• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Confidence went gone again and he didn't even try to dribble today, was very anonymous by his standards.
Shall we call the samaritans for him again? What is it with this obsession with players' confidence and mental wellbeing just because they dont start every game?

It was a controlled cameo. He came on and done a good job for someone jacked up on antidepressants.... Supplied the pass for the pen and job done. We move on.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Don't know too many wingers better than him other than some guys that are either too expensive or wouldn't even think about coming to Arsenal.
The only way I see it we sell him and reinvest it in Ødegaard. We know already MO works well for us, some other options could turn out to be risky business which we can't afford
Yeah it's clear he's not going to work here no matter what he does. Expecting him to perform with the little he's given being pulled in and out all the time just isn't realistic, don't care who you are.

Not sure why people feel entitled to expect a certain level of performance under such conditions, they must not watch much football outside of Arsenal :lol:

He's been here 2 years and can't get in the team whether he scores 2 free kicks in the same match or puts in a MOTM performance. Getting what we can for him and getting Ødegaard would make a lot of sense.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Expecting him to perform with the little he's given being pulled in and out all the time just isn't realistic, don't care who you are.

Not sure why people feel entitled to expect a certain level of performance under such conditions, they must not watch much football outside of Arsenal :lol:
But he clearly is performing under those conditions. How would watching football from all over the world put you in a better position to see how Pepe is handling his situation at Arsenal?

I know it goes against your baseless assumption that he needs 20 successive games to get up to speed and build his oh so fragile confidence, but just carrying on with this delusional take on Pepe is only making sense to you at this point, as his performances clearly aren't suffering.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Have to give him credit for his pass to get the penalty. But he should’ve taken Daugherty on more. Didnt beat him once. Would expect a lot more from Pepe in that match up.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Confidence went gone again and he didn't even try to dribble today, was very anonymous by his standards. Match winning assist, although it won't be given, but a 3 yards pass from Willian will definitely count as one. :lol: At the end of the season, AM brainiacs will tell me everything about the statistics when they compare Willian to Pepe and how Willian ended up with more
If he had no confidence then he would not of attempted that beauty of a pass to laca for the pen. Complete and utter nonsense you talk.

Moah

Have to give him credit for his pass to get the penalty. But he should’ve taken Daugherty on more. Didnt beat him once. Would expect a lot more from Pepe in that match up.
They were not on the same side, he was up against Reguilon but you are right, he should have taken him more.

But I think he was instructed to play it safe and our right side was basically ignored the entire second half.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Pepe is such a weird player, could fall over his own feet one minute and nutmeg the corner flag the next. This pass just comes out of nowhere, what kinda madman makes a pass like this! It's not even really a pass, it's more of a shot that's gone to a player instead of the goal.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
How's he meant to be taking on Doherty from the other side of the pitch?
I think he meant regulion who was also on a yellow. I expected pepe to trouble him and get him a red but instead Lamela got it while pepe didn't trouble regulion much. Great pass for the pen though. Deserved an assist but Laca :confused:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Played a great pass for the penalty & did the basics.

Honestly I've seen the word confidence in this thread more than anywhere else in my life😆
I remember a time when we used to worry about injuries... Now it’s whether players are on **** watch. We know it’s simply a way of getting your excuses in early anyway.

These people talk about understanding football without realising that footballers have been chopped, changed and dropped countless times since they learned to kick a ball. Building that strength of character along the way is how they got to where they are now. Anyway I’m off to watch some J. League to learn more about it

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That pass was worth a goal itself. Ridiculous. He’s got unreal faith that in that left foot. Would have been assist of the season so far had it been tucked away.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
They were not on the same side, he was up against Reguilon but you are right, he should have taken him more.

But I think he was instructed to play it safe and our right side was basically ignored the entire second half.
How's he meant to be taking on Doherty from the other side of the pitch?
I could’ve sworn there were a couple of occasions where Pepe ended up being defended by Doherty and did nothing both times. He’s much bigger than Reguilon. I admit though that I got what side Doherty and Reguilon were on though. Lol Maybe I got Doherty mixed up with Alderweireld? Lol

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I remember a time when we used to worry about injuries... Now it’s whether players are on **** watch. We know it’s simply a way of getting your excuses in early anyway.
Think you are mixing depression with confidence, two very different things. You wouldn't believe it, but they are humans after all and can get affected by both.

You are right though, we are probably overreacting with the confidence thing, he did play well, I just thought that he was in a couple of situations where he would usually try to dribble or get a shot on his left, but just passed it back, which would make me think that he didn't feel confident (not depressed) enough to take players on

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Pepe is such a weird player, could fall over his own feet one minute and nutmeg the corner flag the next. This pass just comes out of nowhere, what kinda madman makes a pass like this! It's not even really a pass, it's more of a shot that's gone to a player instead of the goal.

This was Özil's vision and direction in that pass, the power of the pass needed to be like that or it would be intercepted otherwise.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Think you are mixing depression with confidence, two very different things. You wouldn't believe it, but they are humans after all and can get affected by both.

You are right though, we are probably overreacting with the confidence thing, he did play well, I just thought that he was in a couple of situations where he would usually try to dribble or get a shot on his left, but just passed it back, which would make me think that he didn't feel confident (not depressed) enough to take players on
At the same time, I don’t want to understate the effect that confidence can have on a player. If they feel good on the pitch then they play good. It’s just that sometimes I feel that we underestimate the mental fortitude of these players. They are in the tiniest percentage of footballers who ‘made it’ and that takes more than talent alone.

I think he’s doing just fine and is relishing the chances he gets. I would much rather see him starting games right now but it’s a good problem to have as long as we are getting decent results. I refuse to believe there isn’t a role for him here and I think yesterday he showed that in abundance with one swing of his leg.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
What a phenomenal pass for the Laca pen. Was hoping he'd rip into them on the counter as they pressed for an equalizer but it all somehow turned into a last ditch defensive stand from the Alamo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom