• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
It’s all mental with him if Arteta can get that part right he’s an end product machine that can create from nothing. He would he flying if he was at Liverpool prob be one of the best players in the league under Klopp. Arteta has to adjust the system and his own lousy methods to get the most from him he’s potentially our best player.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If people get over the transfer fee which is not his fault and consider what he's managed to do in a deeply dysfunctional side then it's easy to see his value as a player. I thought his red card may have ended him but instead and unlike some others who shall remain nameless, he put his head down, increased his focus and effort and performed. Credit to him, that shows character. It could easily have gone the other way.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If people get over the transfer fee which is not his fault and consider what he's managed to do in a deeply dysfunctional side then it's easy to see his value as a player.
In the long run, he could justify that fee, was unfortunate to be benched half of the time so far. If he can give us another 5 years playing at the same level he did this year, he will be worth every penny we've paid for him. I'm always more annoyed with big investments like Özil and Auba who give you 2 good seasons and just milk heavy wages for the next 5 years

Good goals stats but a lot of it was just stats padding at the end of the season when the season was over. Think at least 5 goals are just after the season is over.

Not a lot of assists but we just have to accept he is a slightly better version than Walcott. He will get us goals if the setup is right and all stars are aligned for him to succeed. Assists wont be his thing but I'm ready to get surprised next season.

With that said. Him and Auba can't play in the same team imo. Of course it can work in some cases but I think we need striker who can play a bit around Pepe for him to be successful. Auba and Pepe want to do the same thing and that is to be end product machines.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mourinho warned of the time he'd need to adjust. I think he will have a big season. There were a lot of encouraging signs after christmas.

Theresa

Pepe’s improvement has been superb, and I think Arteta’s helped him, not hinder him as many have been suggesting. Clearly, work’s been done on the training ground that has spurred his improvement. The way he’s playing has changed, for the better. He was hugging the touchline in the first half of the season. Recently he’s been cutting inside the channels and being a lethal presence in the box, like we need to do. Defensively he’s improved too. In the last couple of months he’s looked like a £72mil player.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Pepe’s improvement has been superb, and I think Arteta’s helped him, not hinder him as many have been suggesting. Clearly, work’s been done on the training ground that has spurred his improvement. The way he’s playing has changed, for the better. He was hugging the touchline in the first half of the season. Recently he’s been cutting inside the channels and being a lethal presence in the box, like we need to do. Defensively he’s improved too. In the last couple of months he’s looked like a £72mil player.
Go on Dave my son 👊🏿

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom