• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Given Laca's horrendous performances I'd give Pepe a run up, hard to see how he could be worse and there's upside here potentially. Arteta doesn't trust him on the wings so give him a proper run in a position where his only competition right now is a borderline waste of space.
We could just play our actual best striker upfront to be fair :lol:

Yeah, I'm not pleased with Pepe right now. I understand he's not been helped too much in terms of how the play is geared towards the left but he's been really inconsistent on the ball and that's disappointing. Very ineffective when he came on.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
We could just play our actual best striker upfront to be fair :lol:

Haha, I've kind of given up on that one. Seems pretty clear Arteta sees Auba as a wing forward. The natural change would obviously be to put Auba up top and give Pepe more minutes, but it seems pretty clear at this point that Arteta just does not trust Pepe to receive the ball in any scenario other than running behind the opposition's defense.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not to excuse his **** play, but guy has no chance to build any real momentum. Even when he has a good game, he's immediately out of favour again for the next 3-4.
Reiss has the same problem aswell. It's ironic because they are the two I most want to see given a consistent run. That said, Pepe really needs to do better with what he's given.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Reiss was suppose to be our Sancho but he's not going to make it here....top top players step up quick look at Saka, cesc, martinlli even bellerin before he because a vegan.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We could all jump to Auba's thread and write the same stuff there, he's playing like **** as well, or we could just admit that our gameplan and team selection will favour defence over anything and our attacking side of the game is based on some random accidental goals or individual moments.
This is probably the worst attacking setup I've ever seen from Arsenal, and I refuse to blame any of our forwards for it

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We could all jump to Auba's thread and write the same stuff there, he's playing like **** as well, or we could just admit that our gameplan and team selection will favour defence over anything and our attacking side of the game is based on some random accidental goals or individual moments.
This is probably the worst attacking setup I've ever seen from Arsenal, and I refuse to blame any of our forwards for it

Auba is a finisher...like vardy. Have to create the chances for him. He had an insane 6-7months last season where he was scoring with virtually one shot per game. It was inevitable that it wouldn't continue. We need to create more chances for auba, it's that simple.

With Pepe it seems he need to learn how to dribble, position himself, move off the ball and pass. Might as well put in the academy.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Almost every goal he's in the box 1 v 1 / facing up one defender or running at a stretched team/in behind

We never create these opportunities. We have stale attacks with no zip.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Almost every goal he's in the box 1 v 1 / facing up one defender or running at a stretched team/in behind

We never create these opportunities. We have stale attacks with no zip.

Literally every time his teammates actually find him in motion near the box, something positive happens. He an Auba are by far our 2 most dangerous players and yet their teammates don't make it a priority to find them. It's quite breathtaking in its stupidity.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Literally every time his teammates actually find him in motion near the box, something positive happens. He an Auba are by far our 2 most dangerous players and yet their teammates don't make it a priority to find them. It's quite breathtaking in its stupidity.

It's been the same problem since he joined.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

It's been the same problem since he joined.
This is the only club that wrings their hands over spending big money on players and then goes out of their way not to cater to the strengths of the expensive players they do sign. It's comical trending towards tragic.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Dont think there was anyone after him. Rumors that Bayern and Liverpool were after him but I think these clubs only leaked fake news to trick us into buying him.

Wagwan with memories on A-M?

Napoli literally had an 80m Euro bid accepted

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ee-deal-with-lille-to-sign-ivory-coast-winger

There was a massive hoo ha about it on the Pepe transfer thread. They were not happy bunnies.

He was clearly not worth anywhere near that

Manberg

Predator
Not to excuse his **** play, but guy has no chance to build any real momentum. Even when he has a good game, he's immediately out of favour again for the next 3-4.

He started against Rapid Wienna and had a poor game. He had about 30 minutes today after coming on as a sub and was also poor. It does feel like excuses. He’s getting game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom