• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So tell me how he seems unable to kick to ball in a straight line when running with it.

His touch is inconsistent if any thing, reminds in some ways like wallcot. At one moment take on the whole Liverpool team next running with the ball behind him.

Yeah he is gangly at times but I think it's mostly down to him being too much of an instinct player. Needs to simplify his game and become more efficient. He has the end product qualities (crossing and finishing) to be a killer but he tries to do too much and take on too much

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

So tell me how he seems unable to kick to ball in a straight line when running with it.
He literally came off the bench when he did that, it was one of his first touches. I wouldn’t hold that against him.

He’s got fantastic technique- you guys know what technique is right?

Touch, control, dribbling, striking the ball, passing range (short and long), technique isn’t his problem at all. It’s just using that stuff effectively.

His team mates have openly said he’s one of the most technical in the squad.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He needs to stop dribbling into crowds without a plan. Get it out his feet more, whether it’s a pass or a shot.

He needs to contribute more when we don’t have the ball. Things he’s not gonna get to grips with playing 15-20 mins.

The way we play our right wingers is weird anyways - they aren’t that involved compared to our left side, regardless of whoever plays there.

All that time you spent defending him last season just for him to let you down like this smh. I think we should just cut our losses with him and try to find a new club, I feel like his whole signing was a scam by Raul.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

All that time you spent defending him last season just for him to let you down like this smh. I think we should just cut our losses with him and try to find a new club, I feel like his whole signing was a scam by Raul.
If none of the managers are willing to make him work, then yeah we shouldn’t have signed him.

Emery wanted Zaha in his place and couldn’t be bothered with him. Arteta prefers a Chelsea pensioner instead. If this is gonna be his season then we should definitely cut our losses in the summer and just recruit properly in future.

I think he’s a sick player but this is what happens when non football people make the signings.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
If none of the managers are willing to make him work, then yeah we shouldn’t have signed him.

Emery wanted Zaha in his place and couldn’t be bothered with him. Arteta prefers a Chelsea pensioner instead. If this is gonna be his season then we should definitely cut our losses in the summer and just recruit properly in future.

I think he’s a sick player but this is what happens when non football people make the signings.

It's not on the managers to make him work, it's on his own self to do that. You can't absolve him of blame just because you like him it doesn't work like that. It's his own fault he's been unconvincing to managers.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Not sure how any one can make judgments when he's played 15-20 minutes in 2 games. He was man of the match in the cup final against Chelsea. He will be eased into the season by Arteta.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It's not on the managers to make him work, it's on his own self to do that. You can't absolve him of blame just because you like him it doesn't work like that. It's his own fault he's been unconvincing to managers.
I’m sure that’s part of it, but he finished the season strongly and not only has he been dropped, he hasn’t been on the pitch long enough to mess up yet. He’s not entirely responsible.

The managers/whoever recruited are also to blame however. Why spend 70m on a player the manager didn’t want in the first place?

and ofcourse it’s on the coach/managers to develop players - that’s their job. That’s what made Wenger great.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There's not much to tell about his game, looks like it's gonna be another wasted season for him.
The plan is obviously not to have him and Willian at the same time on the pitch, so Pepe basically took the role Nelson/Willock had last season, and that will fuel the chavs brigade here.
I'm yet to see what Willian offers more than Pepe to this team, we struggle to play just like we did last season, so it looks to me that Willian didn't make any positive difference (which I didn't even expect).

We are overachieving atm, our chance conversion is almost perfect and it's not realistic to expect this to continue. We can't go into the match against WH at home with a mindset of a bottom half team.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
With our central midfield the way that it is, there's no point in him starting. Our forwards aren't being fed the ball well enough. All 3 of our forwards looked starved for 70 minutes.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
I'm sorry to say but he will never live up to his price tag. He will never be that superstar we had hoped he would be

moloso

Let's see him start a few games before he's completely written off. Looked bright enough in both appearances off the bench.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He needs a decent run. I get the feeling every time he comes on as a sub he feels he has to prove himself in 15 mins, so he runs with the ball and either falls over or runs it out. Once he gets starts he wont be so eager to impress in a short period of time. His talent is clear but his use of it is poor!

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
He needs a decent run. I get the feeling every time he comes on as a sub he feels he has to prove himself in 15 mins, so he runs with the ball and either falls over or runs it out. Once he gets starts he wont be so eager to impress in a short period of time. His talent is clear but his use of it is poor!
tap-in's recent avis:
Lucas Perez
Kola
Pepe

Makes you think.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
willian is a bit of a clogger like ceballos, kola and lacazette ...its good when you want to keep things solid and grind out wins ...but once the team gels and you want to try a more expansive style ..then pepe will be useful. Pepe is arsenal level technical quality.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He has good dribbling and pace but plays one way and gets found out easily, thought he was poor on corners like we have been for years. Not his fault for the price fee but he needs to have a good season otherwise he needs to be sold

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The Ndombele part of the Sp**s all or nothing series is so prevalent. Huge price tag doesn't = elite mentality or instant success no matter how talented the player is.

He spoke about how difficult it was adapting. Just imagine going to play football in a different country, leaving your family, playing under tactics from 3 different managers including Emery who butchered the team and then going into a pandemic.

Pepe may not work here, and I think he needs to be put into the team ASAP to get a run going. But his talent is undeniable.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The club needs to give Pepe a proper run in the team. If it doesn't work out then it's his fault.

But I'd say his work at the end of last season showed real potential. His nutmeg against Alonso and crafty back heel flick were part of solid performance in the cup final.

Then you find out the club has invested what may amount to £30m+ on another player in your position and doesn't start you in the first two games. That's got to hurt.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The club needs to give Pepe a proper run in the team. If it doesn't work out then it's his fault.

But I'd say his work at the end of last season showed real potential. His nutmeg against Alonso and crafty back heel flick were part of solid performance in the cup final.

Then you find out the club has invested what may amount to £30m+ on another player in your position and doesn't start you in the first two games. That's got to hurt.

Arteta’s earned the right to get involved with the signings he wants no?

He picks the team that he thinks will win, not play someone just because he cost a lot of money.

Pepe’s got to do more off the bench and in the chances he does get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom