You're only allowed to criticise the management, Willian, Lacazette, Auba, Bellerin(I remember once a guy called him racist for not passing to Pepe ffs) & everyone else under the sun but not Pepe. He can never be criticised & has no fault whatsoever don't you know

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
He's rock bottom confidence wise.

A frequent problem with many of our players. An issue of our transfer and scouting policy. We don’t scout mentality or character traits. We need to sign hungry and determined players only, those who want to win and hate losing, even if they have less raw talent. It’s what made Fergie great. Mentality first, talent second.

I remember when Bellerin said that Alexis had no friends in the dressing room because he enjoyed winning too much.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
A frequent problem with many of our players. An issue of our transfer and scouting policy. We don’t scout mentality or character traits. We need to sign hungry and determined players only, those who want to win and hate losing, even if they have less raw talent. It’s what made Fergie great. Mentality first, talent second.

I remember when Bellerin said that Alexis had no friends in the dressing room because he enjoyed winning too much.
Completely agree. And that Beller-bin quote is pitiful.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Erase and rewind
‘Cause I’ve been changing my mind

Frimpong pretty much nailed it when he said he’s like a youth player making his debut, because apart from the odd moment, he can’t string a performance together—even with those odd moments. He’s plays like a raw kid every time you see him.

Let him go and be Thierry 2.0 or whatever, somewhere else.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He needs space, he should really be playing for a wolves or a Watford, teams that play on the counter.

Every game he plays his value goes down.

Moah

I expect the most from Pepe. He is my guy. My favorite. We paid 72 M for him. Every time he steps on the pitch I'm waiting to see why.

Don't misunderstand me. Like I said, I put blame on many, we played badly tonight. But Pepe is bought to be the leader, a game-changer. If he can't do that on a constant basis it's time to cut our losses I think.
I don't know how no one told you this yet but , your "Pepe is my favorite, I love Pepe" talk is the one of the cringiest thing I seen in this forum. Its fake, you know it and everybody else know it. Just go on with the way you used to treat the subject.

This, your like/post ratio talk, Saka/ESR talk and daily begging for a 'trusted' status is making you one of the worst posters on the forum. Bring back the old hydro, this one ain't no good.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom