• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

To where? I honestly don't see a place for him to go, which is why I'm expecting him to stay. If we'd get a 40-50m offer we should bite their hands off.

It would be amazing if we could be like Chelsea in that regard. Always seem to get their misfits out of the door for the same price they brought him (Morata etc.).
Clubs will take him, if the Arsenal are willing to take a loss.

We lost over 200m off the top of my head with Özil, Mustafi, Sanchez etc. What’s 50m more?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Clubs will take him, if the Arsenal are willing to take a loss.

We lost over 200m off the top of my head with Özil, Mustafi, Sanchez etc. What’s 50m more?
I'd be all for selling him for €40-50m and Laca for €20-30m and then splurging €80m on Grealish, but I just don't see it happening unfortunately.

I also still feel like there is a player in there, despite everything. But realistically I would be in favor of replacing him with a marquee left winger. Not many of them out there, though.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I'd be all for selling him for €40-50m and Laca for €20-30m and then splurging €80m on Grealish, but I just don't see it happening unfortunately.

I also still feel like there is a player in there, despite everything. But realistically I would be in favor of replacing him with a marquee left winger. Not many of them out there, though.
Could care less what the club gets for Pepe tbh, I'd just rather see him play. Selfish but it's true.

We will never see more than 30 mil for Pepe ever anyways, he just doesn't play enough you can forget about recouping.

Grealish could come but, the issues are bigger than him after a couple seasons here you will barely recognise him.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Could care less what the club gets for Pepe tbh, I'd just rather see him play. Selfish but it's true.

We will never see more than 30 mil for Pepe ever anyways, he just doesn't play enough you can forget about recouping.

Grealish could come but, the issues are bigger than him after a couple seasons here you will barely recognise him.
That's definitely true.

OSBK

Established Member

I would love nothing more than grealish in a arsenal shirt but for me he is liverpool bound. City/united and chelsea are already stacked in that area and liverpool will likely lose win/ox/mane this summer. Grealish is a prime signing for them.

We will likely end up with ward prowse

Kav

Established Member
Pepe needs to get back to basics. Forget the twenty step overs and feints. Beat your man, either put in a cross, a pass or drive past him and make him foul you. He's been forcing it all season and its not working. Teams now know to double team him so he will have to be smart. What bellerin should do is make himself available for a pass once the double team comes in but those two don't seem to sync well.

Zaza

Arteta hasn't been fair to this guy. When he finally got into form - he gets dropped.
I think it's obvious to anyone with eyes that he needs a run of games to get his groove.
Pepe is talented. I think we've been too harsh on him

Macho

Dusted 🔻

To be honest with Pepe though, there’s nothing for him here - he’s got Saka, ESR, Ødegaard and Willian ahead of him.

I can only conclude he’s sitting around because of his salary and if he doesn’t push for a move this summer, then I would actually judge him more than Arteta.

Sadly, I think he’s more likely to get “trust the process” on his boots than resuscitate his career. These man are a bit weird.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I actually thought we would have rotated a bit more, and that he'd get a start against Benfica, but seems Arteta is trying to settle on a first eleven. Pepe seems to not be a part of that first eleven.

Moah

To be honest with Pepe though, there’s nothing for him here - he’s got Saka, ESR, Ødegaard and Willian ahead of him.

I can only conclude he’s sitting around because of his salary and if he doesn’t push for a move this summer, then I would actually judge him more than Arteta.

Sadly, I think he’s more likely to get “trust the process” on his boots than resuscitate his career. These man are a bit weird.
Agreed.

Unless he thinks Arteta is on his way out, its stupid to sit in the bench and hope for a chance.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
His competition is ESR and Ødegaard and that’s tough for him, because we’ve looked a better probing team capable of controlling games with one or both of them in the side. I think he gets a start vs Leicester, but if he doesn’t and we won, why give a toss?

Managers have to make big decisions that don’t always fit with our own ideals, and we can only field ten outfield players at a time. I just hope when he does get a chance it’s on the left.

amigo

He’s 25 not a teen like Martinelli who can wait around, he’s not even getting a look in apart from dead rubber matches against City. He really needs to look at himself and his situation.

I’m not sure Willian is ahead of Pepe in the pecking order.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Our season hinges on Europa league and Pepe hasn't played since group stages.

Even if Willian isn't, fine - changes nothing I said he should still be thinking about a move, with the club planning what to do with the funds.

scytheavatar

Established Member

i2fvnh7ympj61.jpg

Arteta's own words.

Iceman10

Established Member

Although he has been sidelined recently the month before that he showed progress, enough to suggest he could have a good season next season. You don’t buy players for 70m on five year contracts to only show something near their worth in their third season, was clearly a bad transfer, but it is what it is and I don’t see the club dumping him for a loss of 50m on his transfer fee. I think he has been sidelined recently in part because Arteta is set on pushing the case to buy Ødegaard this summer, and hence so many minutes going to Ødegaard, in order to convince our board as well as the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom