• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Pepe szn baby
Not easy to get away from players with the ball from a standing start and he does it quite frequently. There's also a few clips in his end of season comps where he does actually kick the ball far in front of him and he gets up to full speed and he's rapid.

I knew the agendas were in full flow when people started calling him slow.:lol:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'm backing Pepe to have a good season since his now had a season to mix in & score a few more of his good goals. We've got to have faith in him & not put him down if he has 1-2 poor performances which a lot of fans are guilty of for every player anyway.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Not easy to get away from players with the ball from a standing start and he does it quite frequently. There's also a few clips in his end of season comps where he does actually kick the ball far in front of him and he gets up to full speed and he's rapid.

I knew the agendas were in full flow when people started calling him slow.:lol:

Can't really call him him slow he's obviously fast, I feel like his biggest problem is losing the ball/taking too long to make a decision or making the wrong. Sometimes down that right him and Bellerin would lose the ball constantly.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm backing Pepe to have a good season since his now had a season to mix in & score a few more of his good goals. We've got to have faith in him & not put him down if he has 1-2 poor performances which a lot of fans are guilty of for every player anyway.
If he’s a top player he’ll show it this season, he’s already shown he’s got great ability and talent, just has to do it every week now.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If he’s a top player he’ll show it this season, he’s already shown he’s got great ability and talent, just has to do it every week now.

Problem he had last year though was he always seemed to be in and out the squad under all 3 managers for no apparent reasons, I think it really hampered his consistency because he couldn't get a run going.

Thoughts on this?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I expect a good season from Pepe although much will depend on our RB or RWB. For Pepe to work he has to cut in, so he needs the RB to over lap and take defenders away. Bellerin doesnt do that enough, AMN has the speed and engine to do it, maybe Cedric too. I may do Pepe a favour and change my avi before Sat :)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Problem he had last year though was he always seemed to be in and out the squad under all 3 managers for no apparent reasons, I think it really hampered his consistency because he couldn't get a run going.

Thoughts on this?

I agree. I always felt he needed a run to get his confidence up. Then when he bangs in 2 lovely free kicks Emery goes and drops him! :facepalm:

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I expect a good season from Pepe although much will depend on our RB or RWB. For Pepe to work he has to cut in, so he needs the RB to over lap and take defenders away. Bellerin doesnt do that enough, AMN has the speed and engine to do it, maybe Cedric too. I may do Pepe a favour and change my avi before Sat :)

Change thread title to extra sauce please, or does salt mean something else?

GDeep™

League is very weak

Thoughts on this?
He still appeared in most league games, 30 plus I think.

I don’t see no excuses for him this season, no African nations, settled team and management, had his season to acclimatise etc.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

He still appeared in most league games, 30 plus I think.

I don’t see no excuses for him this season, no African nations, settled team and management, had his season to acclimatise etc.

How many games did he start in a row? Imo it's been max 4.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How many games did he start in a row? Imo it's been max 4.
Yeah but that’s the unknown. We don’t know why he wasn’t always picked, could be poor in training, could he tactics, could be him needing to be left out as the grind of English football is new to him.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
He has great ability, speed and everything he needs to succeed. His head dropped sometimes when we were under the cosh but then so did most others'.

I don't think he has any physical problems in adapting to the PL. Having got the first season out of the way, a difficult one with the unusual instability at the club, not exactly with flying colours but nowhere near being a failure either, I am expecting him to have a big season.

I'll be happy with 10/15 goals from Pepe if he has a similar number of assists but it is true Auba (if he's still here) needs to be helped on the goal-scoring front. If he isn't here we're in deep doo-doo.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He has great ability, speed and everything he needs to succeed. His head dropped sometimes when we were under the cosh but then so did most others'.

I don't think he has any physical problems in adapting to the PL. Having got the first season out of the way, a difficult one with the unusual instability at the club, not exactly with flying colours but nowhere near being a failure either, I am expecting him to have a big season.

I'll be happy with 10/15 goals from Pepe if he has a similar number of assists but it is true Auba (if he's still here) needs to be helped on the goal-scoring front. If he isn't here we're in deep doo-doo.
Think 10 PL goals is decent considering we don't get many wideman who do that without pens.

Only Mane, Sterling, Son and Mahrez last season I tihink. It would be quite impressive if he joined that group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom