• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Will end up as the worst transfer in the history of football at this rate
He's got some work to do to be awful enough to usurp Hazard, Coutinho, Griezmann and Dembele at the moment. At least he scored in a final. Barca paid for Coutinho to help beat them 8-2 and funded Liverpool's CL and league triumphs ffs.

Last edited:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
He's got some work to do to be awful enough to usurp Hazard, Coutinho, Griezmann and Dembele at the moment. At least he scored in a final. Barca paid for Coutinho to help beat them 8-2 and funded Liverpool's CL and league triumphs ffs.
When did that happen?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
When did that happen?
Christ, I've had a nightmare here lol. Was remembering the one that was disallowed. :facepalm: The rest of what I said stands though. Coutinho is one of the most disastrous transfers in recent memory when you think of how much it's bitten Barca in the ass.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Christ, I've had a nightmare here lol. Was remembering the one that was disallowed. :facepalm: The rest of what I said stands though. Coutinho is one of the most disastrous transfers in recent memory when you think of how much it's bitten Barca in the ass.
At least Coutinho is a great player from time to time unlike what we're stuck with

Moah

He needs to improve. Our attack should also be a bit
faster than walking pace. We asked for a 433 to get the 3 midfielders but we got 7 defenders from it.

He was on the bench when we were creating and came on at the expense of the creator.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He does well when his side is the focus and gets a lot of the ball. He's clearly not a clinical take-his-only-chance player. Not being utilised correctly.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This is the only club that wrings their hands over spending big money on players and then goes out of their way not to cater to the strengths of the expensive players they do sign. It's comical trending towards tragic.
Yeah, pretty much that. You can buy the idea that all players are failures here for a while, but after some time you have to start asking questions about why is this happening so often recently.

Pepe is a player who needs the freedom to express himself on the pitch, not someone who will listen to microinstructions from the manager, going on and on about tracking back, helping the team, fighting for the team...
Yesterday, I saw him only briefly, and he was trying to put in some desperate crosses from the left... That's not Pepe and it's not his game, that's a game that was forced on him by the manager

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What can you say, you just try to keep the last candle burning!:lol:
I can say that Saka should've stayed and played with Pepe. Having 3 forwards on the pitch doesn't make you more dangerous if you can't create a single chance, but having 1 forward and 3 players who can create would definitely help us with that

Moah

I can say that Saka should've stayed and played with Pepe. Having 3 forwards on the pitch doesn't make you more dangerous if you can't create a single chance, but having 1 forward and 3 players who can create would definitely help us with that
That's exactly how I hoped we would play. We could have subbed Ceballos for Pepe and increase creativity rather than having 3 redundant players playing in midfield.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There has to come a time where this lad is given a consistent run of games to see what he can really do. He is very inconsistent even within the 90 mins, but it doesn't help that he is in and out of the team every 3 games.

If we give him a run of 20 games and he still doesn't improve, then look to sell him in the summer, we'd still be able to recoup a good fee imo.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
You gotta give it to Emery and his evaluating skills, the guy was spot on about almost every Arsenal player: binned Wilshere and Welbeck, benched Özil, promoted Saka, didn't rate Pepe from the get-go, etc.

mpower2540

What really irks me about him is how away with the fairies he is. Swans on like he’s just been invited down to play a freestyle game with a few lads he knows. He’s there laughing and I’m thinking come on pal it’s 0-0, Fuchs is on a yellow, the game is there for you if you want it but he shows such a lack of intensity it’s infuriating!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom