• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I still don't think he was that great this season tbh, people just have low standards for him and treat him with baby gloves, the guy is 26 and people act like he's fresh out of hale end. Lets see what he does when he can't stat pad vs Europa farmers and PL teams at the end of the season when it doesn't matter. He's got one more season before we should look to move him on and recoup some of the money we wasted on him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I still don't think he was that great this season tbh, people just have low standards for him and treat him with baby gloves, the guy is 26 and people act like he's fresh out of hale end. Lets see what he does when he can't stat pad vs Europa farmers and PL teams at the end of the season when it doesn't matter. He's got one more season before we should look to move him on and recoup some of the money we wasted on him.

Tbf I think the club *would* move him on this summer if they could, but with 3 years on his deal no one's gonna come in for him. So it's more of a case of giving him another year out of necessity. But yeah, he's gotta step up regularly next season.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I agree with you mostly as his fanboys take it as personal offence when people criticize him. He did improve as the season progressed but is he a 72 million player? No chance in hell till now

sdotzdot

Established Member
I think he improved a ton this season. Obviously ignore the price tag for a second, in comparison to his first season and his attitude he really has stepped it up a gear and started to show us more consistent glimpses of what he is actually capable of.

I think I, and many others are hopefully slowly being proved wrong about him. I think it’s important to remember this guy was a late bloomer to professional football then went straight into the PL after a few seasons in ligue 1. The step up is huge for a player with tons of experience let alone someone with his career path.

He obviously is still no where near the complete package but what this season has showed me is that I actually think he is capable to eventually be that.

GunnerShy

Tbf I think the club *would* move him on this summer if they could, but with 3 years on his deal no one's gonna come in for him. So it's more of a case of giving him another year out of necessity. But yeah, he's gotta step up regularly next season.
Good clubs would be making a decision now.on whether to extend or not. Otherwise if he has a better season next season we are back in the need to sell or extend merry go round with the power in the players hands.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Good clubs would be making a decision now.on whether to extend or not. Otherwise if he has a better season next season we are back in the need to sell or extend merry go round with the power in the players hands.
we want to sell him. What good season can pepe have next season that makes us think yeah 72 million was good deal. we seen enough of him to know his flaws. He has some goals in him. But his general play isnt great by any means. we cant sell him now cause no one wants him. Hopefully he has good season next year and we sell

GunnerShy

we want to sell him. What good season can pepe have next season that makes us think yeah 72 million was good deal. we seen enough of him to know his flaws. He has some goals in him. But his general play isnt great by any means. we cant sell him now cause no one wants him. Hopefully he has good season next year and we sell
He came second in the player of the season awards. Who is we? Edu, Arteta?

For them to be in a job at the end of the season he will need to have a good year. If that happens he will catch the attention of clubs. Then he will be into the final two years of his contract and will hold all the power.

The 72m is irrelevant. Extending his contract doesn't change what we paid for him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He came second in the player of the season awards. Who is we? Edu, Arteta?

For them to be in a job at the end of the season he will need to have a good year. If that happens he will catch the attention of clubs. Then he will be into the final two years of his contract and will hold all the power.

The 72m is irrelevant. Extending his contract doesn't change what we paid for him.
Raul got sacked because of this and we had internal investigation because of this deal. Have you forgotten that

akhil

Raul got sacked because of this and we had internal investigation because of this deal. Have you forgotten that

Pepe didn't have anything to do with how the deal happened outside of signing the actual contract. You want to sell him when he actually looks settled and enjoying himself? He looked our most dangerous player this calendar year. This despite being under a manager who barely trusts him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Pepe didn't have anything to do with how the deal happened outside of signing the actual contract. You want to sell him when he actually looks settled and enjoying himself? He looked our most dangerous player this calendar year. This despite being under a manager who barely trusts him.
My point is the club was so unhappy with the deal we had internal investigation why 72 million was spent on him. You think if he was killing it that would happen?

akhil

My point is the club was so unhappy with the deal we had internal investigation why 72 million was spent on him. You think if he was killing it that would happen?

I doubt it was his performances that triggered an investigation, most likely something didn't add up when they were doing the books at the end of the financial year. Lille are under investigation by the French authorities for financial irregularities. Raul was probably involved in authorizing something that was shady.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You’re so black or white man. The price was high for sure. But it doesn’t mean Pepe wasn’t performing well in the French league.

He was a 40m level talent in terms of what he was producing considering he hadent played in the CL etc, and Raul paid 72m to palm off agents.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You’re so black or white man. The price was high for sure. But it doesn’t mean Pepe wasn’t performing well in the French league.

He was a 40m level talent in terms of what he was producing considering he hadent played in the CL etc, and Raul paid 72m to palm off agents.
If the club could go back in time you think they would make the deal?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You’re still being black or white 😂
You not answering the question. I support him because he is here. But this is the clubs most expensive player and one of the best expensive players and we can’t even say he will be a sure starter next season. If the club could go back in time they wouldn’t spend 72 million on him

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You not answering the question. I support him because he is here. But this is the clubs most expensive player and one of the best expensive players and we can’t even say he will be a sure starter next season. If the club could go back in time they wouldn’t spend 72 million on him
Yes, I basically said that when I said his value was more like 40m and we paid 72m.

Of course the club would let him go back for 72m, I would and I like Pepe a lot. But I don’t know why we talk about the price tag anymore it’s done now and the guy who made the signing is gone.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I do agree with Rasmi and Red London, I'm a Pepe fan but 72 Million in hindsight was beyond daylight robbery.

Those mofos robbed us then our mothers, fathers, grandparents and ancestors.

I also agree that 40M is probably more his true valuation but at the same time what's done is done tbh, and it wasn't really Pepe's fault that the club were stupid enough to pay so much.

He's producing and hopefully he can rack up some great numbers for us next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom