• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The Salah comparisons are awful. Salqh is supremely direct in everything that he does. Pepe is slow and laboured.

I like Pepe a lot, but he is a playmaker on the wing. When he first joined, I was expecting a lacey, direct runner.
wide forwards rather than traditional wingers ✅
Pacey ✅
High risk high reward play style ✅
Productive but not easy on the eye ✅
Dangerous in the final third, not so much in the middle third✅
Inconsistent technique ✅
Left footed ✅
African ✅

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Pacey ✅
Inconsistent technique ✅
Left footed ✅
African ✅
I thought you were describing Gervinho until you put left footed.

Iceman10

Established Member
@Iceman10 learn how to read for understanding and not just to comment.

The Salah comments that I have read pertain to playing styles, not ability as you suggest or how they've been treated by their manager.

ok, I apologise, *my* comment yesterday was about Salah being managed by someone like Mourinho, and I thought you were going at me. Didn’t know about comments in here like that one earlier in the week.

Iceman10

Established Member
Pacey ✅
Inconsistent technique ✅
Left footed ✅
African ✅

For the record, I side with this kind of comment anyway. It isn’t really a comparison in terms of ability. It is more about how they are managed and also to some extent patience from fans also, esp. fans in the stadium, although I do think Pepe is beyond the worst anyway and it is somewhat fortuitous in his case there were no fans in the stadium this season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I do think that being surrounded by ESR, Saka, Ödegaard etc helps Pepe out to show his best form and he should get more opportunities to start with those guys based on the form he's shown the past couple of months.

This is the thing for me, it's clear that Pepe is putting in a lot of effort to try and improve aspects of his game that are weaker.

That gives him quite a lot of leeway to me. Plus his recent performances have generally been somewhere between decent and good.

Next season I think he really needs to show some real top form though. I'm not overly concerned with how his general play is or how many times he loses the ball. I want him to push on in producing end product. Rack those goals and assists up.

I know some people have been a bit critical of him for being shot happy but if anything I want him to be more greedy. He's one of the best strikers of a ball at the club, he should deploy that more often i feel.
It took @Blood on the Tracks a while but he finally gets it.

I'm being a patronising prick but still, he's obviously far from perfect but I'm glad we can see what's been mentioned above. I agree though, next season is important for him.

It was supposed to be this season but the whole team hasn't been great. Individually he didn't quite have the trajectory I wanted as he's had to battle to get in the side (rightfully so as far as Saka is concerned), but atleast there is a clear trajectory to speak of.

D

Dial Square 1886

Big day for the lad.

Hope he can rise to the occasion and convince people like me that he deserves another season at least!!

Moah

We own this place now. ;)

Premier League Football GIF by BT Sport

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Thrilling player, not perfect by any means but he should've been given the minutes this season to develop.

Ahh well, better late than never.

Second most appearances out of the entire squad.

I much prefer him on the left, he's a different animal because he's so unpredictable from the left. From the right you know he's going to cut in. From the left you don't actually know.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Second most appearances out of the entire squad.

I much prefer him on the left, he's a different animal because he's so unpredictable from the left. From the right you know he's going to cut in. From the left you don't actually know.

Is that so? I'd have to check that out.

Even if that's the case, if we didn't get Willian (a player you strongly endorsed I should add) and if Pepe was starting from the beginning of the season he'd probably have come into form much earlier.

But anyway, he's playing well now and producing.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Great game today. He has been proving me wrong in the last few months. Still probably not the WC player I had hoped for but I'm happy he is doing well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom