• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Did he play badly or something or is this just more of the same? From the glimpses I've seen he seems as sharp as anyone this pre-season.

It seems that him showing some ability has made some of his critics even more determined to **** on him. Just watch this place when he has a bad game, it's going to be crazy. :lol:
People are just discussing him, I think that's alright before forum police @Macho comes and tries kill any debates.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

People are just discussing him, I think that's alright before forum police @Macho comes and tries kill any debates.
I skimmed the thread, saw someone saying that we should sell, you saying he'll never live up to his price tag and someone else talking about him not being able to play with Auba. That was just a skim and overall it was pretty negative no?

BigPoppaPump

I skimmed the thread, saw someone saying that we should sell, you saying he'll never live up to his price tag and someone else talking about him not being able to play with Auba. That was just a skim and overall it was pretty negative no?
That's cos people don't rate him obviously. They were talking about him and Auba both being better at the end of balls rather than in the build up so it would be better with one or the other.

Me saying he'll never live up to his price tag is actually a good thing because it's irrelevent now, he just needs to play well his price tag don't matter since it's been 2 years already.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

lol know your audience.

For all the thought you put into your write up, all they saw was you admitting he is average on the ball and not worth 72 mil which is all some of these lot are here for in this thread.

Yeah, I think I came across overly negative on Pepe which wasn't my intention.

A lot of people probably know I do endorse Pepe and have done for pretty much the whole season (with good reason imo, but we'll set that asdie). But my point was more that he's a very very good finisher.

But I don't think people realise the impact of that, and are underestimating how good Pepe is, at it. Arteta didn't even play him properly and he already got 1/3.

Given his stats he's an 18/19/20 goal a season winger (starting all games when fit), do you know how rare that is in the league? Look up the top scorers, aside from Salah and Son, who else is doing it from the wing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, I think I came across overly negative on Pepe which wasn't my intention.

A lot of people probably know I do endorse Pepe and have done for pretty much the whole season (with good reason imo, but we'll set that asdie). But my point was more that he's a very very good finisher.

But I don't think people realise the impact of that, and are underestimating how good Pepe is, at it. Arteta didn't even play him properly and he already got 1/3.

Given his stats he's an 18/19/20 goal a season winger (starting all games when fit), do you know how rare that is in the league? Look up the top scorers, aside from Salah and Son, who else is doing it from the wing.
Yeah I’ve tried everything. Literally pulled stats comparing him to the best wingers in the league and the implication is that if you put him in a city/Liverpool his reputation changes completely.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He is not close to Alexis. That guy had an elite mentality and was a freak athlete. Alexis had his flaws, but was a match winner. He always reminded me of a basketball player named Russell Westbrook. Eccentric personalities, can be sloppy, turnover machines with poor shot-selection, decision-making, but they both are/were incredible athletes that can just overwhelm the opposition at times with their raw talent.
Alexis was fantastic for us but had no energy and looked lost at United. His agent said he wanted to return to Arsenal after one training session. Under a different manager, in another system, with other team mates some players can be transformed from elite to poor and vice versa.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Pepe can be our best player if he’s used properly and if he plays with full confidence. He’s easily worth 20 goals a season we’ve seen that by now. He’s like a much better version of Walcott I hope he fires on next season and proves everyone wrong.

BigPoppaPump

@Gooner416 sometimes the sauciest guys are right under your nose. I didn’t even know he was saucin like this.
Proper unserious guy, some these players just in it for money they don’t care about winning. Then pockets watchers start getting boners over their watches and trainers smh, thinking that makes them a good player lol.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Proper unserious guy, some these players just in it for money they don’t care about winning. Then pockets watchers start getting boners over their watches and trainers smh, thinking that makes them a good player lol.
Appreciating the drip makes you a pocket watcher? Interesting.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

When you say stuff like this it just makes it seem like you unreasonably hate the guy or you've got some kind of agenda.

The guy was having a little fun....how can you come to the conclusion that he doesn't care about winning from that? Baffling....

Maybe you're just joking? In which case I apologize.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
When Nico put the mask on at the start of that vid, I thought the latest Purge film ain't looking too bad :lol:

That's how I'm hoping our Amazon Prime doc ends up - purging half of our players..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom