• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Think a front 4 with Pepe, ESR and Saka with Laca/Auba on top looks pretty good. Then we can use Martinelli and Ødegaard for rotation. That isn't a bad group of players. We can even rotate in Willian once in a while when we are ahead. Thinking about it I am not sure Ødegaard is that needed. Wouldn't like us to pay over the top for him. Another CM player to rotate Xhaka and Partey is more needed. That and another LB option.

DasBootist

Think a front 4 with Pepe, ESR and Saka with Laca/Auba on top looks pretty good. Then we can use Martinelli and Ödegaard for rotation. That isn't a bad group of players. We can even rotate in Willian once in a while when we are ahead. Thinking about it I am not sure Ödegaard is that needed. Wouldn't like us to pay over the top for him. Another CM player to rotate Xhaka and Partey is more needed. That and another LB option.
Need another attacking midfielder/playmaker to ease the burden from Saka/ESR, as Willian is not the answer.

mpower2540

Seems to me he’s the type of player that needs to be constantly kept on his toes. Arteta pretty much threw him to the wolves after the Leeds game and he responded with a motm performance in his next game in the EL. Every time he’s been dropped he tends to come on and make an impact.

He just needs to play and I hope the penny has dropped for the manager finally. Alongside the better players who he can link with he’s excellent.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Seems to me he’s the type of player that needs to be constantly kept on his toes.
You might be on to something there. Pepe seems to react pretty fine to being pushed. While many here have been sweating Arteta's man management of Pepe, the player himself seems to have been fine with it. From his performances and the way he looks he seems in an okay mood. I for one love the guy. Just a different player and one I think still has more upside to show once he adjusts fully to moving to the PL.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Need another attacking midfielder/playmaker to ease the burden from Saka/ESR, as Willian is not the answer.
You are probably right there, but maybe Saka can fill that spot also on a rotational basis. It's not like I wouldn't want another playmaker type player but in the scheme of things I'd rather see ESR developed. I just don't want us to break the bank for Ødegaard based on such a short loan spell and so few good games. And I rate Ødegaard, don't get me wrong. I just feel DM and LB are more pressing needs as we have little cover there although Chambers can fill in at DM I believe.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Arteta talks to much rubbish and doesn’t get called out on it. This seems to be the same press conference where he spoke about doing the best for Martinelli and Balogun even though his actions are anything but that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Everyone agrees with this point. Its the fact that Arteta doesn't hold the rest of the players to the same standards that upsets me.

He had a goal and an assist last game, is he going to be required to do the same every game? Because is impossible to keep performing like that and he will need backing when he struggles as we have now seen what he capable of.
Arteta talks about Willian like he’s a youth player with potential and takes this hard stance with Pepe it’s very weird :lol:

One is a winger who has been in the league for years and was specifically requested - already has friends at the club within the squad and at executive level.

The other is a winger from France that nobody wanted and has had a mountain to climb since the day he arrived. Very strange and partially why Arteta just rubs me the wrong way.

Pepe is shining despite everything from the price tag to both his managers not rating him - and it probably annoys him. Just say he’s playing well and move on, there’s always an asterisk or a threat of not being in the team it’s bs.

mirrorstare

Pepe seems to react pretty fine to being pushed.

*being played

There's no mystery to it, never has been. The real problem is that when it comes to improving the team even this userbase keeps getting things right before the manager does. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up kicking up another level when he finally caves in and gives Martinelli a run at CF at this point.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Am I missing something here? It reads to me that Arteta is bigging Pepe up.

I think we have to remember that different players are motivated in different ways. Not every player reacts best to the manager putting their arm around them and telling them how great they are.

Maybe Pepe's one of those that sort of thrives on having a point to prove. If that's the case it makes me like him more!

Obviously we're all on the outside and don't really know what goes on at training or in private conversations between Pepe and Arteta but I do feel that Arteta is invested in helping to make Pepe a better player and Pepe seems to be quite happy with his relationship with Arteta. So I'm not really sure what the issue is.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You’d think people would ease up on Arteta when it comes to Pepe. His handling of him has been nothing short of sublime. Who else has got Pepe to where he is now, from where he was?

Take a few sentences, twist them to suit a boring old narrative and voila! Mikel’s a **** again!

He’s contributed every time he’s got a chance recently, is that not enough for some of you? You want to see Mikel change the tune that got Pepe to where he is?

If you want to see a man with his tongue lodged up another man, click on the other tab. If you want to see how a manager eeks out consistent performances from a guy who rarely put two halves together not long ago, stay tuned 🤫

GDeep™

League is very weak
You’d think people would ease up on Arteta when it comes to Pepe. His handling of him has been nothing short of sublime. Who else has got Pepe to where he is now, from where he was?

Take a few sentences, twist them to suit a boring old narrative and voila! Mikel’s a **** again!

He’s contributed every time he’s got a chance recently, is that not enough for some of you? You want to see Mikel change the tune that got Pepe to where he is?

If you want to see a man with his tongue lodged up another man, click on the other tab. If you want to see how a manager eeks out consistent performances from a guy who rarely put two halves together not long ago, stay tuned 🤫
When is Arteta going to have this impact on your boy Willian? Never mind 1 half, Willian has barely put a good 20 minutes in.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
When is Arteta going to have this impact on your boy Willian? Never mind 1 half, Willian has barely put a good 20 minutes in.
Come off it, that’s old bollocks now. Willian is playing well every time he gets a chance lately. You must be stuck in a time warp. Merry Xmas!

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Am I missing something here? It reads to me that Arteta is bigging Pepe up.

I think we have to remember that different players are motivated in different ways. Not every player reacts best to the manager putting their arm around them and telling them how great they are.

Maybe Pepe's one of those that sort of thrives on having a point to prove. If that's the case it makes me like him more!

Obviously we're all on the outside and don't really know what goes on at training or in private conversations between Pepe and Arteta but I do feel that Arteta is invested in helping to make Pepe a better player and Pepe seems to be quite happy with his relationship with Arteta. So I'm not really sure what the issue is.
I hadn’t read this post before I posted mine, and you’ve included all the stuff I wanted to say before the red mist descended! As you say, what’s the fuss about now?!! Can’t clobber Mikel fir destroying him because he’s playing out of skin, so let’s wait until he speaks about him and then draw every negative imaginable out of it 🤣🤣👍🏼

GDeep™

League is very weak
Come off it, that’s old bollocks now. Willian is playing well every time he gets a chance lately. You must be stuck in a time warp. Merry Xmas!
Playing so well that he doesn’t even get starts? Do you think he’ll even score this season?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I hadn’t read this post before I posted mine, and you’ve included all the stuff I wanted to say before the red mist descended! As you say, what’s the fuss about now?!! Can’t clobber Mikel fir destroying him because he’s playing out of skin, so let’s wait until he speaks about him and then draw every negative imaginable out of it 🤣🤣👍🏼

It's a bit odd I must say. There's a level of paranoia around Pepe that you don't really see with any other Arsenal player.

The manager, fans and media are out to get him and if any of them say anything positive about Pepe it must be a covertly back handed put down :lol:

Pepe's playing well, maybe his best spell since he's been here. If they don't want to give the manager any credit for his more consistent form, I don't agree, but fair enough. But Arteta's clearly not having a negative impact on Pepe based on his form.

I don't see why we can't just be happy that Pepe's playing well instead of using him as a pawn in a proxy war over whether Arteta is a good manager or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom