• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Look at the guys who ran in here to criticise Pepe though, it's literally all the Arteta arse wipers who can't take the embarrassment of an Emery pasting and desperate for someone to blame.

You and Abou somehow trying to put it on me when there isn't one player thread I've gone into blame for the result, cause the whole team wasn't great. Moah is spot on.

Woaaahh hold on, you responded to my initial comment, I didn't mention you once, so let's not act like people are singling you out lmao.

"Arteta arse wipers". From what I've seen, the majority of people here have now accepted that the manager should go, you love just glossing over this point. You do this because you either lack basic comprehensive skills, which I'm almost certain you don't, or you find value in spinning what people have to say to help support your own argument.

I will just say this one more time, Arteta has failed and he should go. But does that make Pepe's performances in an Arsenal shirt acceptable? NO. People have certain expectations and standards for the guy that he hasn't met. I accept you think he is the reincarnation of Gareth Bale (see how easy it is to be disingenuous), more power to you, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Now I'm done going around in circles with you.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

But does that make Pepe's performances in an Arsenal shirt acceptable? NO.
You don't decide this, especially as you rate Arteta so it's possible that you don't know what you're on about. For me, he's been one of our better attackers for the past couple months.

He didn't have a good game yesterday but nobody did, so people saying sell him straight after fulltime was just bullocks really but whatever. Agree to disagree.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
re: ESR and Saka, interesting that the poster who doesn't want to be addressed directly (🤷‍♂️) puts them in the negative category, when surely, if you are taking silver linings out of our season, you'd have to say Saka's progression from major talent to solidified, premium talent inverted winger with creative nous, along with ESR's breakthrough, have been the two silver linings of the season.

Before someone goes strawmanning, I am not saying those developments wouldn't have occurred under another manager, under superior options that I have suggested like Gallardo and Potter I am sure it would've, and probably with better numbers to boot, as a result of better team performance on the whole. But there is no guarantee we hire a better manager than Arteta--we could easily have put our foot in it and hired another piece of crap like Em*ry, in that hypothetical--so, having a bit of perspective, you have to at least give a bit of credit there, even begrudgingly. The fact is Saka has made an important progression under Arteta, and ESR has made a breakthrough and an important progression, so as much as we can deal in hypotheticals and think (as I do too) that under a superior manager those progressions might've been even bigger, the facts are the facts and we have to give a bit of credit where it's due, or at the very least not somehow make what is the one silver lining of the season out to be a negative, lol.

Either way, weird to pick those two in particular out as people Arteta has done a bad job with. After yesterday and the two legs of the tie, I am all for laying into his football and his work on the whole, and his holistic effect on the team, but it's still good to stay within reason and not give into that rabid dog mentality that has people going hyperbolic all the time, and turning the most tendentious reasonings (like the one's with Saliba, for example) into critiques.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The monkey did remind me of that "aim for the bushes" scene in The Other Guys, love that film.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Best of a bad bunch maybe but I thought he was our best attacking player last night. He worked really hard and looked like the only one who could maybe make something happen.

We have a lot bigger problems than Pepe in my opinion

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Exactly this. You are bringing up old grudges because you couldn't take the battering in your clown's thread.
I didn't bring up anything, lol. I came into this thread seeing @MikelHadADream make very valid points about the major contradiction of a certain poster, and added a few more points responding to the content in this thread. Anyways, paint it as you will, MikelHadADream is doing a fine job of satirising you guys' attempts to twist the narrative to paint over the cracks in what is a rather untenable and extremely contradictory position. 🤷‍♂️

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Let me ask a question.

You've missed the game yesterday and you see that the match actually ended 2-0 or even let's say 1-0.

If you'd looked at only the starting line up, I'd say it wouldn't be unfair to guess the scorer was likely:

1. Aubamayang
2. Pepe
3. Saka
4. ESR

In that order. In fact when you think of end product and goals specifically the first names that come to my mind are Aubameyang then Lacazette then it's Pepe for me when he's been given a run in the team.

Sure, look he ain't a 72 million pound player, not in any market.

BUT I just don't believe he's a failure or doesn't fit us. I think our whole attack has been largely dogsh*t, timid and lacklustre.

Put him in a flowing attack and he'd get a lot more goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom