• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
not really, he was replaced by Willian at the start of the season, something that many of us can't understand to this day. But keep it up mate, you're doing great
Replaced by Willian? There's no truth in that at all when you consider how many starts each have had. It's actually nonsense.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
At this point I prefer him over the club, tbh.

Dead football with **** management isn't the Arsenal I loved. Like the big man said, football is an art and I prefer watching players with natural flair, not stat padders who suck the life out of the beautiful game.

I get it if you're talking about Ronaldinho, but Pepe is not on that level. What is so creative about his chaotic style of play?

Eden Hazard at his best for Chelsea was a joy to watch. Incredible technique, close control, first touch, ball-retention and passing ability.

Those players make quick decisions and can beat a player just with one slick touch. That is way more fun to watch than whatever Pepe brings to the table. He has a chaotic factor to his style that is close to Sanogo at times.

I am not a big fan of Arteta and really think we should have gone for a more proven and experienced manager, one of the younger ones, not the Mourinhos and Ancelotti's of the world. Arteta is basically a rookie manager and everyone in the media keeps trying to pretend like he is some genius prodigy.

ThePortugueseGunner

I really had a lot of expectation for Pépé. The thing is, like him or dislike him, it's factual that given the investment that was made, he still hasn't corresponded with goals, assists, or even just influence over the team.

He's still young, 25 years old, and I believe he has it in him. It's a matter of mentality, because the quality is all there. It's not the player's fault when a club spends so much on him, but the sad truth is that they have to live up to it, or the deal will be considered ruinous.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I really had a lot of expectation for Pépé. The thing is, like him or dislike him, it's factual that given the investment that was made, he still hasn't corresponded with goals, assists, or even just influence over the team.

He's still young, 25 years old, and I believe he has it in him. It's a matter of mentality, because the quality is all there. It's not the player's fault when a club spends so much on him, but the sad truth is that they have to live up to it, or the deal will be considered ruinous.
Isn’t he out third most effective player as far as goals and assists after Auba and Laca? Or has Saka already overtaken him?

I think he’s done well, despite the obviously massive fee paid and I get the expectations that come from it.

it just feels like he was once again on the cusp of hitting that form that we all want to him hit and he gets dropped.

mpower2540

Despite his recent resurgence, he's only started 2 of the last 8 games. Seems to me he's not actually being rewarded.
How many games has he actually started in a row for us? What's worse is I actually think he's 3rd choice left midfielder behind Willian and ESR right now. 2nd choice RW but Saka has that nailed down.

Even in his brief cameo yesterday he looked really sharp and we've got him sat on the bench, I just don't get it at all.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How many games has he actually started in a row for us? What's worse is I actually think he's 3rd choice left midfielder behind Willian and ESR right now. 2nd choice RW but Saka has that nailed down.

Even in his brief cameo yesterday he looked really sharp and we've got him sat on the bench, I just don't get it at all.

I am going to whisper this. *Pepe is our most in form winger* and yes that includes Saka currently.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
2nd choice RW but Saka has that nailed down.
Saka was very poor in the last 2 games (for his high standards) and we shouldn't look at it like he has nailed anything down. If he has a bad spell, he should take a break for a game or two

mpower2540

I am going to whisper this. *Pepe is our most in form winger* and yes that includes Saka currently.
Hard to say, I love Saka, he has everything in his locker. Hit a bit of a lull in his last two games but if the manager was picking between him and Pepe then I'd have no problem with going with Saka. What I do have a problem with is picking players that have far less than what Pepe (particularly an in-form Pepe) can offer us.

He's actually a very intelligent player if you give him the tools to succeed, he can do it all, spot a pass, and execute it, even his weight of pass is usually spot on. Oh he can also shoot and create danger 1 on 1, any manager worth his salt should be looking at him and thinking how do I get this guy in the side and flourishing but we seem to be doing everything to marginalize him.

He's not perfect and he can have some scruffy moments but jesus he's one of our most effective players when used correctly

mpower2540

Saka was very poor in the last 2 games (for his high standards) and we shouldn't look at it like he has nailed anything down. If he has a bad spell, he should take a break for a game or two
I meant more that he has that nailed down if he's fit in Arteta's eyes. If he's poor then yes you take him out, Saka isn't my worry at all from our wide options though, I want him and Pepe on the pitch at the same time. They both can play left or right as far as I'm concerned.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Isn’t he out third most effective player as far as goals and assists after Auba and Laca? Or has Saka already overtaken him?

I think he’s done well, despite the obviously massive fee paid and I get the expectations that come from it.

it just feels like he was once again on the cusp of hitting that form that we all want to him hit and he gets dropped.
Strangely he’s still second in all comps (after Leicester). Saka still hasn’t over taken him no.

ThePortugueseGunner

Don't get me wrong, I like Pépé, and if I was in charge, he'd probably start. The thing is, when you pay that much money for a player, he has to have some elite contribution.

Maybe he is, indeed, being sabotaged by Arteta. I wouldn't start him over Saka right now, but I would have him higher in the hierarchy than Willian, that's for sure.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Don't get me wrong, I like Pépé, and if I was in charge, he'd probably start. The thing is, when you pay that much money for a player, he has to have some elite contribution.

Maybe he is, indeed, being sabotaged by Arteta. I wouldn't start him over Saka right now, but I would have him higher in the hierarchy than Willian, that's for sure.

Our best team has him and Saka + Auba with Rowe or even Ode behind.

GunnerShy

Actually, once he is in the squad it is irrelevant what you paid for him. You just need to pick your best team. Of which he is clearly in on current form (when allowed to show it).

You can ask if we got value for the price, but that is irrelevant to the point of playing your best team.

As for "Saka is the RW". It's been noted that Saka has been quiet the last few games. There's no harm in resting him or putting him back on the left to link up with Tierney. He is so versatile that there is no point trying to nail him to one wing yet.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
In the last few games he has looked like a decent player. Not a 72m player but a decent, effective player nonetheless. So yeah could use more starts now days I suppose

Moah

I get it if you're talking about Ronaldinho, but Pepe is not on that level. What is so creative about his chaotic style of play?

Eden Hazard at his best for Chelsea was a joy to watch. Incredible technique, close control, first touch, ball-retention and passing ability.

Those players make quick decisions and can beat a player just with one slick touch. That is way more fun to watch than whatever Pepe brings to the table. He has a chaotic factor to his style that is close to Sanogo at times.

I am not a big fan of Arteta and really think we should have gone for a more proven and experienced manager, one of the younger ones, not the Mourinhos and Ancelotti's of the world. Arteta is basically a rookie manager and everyone in the media keeps trying to pretend like he is some genius prodigy.
Yeah he may not be the world's best at that but he is head and shoulders above any player in our team in that aspect. The style you call chaotic is the only lively thing in this dead football we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom