• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Pepe came so close to get pasting Rudiger on multiple occasions, and that guy is fast.

Why did we not put Nico on the left and left him run at Azpi, would have gotten past him much easier...while Saka could have played on the right, which suits his game?
Because Arteta.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Saka/ESR/Martinelli are not guys who strike me as players who can play dangerous passes right now. Saka is the best of the three, undoubtedly. But you can only play one right now in my opinion. Saka left, Pepe right and Ødegaard AM. Need a new striker.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Nah I don't buy that you're politicking. I think very little of Arteta but to suggest he's telling Saka and ESR not to run into space when that's what they excel in I can't see it.

It's more likely ESR saw Ruidger and Christensen there and didn't fancy it, or didn't back Pepe to get the ball to him and saved his energy - which even then doesn't sound like ESR.
But you say yourself the reason that our forwards have been poor is because of Arteta's tactics, I think this is a continuation of that. It's obvious he doesn't know how to coach an attack.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

But you say yourself the reason that our forwards have been poor is because of Arteta's tactics, I think this is a continuation of that. It's obvious he doesn't know how to coach an attack.
Arteta's tactics are poor, but not making the run? on Arteta's say so? intelligent players like ESR and Saka? Arteta wants bravery in that end of the pitch, he'd never demand otherwise.

I don't buy that at all, they just didn't want to at those particular moments for whatever reason. Ødegaard in that same position they might have bust a gut, it's hard to say.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Because Arteta.

When we have played Saka and Pepe together, Nico usually plays on the left...but when that would have really suited us, of course Arteta does the opposite :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

When we have played Saka and Pepe together, Nico usually plays on the left...but when that would have really suited us, of course Arteta does the opposite :lol:
I suspect Saka was supposed to support Tierney defensively and he just didn't do it for whatever reason. Most people would back Saka to do a better job of that than Pepe, despite the latter's willingness and recent improvement in this area - we know deep down that's just not his bag.

I don't think Saka should have started period, but we're so light on quality and bodies in general he had to. All in my opinion of course.

BigPoppaPump

Arteta's tactics are poor, but not making the run? on Arteta's say so? intelligent players like ESR and Saka? Arteta wants bravery in that end of the pitch, he'd never demand otherwise.

I don't buy that at all, they just didn't want to at those particular moments for whatever reason. Ødegaard in that same position they might have bust a gut, it's hard to say.
I didn't take you for an Arteta fan but I guess we'll have to disagree. I think his tactics are cowardly like that and stop players from making runs into the box, we never attack the box in numbers like a top team is supposed to, and who do you think that's because of?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I didn't take you for an Arteta fan but I guess we'll have to disagree. I think his tactics are cowardly like that and stop players from making runs into the box, we never attack the box in numbers like a top team is supposed to, and who do you think that's because of?

He isn't an Arteta fan, he's just looking at it objectively. The silly thing to do would be to be tin hatty about it and say Arteta is casting a spell on these players.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Well when Lacazette wasn't doing it, you were happily blaming him. Make your mind up.

IstraBalagina

He has some good moments here and there but he doesn't look like a professional footballer, plays like a kid in the neighborhood, no progress.
But it's hard under a manager with no clear style and system

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I've been very ill recently hence why i've been on here a lot more. You are becoming a bit of a problem aren't you. Blocky Balboa may have to come out if you keep posting agenda ridden content.
:lol:

Alls I know is rather than have Pepe good or Pepe bad I broke down a 2 and half minute video highlight clip to show how he continuously breaks down our attacks and its very problematic for our forward line, agreed he done some little amount of good and it just turned in to this sh*tstorm of Monstar_Gunn4r bad because it doesnt fit on someones phone.

Nobody wants a discussion anymore or any articulated points just player x = bad or player x = good.

Whats confounding me is that we can nearly all agree Xhaka breaks down our play in midfield but when Pepe does it, its fine because... Saka and Esr bad.

BigPoppaPump

Well when Lacazette wasn't doing it, you were happily blaming him. Make your mind up.
That's cos Lacazette doesn't have the fitness, but tbf to Laca he does make runs into the box. I've been critical of Lacazette since Arsène was here so it's nothing to do with Arteta I just don't rate him.

BigPoppaPump

He isn't an Arteta fan, he's just looking at it objectively. The silly thing to do would be to be tin hatty about it and say Arteta is casting a spell on these players.
It's not tinfoil to say Arteta doesn't encourage attacking football, he just can't do wrong in your eyes.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's not tinfoil to say Arteta doesn't encourage attacking football, he just can't do wrong in your eyes.

When I see Saka falling over the ball trying to beat his man instead of doing the simple thing to pass it across in a 3 on 2 situation, i start questioning the decision making of some of these players. When I see Martinelli running with his head down, not seeing the open man (Pepe) I start questioning some of these players.

Do you not? Or are you solely focussed on Arteta? Because this would be happening a year into any managers reign aside from potentially a Conte.

BigPoppaPump

When I see Saka falling over the ball trying to beat his man instead of doing the simple thing to pass it across in a 3 on 2 situation, i start questioning the decision making of some of these players. When I see Martinelli running with his head down, not seeing the open man (Pepe) I start questioning some of these players.

Do you not? Or are you solely focussed on Arteta? Because this would be happening a year into any managers reign aside from potentially a Conte.
Yeah it's Arteta's fault for not improving our young players, you just made me realise how bad it actually is. We need a new manager before all our players are completely ruined by him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah it's Arteta's fault for not improving our young players, you just made me realise how bad it actually is. We need a new manager before all our players are completely ruined by him.

No, no big club or world class manager would have to play these players consistently so they'd learn better instead of being forced to do things constantly.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You really do get upset when I point out how terrible Pepe is 🤣

If the video showed the good things Esr and Saka done fair enough, but it was clearly having a go at everyone but the golden child
You need to relax, you genuinely and I mean genuinely don’t upset me.

The people I debate with are those who I feel judge him unfairly/harshly. You are past that point so why would I waste energy taking your posts seriously?

You literally go around the forum taking potshots at the guy, the other day you said he can’t beat a defender which is like me saying Saka isn’t left footed and today you’ve written a full essay to address a joke video just because there was a hint of truth in there. It’s getting to the point where I’m wondering if it’s personal between you and Pepe. 😂

I hope this makes my thoughts/opinions on this matter clear, don’t appreciate you saying I’m upset when all I’m doing is laughing at how ridiculous you are. Thanks.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
You need to relax, you genuinely and I mean genuinely don’t upset me.

The people I debate with are those who I feel judge him unfairly/harshly. You are past that point so why would I waste energy taking your posts seriously?

You literally go around the forum taking potshots at the guy, the other day you said he can’t beat a defender which is like me saying Saka isn’t left footed and today you’ve written a full essay to address a joke video just because there was a hint of truth in there. It’s getting to the point where I’m wondering if it’s personal between you and Pepe. 😂

I hope this makes my thoughts/opinions on this matter clear, don’t appreciate you saying I’m upset when all I’m doing is laughing at how ridiculous you are. Thanks.
Ah cool, so you watch him not beat a defender 1 on 1 every week but he somehow does?

I dont upset you but you comment on every one of my posts mentioning Pepe :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom