• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He worked very hard, fair play. Lacked quality in crucial moments tonight, I still have faith tho!

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
In b4 Tir Na Mug comes in here talking ****.

Wasn’t a great performance but still stood out, amongst his peers and has gone from not looking fit enough to being one of the hardest working players we have.

Really like the link up with Ødegaard, a shame we won’t see it often and still would have had a quality goal if not for some freak bad luck. Off to go for a run now.

Kind regards,
Pepe Fan Club.
Kudos for not spamming the word 'confidence'

mirrorstare

He took a bad decision committing to Artetaball, now he looks quite pedestrian attacking.

He should look at what Auba has been turned into, and avoid it at all costs.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Put on a proper sh it show tonight. Don’t think he could play as bad again if he tried.
Yeah, just when I thought he was starting to show some form and become a decent player for us, there's this. Looked like the shocking Pepe of old, really can't complain about Arteta not playing him continuously when he puts in performances like this..

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah, just when I thought he was starting to show some form and become a decent player for us, there's this. Looked like the shocking Pepe of old, really can't complain about Arteta not playing him continuously when he puts in performances like this..
OK, let's say it like that.

If that's the case, does Arteta drops ESR and Auba who both had shockers today? Some of you guys want to see some standards, but only if they apply to some players that people dislike here.
I'm all fine with dropping him for this performance, but let's do it for others as well then

Finesse

Reading the comments on here its is clear why he will have to work harder to get that spot off Saka. These are the games when he should give the Manager a proper headache. He had the space and time to score or have an assist at least. It all came down to the final decision making and execution. He was unlucky for the ESR block though.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
OK, let's say it like that.

If that's the case, does Arteta drops ESR and Auba who both had shockers today? Some of you guys want to see some standards, but only if they apply to some players that people dislike here.
I'm all fine with dropping him for this performance, but let's do it for others as well then

Nah, that's not logical. Auba and Pepe are players with very different performance records for this club, with very different competitions for their places. If it were Willian who put in this performance (a player in a similar position to Pepe, competing for a place in the front 3 behind the striker), we'd all agree he shouldn't start the next game.

You're right ESR didn't have a great game either, but then he was fantastic in the NLD just 4 days ago. But yeah, I wouldn't be totally against Arteta going with Martinelli/Willian/Pepe in place of ESR on Sunday. Pepe should've put in a better claim for a start in his place on Sunday, though, given his performance it's hard to see the logic of starting him over a) our MotM in the NLD or b) both Willian and Martinelli.

He’s clearly a rhythm player. What he’s shown is when he’s given a few starts in a row he begins to deliver. Too bad he’s then hooked for no reason.

Ehh, these are excuses, IMO, the likes of which too many are made for Pepe. Does anyone use this argument with Cedric, Ceballos, Willian, Nelson, etc.? Nah. If ESR had come in and hadn't made a difference (kinda like Willock when he had his chance) would anyone be saying ahh it's cause they're confidence players, can't judge them until they get their confidence going?

For a player who's now in well into his 3rd season with the club it's amazing how willing people are to make excuses for him.

Last edited:

Kysus

So he gets benched all the time and then when he gets to play he has to combine with Ceballos, Bellerin and Elneny.
**** man, really feeling for this poor lad.

Finesse

So he gets benched all the time and then when he gets to play he has to combine with Ceballos, Bellerin and Elneny.
**** man, really feeling for this poor lad.

That is exactly how Saka started and got a spot in the team. That is how ESR got into the team. He started against Chelsea with ElNenny , Bellerin and Xhaka in the team. MO just been here a few months and looks like an old head. You have to take your chances especially when you are in the decisive moment in front of goal or assist. Yes in build up play you may want better players around him , but when it comes to an assist like today for Auba or the chances fluffed , you cannot blame players around him. It is him and the ball and a decision and execution. I really want it to work for him and see that electric player who led the line for Lille in Ligue 1 again.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Nah, that's not logical. Auba and Pepe are players with very different performance records for this club
First, you say Arteta should drop Pepe because of his performance, but now, Auba shouldn't be dropped with even worse performances and you will just ignore your own argument for dropping Pepe, and you bring logic into that :lol:
If you wanna have a dumb discussion where you override your own arguments, please, drop logic if that's the case.

This forum just keeps giving, LOVE IT! :lol:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
First, you say Arteta should drop Pepe because of his performance, but now, Auba shouldn't be dropped with even worse performances and you will just ignore your own argument for dropping Pepe, and you bring logic into that :lol:
If you wanna have a dumb discussion where you override your own arguments, please, drop logic if that's the case.

This forum just keeps giving, LOVE IT! :lol:

Nah, that's not logical. Auba and Pepe are players with very different performance records for this club, with very different competitions for their places. If it were Willian who put in this performance (a player in a similar position to Pepe, competing for a place in the front 3 behind the striker), we'd all agree he shouldn't start the next game.

You're right ESR didn't have a great game either, but then he was fantastic in the NLD just 4 days ago. But yeah, I wouldn't be totally against Arteta going with Martinelli/Willian/Pepe in place of ESR on Sunday. Pepe should've put in a better claim for a start in his place on Sunday, though, given his performance it's hard to see the logic of starting him over a) our MotM in the NLD or b) both Willian and Martinelli.

I think you've read wrong, mate. There is no 'overriding of arguments' here.

Kysus

That is exactly how Saka started and got a spot in the team. That is how ESR got into the team. He started against Chelsea with ElNenny , Bellerin and Xhaka in the team. MO just been here a few months and looks like an old head. You have to take your chances especially when you are in the decisive moment in front of goal or assist. Yes in build up play you may want better players around him , but when it comes to an assist like today for Auba or the chances fluffed , you cannot blame players around him. It is him and the ball and a decision and execution. I really want it to work for him and see that electric player who led the line for Lille in Ligue 1 again.
He took his chance multiple times already with MOTM performances just to get benched the next game every single time.
Also he pretty much scored the only big chance he got today, not his fault a team-mate cleared that away.
Not like Auba who missed 3 sitters.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Ehh, these are excuses, IMO, the likes of which too many are made for Pepe. Does anyone use this argument with Cedric, Ceballos, Willian, Nelson, etc.? Nah. If ESR had come in and hadn't made a difference (kinda like Willock when he had his chance) would anyone be saying ahh it's cause they're confidence players, can't judge them until they get their confidence going?

For a player who's now in well into his 3rd season with the club it's amazing how willing people are to make excuses for him.
Observing that a player is a rhythm player isn’t an excuse. Those arguments would be made for those players too if they started producing after consistent minutes but they don’t soooo. Every time Pepe gets a few games back to back he looks a player

Melquiades

Yup, he'd got me back onside a bit with his recent performances but the amount of loose play, poor touches, and weak turnovers in this game from him was shocking. Was a bit better in the last 10 minutes but he was a boat anchor for the first 80. Needs to be so, so much better than this.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You are something else, at this point I think you’re just doing it to spite @Macho either that or you’ve genuinely lost your mind. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom