• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
All I know is when Pepe played Pulisic in a cup final...one man left with the cup, while another left in tears.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I like him on the left, not so much on the right.

He's weird because when he does his check-back thing he can't keep his balance properly and often loses the ball to the defender he's attempting to beat.

As he's not a dribble/step over type of player, he's therefore not that effective when squaring up a defender.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

He's weird because when he does his check-back thing he can't keep his balance properly and often loses the ball to the defender he's attempting to beat.

As he's not a dribble/step over type of player, he's therefore not that effective when squaring up a defender.

Huh? If Pepe isn't a dribble/step over type player then I don't know who is :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

I actually don't fancy him on the left, he is the guy who should make more shots, and it's harder to do so from the left.

I don't care about pointless crosses Arteta is forcing there, we don't have forwards who would convert them, and we don't have numbers in the box either.

I feel like he should be closer to the goal instead of being so wide, but hey, Arteta is an expert, not me

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I actually don't fancy him on the left, he is the guy who should make more shots, and it's harder to do so from the left.

I don't care about pointless crosses Arteta is forcing there, we don't have forwards who would convert them, and we don't have numbers in the box either.

I feel like he should be closer to the goal instead of being so wide, but hey, Arteta is an expert, not me

He's been a lot better on the left. Scored more and assisted more.

The issue with Pepe on the right is he's predictable, he can't really cross with his right foot. On the left he's a million times more unpredictable. He can actually shoot fairly well on his right foot as well, just makes more sense for him to play there.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Agree with that. But he can get close to the box and be dangerous from the left or right.

Just keep him narrow when running into passes - none of this Artetaball crossing horse ****.

I think we need a technically gifted CF to play guys like Pepe and Saka in on goal properly - a bit like JVP with Walcott next to him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Pulisic is three times the player Poopee is. You're kidding yourself if you even think it's close. Unbelievable business from Lille to get 100m for Gabriel and the Ivorian Bolasie.
Can always trust this thread to provide me with something to laugh at. 🤣

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We were right about Pepe not being the trash player that 99% of the fanbase thought he was (even though Arteta tried his best to bury him) and we’ll be right about him being better on the right than the left.

He’s been a RW his whole career and and that’s the position from which he can actually use his goal scoring ability. Saka makes things trickier but our next coach will figure out that Saka is more of a playmaker and Pepe is more of a goal scorer, you want the better goal scorer being able to cut in on his strong foot.

UnbiasedNeutral

If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello"
Pepe is a good goal scorer? Now I've heard it all... scoring 20 penalties in a season doesn't make you a good goalscorer. He's the only player who managed to look average on Youtube highlights. No wonder nobody else wanted him for that fee.

Moah

Pepe is a good goal scorer? Now I've heard it all... scoring 20 penalties in a season doesn't make you a good goalscorer. He's the only player who managed to look average on Youtube highlights. No wonder nobody else wanted him for that fee.
Every half decent poster has been wiping the floor with you every thread you post on, you don't need this.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Needs a manager who plays him for least 5 games straight. Until then his confidence will come and go. Not hard to work out. He is a arm around the shoulder player.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Wasn't he crap under Emery too? I get the want for your 70m player to be good, but he's gash.
Half a season under muddled tactics from a inept manager? Emery did not want him so what did he care about developing him.

He has been good this season but dropped for no reason after being good for at least 3 or 4 games in a row on two occasions Better on the left. No faith in him from mikel. Crap man management

UnbiasedNeutral

If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello"
Half a season under muddled tactics from a inept manager? Emery did not want him so what did he care about developing him.

He has been good this season but dropped for no reason after being good for at least 3 or 4 games in a row on two occasions Better on the left. No faith in him from mikel. Crap man management

Maybe when he's crap under a third manager you might realise it's because he's crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom