• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I missed the pool game and have been so busy recently so not too focused on what's happening with footy. Tbh I thought he might be injured when he wasnt starting. This is the kind of game where you play him, you know he'll see plenty of the ball and he's so fast things can happen, as they did with his goal. Very poor from Arteta to bring him and Auba on so late!

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
It goes to extremes in both directions.

He is actually not fun to watch, I find him frustrating even when I like the player. but the fact is that he offers 15 goals per season from a wide position if he plays full time.
The closest comparison would be Walcott who was just as frustrating as Pepe is (although in different ways), but he was able to add end product to our game which is also the biggest strength of Pepe. With both players, you have to accept their weaknesses and play them only for their end product.

Just as some other guys did, it's time for me to check out from this thread simply because the manager will never give him consistent game time to settle in this team. All the discussions are pointless because of that. Just by looking at all the support Willy gets from Arteta in every interview, even when he was rubbish throughout the season, makes me sick when you compare it to what's happening to Pepe. There is absolutely no interest from the club to make Pepe work

Walcott scored over a 100 goals for the club and even in games he scored, he was usually criticized a lot for his all-around play. I don't rate Arteta as a manager, still don't understand how a club of this stature chose a complete rookie to be the manager for their rebuild. I have nothing against Pepe, just noticed that some on this board always love bringing up Saka's name when trying to defend him. Like a 19 year old should have the same expectations as a 25 year old who was the most expensive transfer in club history. I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that Pepe is the second best finisher in the team after Auba.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Again he looked much better against tired legs he gave horrible time against thier LB. Well taken goal

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Always seems to get blocked of being the key difference maker after scoring a key goal.
Not blocked really he look much better as sub than starter against westham and today against Liverpool he was dreadful against Olympiakos at home was dreadful too when he started.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Not blocked really he look much better as sub than starter against westham and today against Liverpool he was dreadful against Olympiakos at home was dreadful too when he started.
I don't mean blocked by Arteta with this one, although I do think he hasn't managed him correctly this season. I mean with bad luck. He scores a worldy vs Brighton and the defence bottle it. Scores a beautoful classic FA cup final goal and its just offside. Scores vs Soton then makes a stupid error. Today he scores a lovely goal and we concede to take the gloss off his performance yet again. He needs some consistent confidence and a bit of luck to push him and he doesnt get it really.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I don't mean blocked by Arteta with this one, although I do think he hasn't managed him correctly this season. I mean with bad luck. He scores a worldy vs Brighton and the defence bottle it. Scores a beautoful classic FA cup final goal and its just offside. Scores vs Soton then makes a stupid error. Today he scores a lovely goal and we concede to take the gloss off his performance yet again. He needs some consistent confidence and a bit of luck to push him and he doesnt get it really.
The problem with Pepe its good or dreadful there no between there is very talented player in there but Arsenal you really need to deliver him and Cedric of all people work well together.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The problem with Pepe its good or dreadful there no between there is very talented player in there but Arsenal you really need to deliver him and Cedric of all people work well together.
Yes I just said on my group chat that I would like Pepe left wing if Ødegaard doesn't make the second leg (and ESR therefore plays no.10). He plays well with an inverted fullback (Cedric at LB) when hes on the left wing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Great individual goal against Wolves as well before the ref took matters into his own hands.

GunnerShy

Wouldn't mind seeing my boy playing at CF at some point either. Far better aerially for the first ball. Link up play as good as Lacas. Can finish and can outrun a snail....

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think perhaps my expectations were just too high, but it's clear when he's on a football pitch he just makes things happen which most of our other attackers do not. Ideally you fit Saka, Ødegaard and Pepe into the team with Auba/Gabi up top. There's too much fire power there not to do serious damage.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I think perhaps my expectations were just too high, but it's clear when he's on a football pitch he just makes things happen which most of our other attackers do not. Ideally you fit Saka, Ödegaard and Pepe into the team with Auba/Gabi up top. There's too much fire power there not to do serious damage.

> he just makes things happen which most of our other attackers do not.

> There's too much fire power there not to do serious damage.

Choose one. They are mutually exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom