• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He was our best player today even at 1st half he was was making run trying i like what I'm seeing he is more serious than last season

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Jesus, that's a stretch mate, but Pepe definitely deserves kudos for taking the ball under the immense pressure and burying it.

I mean from a mental side...the more time you have to think about a shot, the worse it can be...that's why I rate pens, shows you have bottle.

Hate it when players say "they aren't proper goals", they are just **** scared of missing one in front of thousands upon thousands of people..as I said, cowards :lol:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He was the one player we had tonight who was really fighting for the shirt. Deserved his goal.

D

Dial Square 1886

Still ****e at the end of the day.

But that is the level we are at now.

Sure he can do a job for another season if that is the only option though.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I mean from a mental side...the more time you have to think about a shot, the worse it can be...that's why I rate pens, shows you have bottle.

Hate it when players say "they aren't proper goals", they are just **** scared of missing one in front of thousands upon thousands of people..as I said, cowards :lol:

Hmm I'll agree that they aren't easy, but they shouldn't be the hardest for a professional footballer.

For illustration I tried to find some conversion rates; this is the easiest I could find without much effort:

New Picture.jpg

So in the 19/20 season, combined for the "top four" leagues, the penalty conversion rates were above 80% both before and after the lockdown.

An 80% shot at a goal? You'd say almost certain right?

I still think Pepe's goal given the circumstances was admirable.

But I can't agree that it's the hardest type of goal to score, even mentally. That doesn't mean it's not difficult though and as always it's just my opinion.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Hmm I'll agree that they aren't easy, but they shouldn't be the hardest for a professional footballer.

For illustration I tried to find some conversion rates; this is the easiest I could find without much effort:

View attachment 2740

So in the 19/20 season, combined for the "top four" leagues, the penalty conversion rates were above 80% both before and after the lockdown.

An 80% shot at a goal? You'd say almost certain right?

I still think Pepe's goal given the circumstances was admirable.

But I can't agree that it's the hardest type of goal to score, even mentally. That doesn't mean it's not difficult though and as always it's just my opinion.
Bear in mind that the best penalty takers at the club are usually responsible for those penalties then it makes sense that the conversion rates are high.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Bear in mind that the best penalty takers at the club are usually responsible for those penalties then it makes sense that the conversion rates are high.

Yeah that's a fair point, you imagine if a guy like Gervinho was taking penalties every week then the whole average across the top four leagues drops by 10 - 20 % ;)

mirrorstare

Risky penalty but whatever

Still our only attacker that looks like he can come up with something interesting, even if Foyth had plenty of fun with him. His ridiculous playacting ended up being vital for us, no Capoue is a huge setback for them.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Still ****e at the end of the day.

But that is the level we are at now.

Sure he can do a job for another season if that is the only option though.
Mbappe barely touched the ball against City, is he ****e as well or do we just accept that forwards very often depend on the structure and the control behind them?

Not even pretending that he was doing something today, but when you look at the passing from our defenders and midfielders, I wouldn't even try to analyze his game or any other forward who was playing today

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Always commenting on my sh*t. I'd read Jury's posts if I wanted your opinion pipe down.
Well you like putting people on ignore so just do that then. Half the comments in this thread is you whining so it’s obvious you're gonna get some replies.

& fyi, I avoid enough of your impotent rage posts anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom