• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Feel Pepe will be rotated quite regularly with ESR throughout the season, tbh.

Saka and Ødegaard will be starters when fit, while as others have said, Pepe is the only one you could trust to put up numbers in those attacking midfield positions right now.

Ideally you would like to try a midfield 3 of, Partey-ESR-Ødegaard, use it as a poor man's Fernadinho-Silva-DeBruyne...feel that could be something that could get us somewhere.

Though Arteta will never be that attacking in the middle, so the best we can hope for is Lokonga getting ahead of Xhaka, which would be pretty good too.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
E9jVDbIX0AUDhg1

Can't believe Nicolasinac Pepe didn't just hit this into Auba first time for a tap in
Sums up the problem with Pepe. It isn’t the losing of possession he hurts us with, it’s ruining otherwise decent chances with a poor touch or trying to beat one more player.

Reactions: A_G

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

@American_Gooner is tired to bring that out of nowhere :lol:

I mean if he doesn’t convince after this season I don’t really know what happens. I think ESR sees him benched anyways tbh.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I saw that image from a Pepe comp going around. Had Pepe stans slandering Saka and "Emile Kills Flow" as they call him.
Ah agenda, I respect it. Increasingly with time I feel like all 3 of them can get in the bin as far as I'm concerned.

When I think about it, the only player I can think of in our squad that would hit a first time ball like that consistently from the flanks is probably Chelsea Willian and we didn't even sign that version.

mirrorstare

Once we stopped the nonsense and finally found him with through balls he had a fun time, got his goal, hit the post, hit the crossbar and got an assist despite having Chambers out there.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Seems like he is good when opponent plays a high line.

Bench him, we need players that can break a deep camping team which we will face a lot(like Brentford for example).

Play him vs top 6 sides only, excl
Leicester they are dogshit, in a 343 defensive counter set up.

WiscoGooner8

Sums up the problem with Pepe. It isn’t the losing of possession he hurts us with, it’s ruining otherwise decent chances with a poor touch or trying to beat one more player.
Auba is clearly offsides in that picture. Unless the comment is he should’ve crossed it sooner than the picture.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He was s!ck...........of Arteta's bullsh!t, real reason he was out.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shocked no one somehow used yesterday, to have a go at Nico, tbh.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Didn't do much tbh. I know it was City and Tets didn't have any idea how to stop their attacks or create any of our own but still expect a bit more from our record signing. You sign players for £72m to make a difference in exactly games like this. Also he is an experienced guy now, not some youngster so the excuse he isn't being helped by the RB isn't cutting it for me.

The most frustrating thing was for me when we finally managed to get him isolated with the fullback, he aimlessly dribbled straight into him. Another time Ode had the ball and would have played Pepe in but he inexplicably strayed offside while he was looking right across the line. Things like this make me question his football brain.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Crossed my mind to check how did Pepe do last season after Ødegaard started playing more.

People are worried about goals, but Pepe played 803 minutes from 21st February with 6+1 points. That makes a point per 115 minutes, which is very good for a winger. That's also a goal per 134 minutes.

There's not much more you can hope from a winger from stats perspective, so I think it's a promising sign.

This was in spite of having not so good RB going forward, and resorting more on the left when attacking. He did play 108 minutes on the left during that period, in which he didn't get points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom