• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Reyes was improving, he was a big player for us, the guy joined the best club in the world at the time for big money. Massive success for Wenger.

Podolski done his job. Getting dropped later doesn’t mean you’re a flop, our team developed and others were more suited than him later on.

I judge signings by whether they outperform or underperform their potential. Reyes didn’t reach his potential at Arsenal. A commonly accepted fact.

I see a lot of excuses been made but he and Saka are playing in the same team no? If Saka can find actions and moments then Pepe should be able to do that too.

He is capable of moments of magic but between that, he is painfully average and the game just passes him by...

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Perez was good whenever he played, though. Just because Wenger didn't give him minutes doesn't mean he was bad.

Good is subjective. Hard to ignore the hard facts though.

Left for West Ham after just 21 games and 7 goals in mostly cup games.

Bought for £17m and sold for £4m two seasons later. Now trying to restart his career at Alaves.

By his own admission he could not adapt to life in England off the pitch. Definitely a talent but hardly made the kind of impact to justify loaning out Gnabry for example

GDeep™

League is very weak
I judge signings by whether they outperform or underperform their potential. Reyes didn’t reach his potential at Arsenal. A commonly accepted fact.
Yeah, didn’t reach his potential because he decided to leave for Real Madrid. He was a big player for us.

Not getting into one of your circular debates.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Good is subjective. Hard to ignore the hard facts though.

Left for West Ham after just 21 games and 7 goals in mostly cup games.
How can it be subjective when the numbers are positive in the minutes he played?
I don't know what happened at West Ham, but Pellegrini was playing some rubbish players in front of him, which was weird.
Perez had good numbers at Alaves last season considering the service at that team isn't stellar.

Manberg

Predator
Yeah, didn’t reach his potential because he decided to leave for Real Madrid. He was a big player for us.

Not getting into one of your circular debates.

He wanted to leave for Real shortly after joining us. He didn’t settle. A successful signing is a happy signing. He wasn’t happy.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Reyes had everything...the first few months of 2004/2005 were probably my most enjoyable as an Arsenal fan, and Jose was our best player in that period.

Fast, technical, could play wide or up top really well...didn't fulfill his potential really, but on the pitch was always exciting to watch.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member
Reyes was improving, he was a big player for us, the guy joined the best club in the world at the time for big money. Massive success for Wenger.

Podolski done his job. Getting dropped later doesn’t mean you’re a flop, our team developed and others were more suited than him later on.

Reyes regressed under Wenger, he was the most talented player Wenger has ever signed and his technical ability makes Özil look like a schoolboy. Yet he was never the same after getting his butt kicked by Neville. And Podolski was signed with a lot of fanfare yet he turned out to be nothing more than a one dimensional mid table player.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Reyes regressed under Wenger, he was the most talented player Wenger has ever signed and his technical ability makes Özil look like a schoolboy. Yet he was never the same after getting his butt kicked by Neville. And Podolski was signed with a lot of fanfare yet he turned out to be nothing more than a one dimensional mid table player.
that is one hell of rose-tint on your glasses!

Reyes was a prodigy and left before he even played two seasons. how the eff did he regress? How is he better than Özil when he was passed over by Madrid?

scytheavatar

Established Member
that is one hell of rose-tint on your glasses!

Reyes was a prodigy and left before he even played two seasons. how the eff did he regress? How is he better than Özil when he was passed over by Madrid?

Like I said he was never the same after getting his butt kicked by Neville. He lost his balls and his will to take on opponents after that.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

People forgetting how Pepe tore Sheffield utd apart in the game before this one. Think we can give him a pass vs City lol.

Say what?

One run and finish against a team that’s lost every game this season means our record signing is allowed to disappear in yet another big game?

Am I reading this right.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Pepe played better than Auba anyway.
But at their expenses, we want to see more from both.

Auba has been poor for a few games now. It was good to see Pepe get a start but he has to do far better if he wants to be a regular. He didn't have any moments yesterday, poor from start to finish. I could say but it was City but Saka was great, our best player, and he's only 19.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Say what?

One run and finish against a team that’s lost every game this season means our record signing is allowed to disappear in yet another big game?

Am I reading this right.

One run and finish? He changed the game and we wouldn't have won if he didn't come on ffs.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

One run and finish? He changed the game and we wouldn't have won if he didn't come on ffs.

My point still stands. Are you suggesting that helping us beat Sheffield United at home means he gets a pass for not showing up in a big game... again?

That’s what it sounds like.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
My point still stands. Are you suggesting that helping us beat Sheffield United at home means he gets a pass for not showing up in a big game... again?

That’s what it sounds like.

Again? He was fantastic in recent big games during our cup run. Hasnt been started recently to gain consistency. One game in which we hardly got the ball against City doesn't mean he should be lambasted.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Again? He was fantastic in recent big games during our cup run. Hasnt been started recently to gain consistency. One game in which we hardly got the ball against City doesn't mean he should be lambasted.

Nobody said he should be lambasted. You said he should get a pass based on what he did against Sheffield. That’s different.

He had a couple of moments at Wembley, but where was he at Anfield? Old Trafford? White Hart Lane? Stamford Bridge? Olympiacos at home?

Mkhitaryan and Iwobi got lynched for performances like his.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nobody said he should be lambasted. You said he should get a pass based on what he did against Sheffield. That’s different.

He had a couple of moments at Wembley, but where was he at Anfield? Old Trafford? White Hart Lane? Stamford Bridge? Olympiacos at home?

Mkhitaryan and Iwobi got lynched for performances like his.

At Anfield he was on the bench? Last season was a complete mess for a multitude of reasons so let's not go there with those games. Focus on recent games with Arteta. He will start kicking on now and one poor game against the best team in the league wouldn't change that. Hence why its a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom