• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
His miss was awful, no point in discussing it too much. Every offensive player will have one or two awful misses in their career, this was one of Pepe`s. The main thing is that his cameo showed how incredibly biased Arteta is when it comes to Willian/Pepe. You could tell he couldn`t wait to put Willian back in the team after his first good game in months while Pepe, man of the match against Leicester and very good the last month, is dropped. Infuriating.

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Blame him? Did he or did he not miss a sitter? If you read what I wrote, I pointed out I think we'd have won if he came on earlier.

I think Pepe is easily in our best XI now, but you still have to call a spade a spade and you are an absolute spanner.

I was agreeing with you, mate.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That miss hit shot tho 🤭 should have been goal.

Still he look good and has to start ahead of Willian

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The main thing is that his cameo showed how incredibly biased Arteta is when it comes to Willian/Pepe.
I was thinking about that a lot, and I don't believe it anymore it's just Arteta. Think there is a couple of people within his team who are forcing that idea. Arteta didn't sign Willian alone, no manager in the PL decides on that stuff alone.
It's hard to say from the outside what's the reason behind that, but it's obviously not his quality.

I think they all need to f*ck off for some time with that and use him for the EL at least, our last ticket for Europe next season. They can address the issue somewhere in the summer, but for now, we absolutely need this guy to perform

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
People are only mentioning the obvious miss, but the penalty shout was another great chance he missed. Fantastic set up from Saka and Lacazette for that chance.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
He should have been brought on in 60min Arteta again just kept faith on Willian who was not having his best games despite the assist but encouraged by pepe he start looking the player we bought took him while to settle but better late than never

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol misses a tap in but catches a volley with weaker foot, shame that didn’t go in.

Jury’s legion and brexit posters will cry cause I’ve said it again, but yeah needs to save himself and secure a move this summer.

Will be hard with limited minutes though kind of a hopeless situation.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Genuine question, why didn't Arteta start him?

I thought his performance in the Leicester game will force Arteta to start him in this game.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Genuine question, why didn't Arteta start him?

I thought his performance in the Leicester game will force Arteta to start him in this game.

Yea it makes no sense. Even if Arteta wanted to start his beloved Willian, he should have just started Pepe instead of Saka and brought on Saka in the last 30 minutes of the game. That way Saka would not be too rusty for the Europa league game coming up. I am not Pepe's biggest fan, but he adds something different from the other forwards. His game is the most unpredictable, both the good and the bad. And the fact that he was in form, he has to get as much game time as possible.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Arteta loves willian and now he got couple of assists he feel he can start him. It’s madness what he is doing to pepe
Don't buy that "assists" crap if you have any brains. It was a simple pass and most of the work was done by Auba and Tierney in the last game. That's why I hate when people come up with stats, but you watch the game and see he was rubbish. Today, he couldn't do anything, just like he couldn't do it for most of the season.

It's a fact that we play much better with Pepe and Saka on the wings, and I would argue we look better with Laca as a CF but I understand that Auba is the one scoring goals, but that's completely different to situation of Willian and Pepe

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Don't buy that "assists" crap if you have any brains. It was a simple pass and most of the work was done by Auba and Tierney in the last game. That's why I hate when people come up with stats, but you watch the game and see he was rubbish. Today, he couldn't do anything, just like he couldn't do it for most of the season.

It's a fact that we play much better with Pepe and Saka on the wings, and I would argue we look better with Laca as a CF but I understand that Auba is the one scoring goals, but that's completely different to situation of Willian and Pepe
Fully agree. Willian is trash. I don’t know a single fan who even likes him. Arteta will use the assists as a way to say he is creating.The willian/pepe situation is carbon copy of malcom/dembele situation at Barca. One wasn’t great in the general play and lost the ball quite a bit. But was capable of creating decisive moment and could beat a player. The other one kept the general play moving along and worked for the team. But had little actual impact in the offense

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
If it was Artetas intention to keep Pepe fresh for Thurs then that is understandable. However, if Willian starts Thursday that is totally unacceptable.

Lively today, shocking miss, mind you Sakas was pretty bad as well!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Blame him? Did he or did he not miss a sitter? If you read what I wrote, I pointed out I think we'd have won if he came on earlier.

I think Pepe is easily in our best XI now, but you still have to call a spade a spade and you are an absolute spanner.

This is great. :lol:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I love Pepe and don't want him to leave. Yeah, he's frustrating for sure but he is talented and looks to have adjusted to the physicality of the league. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if Arteta actually sees him having a future in his 4-3-3 whenever we get the players suited for it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Arteta start him 4 times last 6 league games its not like Arteta keeping him out
You can't randomly just start/drop someone a player like him. It was clear how Burnley plays and that we would need him to start. Well organized team like them, you just have to start a player that can do something more than passing the ball back or putting in a cross, and the only 2 players capable of doing that are Saka and Pepe.
It was a complete failure from Arteta and his assistants and they've only tried to fix the issue for the last 20 minutes.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
You can't randomly just start/drop someone a player like him. It was clear how Burnley plays and that we would need him to start. Well organized team like them, you just have to start a player that can do something more than passing the ball back or putting in a cross, and the only 2 players capable of doing that are Saka and Pepe.
It was a complete failure from Arteta and his assistants and they've only tried to fix the issue for the last 20 minutes.
Arteta have obsession with changing front 4 he got that from pep. But for me our front 4 should be Pepe saka auba until one of them start drop performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom