• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Wasn't brilliant by any stretch but I thought he did ok today when we eventually got the ball to him. Unfortunately ok with that price tag hanging over him isn't ever going to be enough. He's going to be here this season anyway so would like to see him get minutes with the likes of Laca/ESR.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Yet another chance for him, yet another poor performance.

Lack of service is a poor excuse. There’s so much he could do. He could press like Martinelli was pressing in order to force mistakes. He could drop deeper into midfield to help them out as well as get more of the ball. But his off ball movement is so static. And most of the time when he saw the ball in the second half he was poor with it

Camus

Trusted ⭐

He's still easily one of our more productive attackers but having him dip in and our of games just won't help. Suppose you can't drop Saka for him.
He also had
Outright the lowest pass success of anyone that played 90 minutes and joint lowest of anyone.
Was dispossessed the most of anyone
And lost the ball the 2nd most behind Nketiah

I don't care what uncontextualised Squawka stats say, none of those 5 "chances created" were remotely chances bar the one for Eddie. What was clearly and obvious from actually watching his performance was that he was a black hole that consistently lost/gave the ball away and killed promising moves.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yet another chance for him, yet another poor performance.

Lack of service is a poor excuse. There’s so much he could do. He could press like Martinelli was pressing in order to force mistakes. He could drop deeper into midfield to help them out as well as get more of the ball. But his off ball movement is so static. And most of the time when he saw the ball in the second half he was poor with it

Jakarta

Lol I was just about to reply to him.

Making Africans look like money grabbers. It’s not like Özil, Bale and many countless non-african players haven’t milked big money contracts.

I guess he thinks Pepe grew up in a remote poor village in Ivory Coast so he needs all the money he can get. Oh wait he was born in France and grew up there.....

lol man there was no need to bring up him being African.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Has the skills and potential, but unless we change the manager to someone who can extract more from, I think we need to call time on his career here IMO.

Hopefully we can use him as leverage for players come the summer.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He was bad today. Out of 5 chances he created only one was of any real quality. Before he took that freekick I pointed on my tv screen and told my friend exactly which row he was going to send the ball in and I was pretty much spot on.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
He was bad today. Out of 5 chances he created only one was of any real quality. Before he took that freekick I pointed on my tv screen and told my friend exactly which row he was going to send the ball in and I was pretty much spot on.

Tbf he finally managed to not hit the first man from a set piece, so if Im like the Pepe fanboy club that means it was a good attempt therefore good performance

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Too limited footballer he can try how much he want but for fullbacks it's easy to stop him because when he dribble he go with speed and always try to cut inside he need to upgrade his game he got talent but he limited

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Too limited footballer he can try how much he want but for fullbacks it's easy to stop him because when he dribble he go with speed and always try to cut inside he need to upgrade his game he got talent but he limited

But remember when he first arrived I swear he was playing much better. He was trying to dribble past players, he looked more confident. I don't see any of that anymore. For the sake of his career he needs to go back to France.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Everyone knows I’m almost the Manberg equivalent for Pepe but what I will say is he did some good stuff and some bad stuff today. Was our most dangerous looking attacker though.

I think a lot of you before you go ballistic today need to ask yourself what the other attacking players did in that match.

That African comment is just typical but what I’ve come to expect from some of you.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
But remember when he first arrived I swear he was playing much better. He was trying to dribble past players, he looked more confident. I don't see any of that anymore. For the sake of his career he needs to go back to France.
Of course he want to do something he frustrated with himself the talks of fee and him not delivering surely will put pressure on players he need to forget that and focus on how to to improve his game

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Of course he want to do something he frustrated with himself the talks of fee and him not delivering surely will put pressure on players he need to forget that and focus on how to to improve his game

Yeah he needs to focus, but imo he can only do that by returning to France. He's finished here, he's going backwards. He could still have a career but not with us. Maybe a Lyon, Marseille or Rennes would take him.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Been hoping he’d eventually turn things around but now I’m out. There’s a good player in there but he’s not at all suited to how Arsenal plays/played under Arteta, Emery or Wenger. Such a poor signing from a strategical perspective and probably never even had the chance of making it here...

Time to move him on. Not expecting to get more than 35m and I’m okay with taking the L.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yeah he needs to focus, but imo he can only do that by returning to France. He's finished here, he's going backwards. He could still have a career but not with us. Maybe a Lyon, Marseille or Rennes would take him.
Yes his time here running out desperately want to succeed but when you not helping yourself it will be hard to keep him

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Been hoping he’d eventually turn things around but now I’m out. There’s a good player in there but he’s not at all suited to how Arsenal plays/played under Arteta, Emery or Wenger. Such a poor signing from a strategical perspective and probably never even had the chance of making it here...

Time to move him on. Not expecting to get more than 35m and I’m okay with taking the L.
No one's gonna offer that much for a flop. They'll wait till his contract runs out. Unless of course his personal management decides to push for a move can't see him going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom