• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No way it's time to give up on this guy. Just look at what he does. His ball striking is just elite. Don't care about the opposition. If we get our attacking play sorted he will be a killer

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Shock, you're posting ANOTHER team with absolutely nowhere near enough creativity. Ffs, AMN is the most useless player technically. Why you filling your team with runners :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Runners? That's how you see it?

Nelson, Saka, Tierney and Partey are creative players. Just because they are not wearing a 10, it doesn't mean they are not creative. They break lines, they hold the ball under pressure, they move off the ball, they carry and they don't dribble it to you.

How is AMN the most useless player technically? Seriously. Stop the agenda. He moves the ball forward with minimal touches. Can control and pass with either foot and can turn. It's not a coincidence that he fed Nelson all game, and when he switched into midfield he got three ball to Pepe.

He is fully capable of covering Bellerin and Pepe in the rcm spot.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Runners? That's how you see it?

Nelson, Saka, Tierney and Partey are creative players. Just because they are not wearing a 10, it doesn't mean they are not creative. They break lines, they hold the ball under pressure, they move off the ball, they carry and they don't dribble it to you.

How is AMN the most useless player technically? Seriously. Stop the agenda. He moves the ball forward with minimal touches. Can control and pass with either foot and can turn. It's not a coincidence that he fed Nelson all game, and when he switched into midfield he got three ball to Pepe.

He is fully capable of covering Bellerin and Pepe in the rcm spot.

Partey isn't a creative player, last night on BT sport they showed a key example of how Partey isn't a creative player. He received the ball on the edge of the box against Leicester I think it was. A creative player would've turned to be facing the goal, someone like KDB would let it run across him and either shoot or whip a ball in. But Partey just passed it back to Bellerin out wide who then passed it back again.

Tierney is an elite crosses of the ball, can't deny that. But none of the players you mentioned are helping our lack of goals at the moment. So why on earth would it suddenly change things? Adding AMN instead of a proper creative 8 in the CM in your hypothetical team just doesn't work.

You've seen we lack creativity and decided to put AMN in midfield :lol: would've been more accepting of it if you used ESR.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Partey isn't a creative player, last night on BT sport they showed a key example of how Partey isn't a creative player. He received the ball on the edge of the box against Leicester I think it was. A creative player would've turned to be facing the goal, someone like KDB would let it run across him and either shoot or whip a ball in. But Partey just passed it back to Bellerin out wide who then passed it back again.

Tierney is an elite crosses of the ball, can't deny that. But none of the players you mentioned are helping our lack of goals at the moment. So why on earth would it suddenly change things? Adding AMN instead of a proper creative 8 in the CM in your hypothetical team just doesn't work.

You've seen we lack creativity and decided to put AMN in midfield :lol: would've been more accepting of it if you used ESR.

Firstly, Partey against Leicester was not a representation of how he plays. He was instructed to sit deep and play it wide for Xhaka and Ceballos to build. Vs Man United he showed how he can create.

It's not the final action that is always creative. The assist is creative, but so is the pre assist and the line breaking pass into the final third. David Luiz was Chelsea's most progressive passer and the highest through ball player in his final season at Chelsea. He is also one of our most creative players.

Adding AMN to a midfield 3 makes perfect sense. He isn't there to create. He is there to protect the counter.

Nelson------------Auba-------Pepe---------Bellerin
------------Saka

That's your 5 lanes of attack.

----------Tierney--------Partey---------AMN

-----------------Gabriel----------Luiz

That's your 5 channels of defence.

That's why AMN works in that system.

Put in ESR, someone who literally runs beyond the forward, and then we are left with 4 who cannot cover large spaces in a counter.

Reactions: JCB

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
No way it's time to give up on this guy. Just look at what he does. His ball striking is just elite. Don't care about the opposition. If we get our attacking play sorted he will be a killer

When he had that long range shot that crashed off the bar I was thinking if anyone else in our squad could hit the ball like that. Apart from Xhaka in a previous life, and even then, once in a blue moon, we don't have anyone else who could.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

When he had that long range shot that crashed off the bar I was thinking if anyone else in our squad could hit the ball like that. Apart from Xhaka in a previous life, and even then, once in a blue moon, we don't have anyone else who could.

Last person we had like it was another left footer, RVP.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

:lol:

I found this discouraging tbh, not sure what Mik’s problem is.
You can't blame mikel pepe either take a shot or pass and it's a goal but ge decided to dribble. It's frustrating for manager because in training I'm sure always telling them to be clinical

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You can't blame mikel pepe either take a shot or pass and it's a goal but ge decided to dribble. It's frustrating for manager because in training I'm sure always telling them to be clinical
I need to see this reaction when Willian does whatever the hell he does though.

But we don’t. We had scored like 3 or 4 at this point, it’s just a bit poor.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

People readin to much into it I think. Just frustrated of not getting a goal. Thats all.

Nah he did it at least once when Pepe lost the ball near touchline in second half. Could see Arteta on sideline get angry. Maybe he does it with everyone but that is still an issue.

Nah he did it at least once when Pepe lost the ball near touchline in second half. Could see Arteta on sideline get angry. Maybe he does it with everyone but that is still an issue.

Well maybe then Arteta thinks this is the best way to get the most out of Pepe. I think everything Arteta has done up until now is getting the best out of Pepe. Even if we dont understand it now if its pays off its master piece from Arteta!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

At least Pepe creates chances. Some decisions are still pretty rubbish, but he has a ton of talent. I really hope Mikel can be patient enough with him, which can be difficult when your job is on the line at some point.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

At least Pepe creates chances. Some decisions are still pretty rubbish, but he has a ton of talent. I really hope Mikel can be patient enough with him, which can be difficult when your job is on the line at some point.
This is the main reason I can kinda see where Arteta coming from a bit.

Wenger never reacted like that, but he was in a job 20 years. Arteta’s job looks shaky after a bad run, so for him every goal is gonna count I guess.

If I saw him react like this to everything I’d have all the time in the world for it, but he doesn’t let’s be honest.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He was very involved and had some good touches. His decision making is erratic and borne out of fear of making a mistake but he needs more games like this. Last season he hugged the touchline, waited for the ball and then lost it. I like this assertiveness. Now he needs some finesse.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This is the main reason I can kinda see where Arteta coming from a bit.

Wenger never reacted like that, but he was in a job 20 years. Arteta’s job looks shaky after a bad run, so for him every goal is gonna count I guess.

If I saw him react like this to everything I’d have all the time in the world for it, but he doesn’t let’s be honest.
Arteta is an inexperienced, young manager and he will make mistakes. We are in a bad period now and how he is able to coach and manage the team out of it will be key. I still have hope that both Arteta and Pepe will come out of this well. This might not in the end be the case, but both have plenty of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom