• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Yes, I'm counting. Pepe bar his goal was very poor, can't croos, can't create, his dribbling were poor, lost a lot of balls, basically he has no idea how to play football period.
So he can't play football period? Wow, I take my hat off to him that he's made it this far in the game.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
So he can't play football period? Wow, I take my hat off to him that he's made it this far in the game.

Yes he scored a goal, but his dribbling was bad, can't cross the ball, can't see obvious pass options, lost a lot of possession and defensively he was a problem.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Think he would be a quality false 9, though Arteta probably wouldn't give him freedom that he would need in that role, but that's where I would try and develop him...think he would put up top numbers, if you get him close to goal.

No one will ever convince me he is fast though :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yes he scored a goal, but his dribbling was bad, can't cross the ball, can't see obvious pass options, lost a lot of possession and defensively he was a problem.
Always loved that part! It wasn't really a problem (never was), but I guess you need to add it for more drama

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think he would be a quality false 9, though Arteta probably wouldn't give him freedom that he would need in that role, but that's where I would try and develop him...think he would put up top numbers, if you get him close to goal.

No one will ever convince me he is fast though :lol:
He’s one of the fastest in the team :lol:

Free role behind the striker is his true position, slightly off the right side - but that’s not happening at a top club.

For me he’s better when he has a choice to go either side of the defender, off the right it will always be mixed but with increased goal threat. Off the left he shields the ball a lot better.

Saka, ESR and Pepe should be central to whatever we do with this team going forward but who knows what Arteta is thinking. Im exaggerating but it don’t feel like he’s ever played the same line up 2 games in a row.

Riou

He’s one of the fastest in the team :lol:

Free role behind the striker is his true position, slightly off the right side - but that’s not happening at a top club.

For me he’s better when he has a choice to go either side of the defender, off the right it will always be mixed but with increased goal threat. Off the left he shields the ball a lot better.

Saka, ESR and Pepe should be central to whatever we do with this team going forward but who knows what Arteta is thinking, I don’t think he’s ever played the same line up 2 games in a row.

That would be a good role for him...that 3-4-3 under Arsène, when Özil and Sanchez had free roles behind a striker.

I can't remember any times he really gets past a fullback, tbh...think it's like Laca when he bossed France, people overrate his pace, due to him dominating an inferior league...not saying he is Giroud level slow or anything, just haven't seen any great pace from him, he's average in that department for me.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He should put goal for himself and target 15 league goals next season every game he has at least 2-3 chances to score not to mention he can put it far corner from nothing

Reactions: Kav

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

That would be a good role for him...that 3-4-3 under Arsène, when Özil and Sanchez had free roles behind a striker.

I can't remember any times he really gets past a fullback, tbh...think it's like Laca when he bossed France, people overrate his pace, due to him dominating an inferior league...not saying he is Giroud level slow or anything, just haven't seen any great pace from him, he's average in that department for me.
If you can’t see his pace now you’ll never see it :lol:

Leicester, both Southampton games, Wolves, plenty of times when he’s skinned defenders but to be honest, he’s been here 2 seasons now if he’s not for you then he’s just not for you.

Atleast now you have to go out of you way to think he’s crap nowadays.

Riou

If you can’t see his pace now you’ll never see it :lol:

Leicester, both Southampton games, Wolves, plenty of times when he’s skinned defenders but to be honest, he’s been here 2 seasons now if he’s not for you then he’s just not for you.

Atleast now you have to go out of you way to think he’s crap nowadays.

I think he is a quality player though.

As I said...I would player him as a striker in a 4-3-3, or one of the attacking mids in a 3-4-3...he has very good productivity, get him in the middle against CBs and he would do damage.

Don't think he's a player for Arteta though...think his type is dying out at the top tbh, managers don't really like skilful players in his mould anymore.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Like I said, only good when he has ample space to work with. Nobody closed him down so he was able to shoot.

I would like to see him with say someone like Hakimi at right back. Would allow him to cut inside way more. Saka was elite on the left today.

We have the bones of a good side.

Reactions: Kav

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
His best position is not at Arsenal, man is a below average player, but OK he scored a goal so I will be blind to all the red flags he produced.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Average player, suited for a mid table club somewhere in ligue 1 or subtop in turkey.
Many times he had the space to dribble but a nonamer about to play in championship had Pepe in his pocket.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Not sure what the issue is against Pepe today.

We all know his all round game isn't the most rounded, though he's obviously working on it.

He's an end product player. Score a goal or get an assist a game and that's fine.

SevenOfClubs

Like I said, only good when he has ample space to work with. Nobody closed him down so he was able to shoot.

I would like to see him with say someone like Hakimi at right back. Would allow him to cut inside way more. Saka was elite on the left today.

We have the bones of a good side.
You rate Arteta bud can’t trust your judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom