• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Close to writing him off and just accepting for various reasons, he’s a massive flop transfer (not player).

This season will be half finished by the time he returns from the ban, we’ve got nothing out of him so far, I doubt we will after the ban.

Next season he goes to the African Nation at the end of December and probably doesn’t return till the end of Feb. That’s another season ruined.

I don’t know when he has that “big season”.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I don't understand why people are comparing this to other red cards, they are all different scenarios completely. Martial red was a travesty, horrendous officiating that for once went against United.

Yeah I don't think there's any comparison to be made with the reaction to the other red cards mentioned. Closest to this red this season is probably Gibbs vs Everton? For us Diaby vs Newcastle years ago was pretty similar too where he lost his head after getting tackled, might be interesting to see what the reaction was to that red.

I guess we can't rule out Arteta reacting like that to get a response out of Pepe, maybe it will turn out to be a positive overall(I don't see it though tbh). What happens with him in the next few pl games he's available will be interesting to see.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Close to writing him off and just accepting for various reasons, he’s a massive flop transfer (not player).

This season will be half finished by the time he returns from the ban, we’ve got nothing out of him so far, I doubt we will after the ban.

Next season he goes to the African Nation at the end of December and probably doesn’t return till the end of Feb. That’s another season ruined.

I don’t know when he has that “big season”.
So am I too. I think he's a brilliant player when he's up for it but he has too much going against him.

Arteta and some of the fans thinking he's rubbish is hard to overcome. I am encouraged by what Ornstein has had to say though, so whilst I'm close to giving him I still have sly hope. It's mainly Arteta that makes me think he's not gonna make it here.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He needs to build some momentum and get a few starts in a row if he's to have any chance of turning this situation around imo, but the way it is now even after a good performance it's more likely he'll be benched a game or two after.. So despite what's being said I've honestly lost hope he'll succeed here.
Had a strong end to last season, to then be benched for Willian in the first game against fulham was a really poor decision, that was a real chance to play him in to form and let him continue the way he ended the season, instead he barely plays and he's now lacking confidence/form again.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
So am I too. I think he's a brilliant player when he's up for it but he has too much going against him.

Arteta and some of the fans thinking he's rubbish is hard to overcome. I am encouraged by what Ornstein has had to say though, so whilst I'm close to giving him I still have sly hope. It's mainly Arteta that makes me think he's not gonna make it here.

He has the ability to be one of the best players in the league. That’s not something you can say about players like Laca or anyone else he’s competing with. I think he should be playing he needs confidence and proper management. Wenger would have been the best to deal with him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why do you think most managers back their players publicly even when they're in the wrong? They do it not to give the media more ammunition to create even more drama about the club than they otherwise would.
What mikel said after the game wasn't wrong i said that many times you can't defend this kind of attitude i mean mourinho do it worse after his team just drop points

novar

Arteta should thank Pepe for allowing him to go back to his favorite tactic without having to face the wrath of the fans who are eager to see an open play goal in the league.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Tbh the pay cut stuff, 55 redundancies and Gunnersaurus getting sacked make me think the club actually aren't good at PR.
The club are horrible at it, but it seems les Americans are learning after the recent disasters. Kinda damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Although I do find it amusing that red card has the media speculating Pepe's future a bit, kinda tells the story of the club in the past 12 months.

Raul, the contract guy, Özil, Guendouzi, Saliba, maybe Pepe this summer - all sent to Hertha Berlin aka Hueco Mundo.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Would have been great if Guendouzi admit his mistakes and said sorry he'd could have stayed here.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
What mikel said after the game wasn't wrong i said that many times you can't defend this kind of attitude i mean mourinho do it worse after his team just drop points

You never throw a player under the bus like that unless you're ready to give up on him. Mourinho has alienated players before precisely because he has thrown players under the bus numerous times. But even he doesn't usually do it for first time offence. Look at the stupid red card Son got last season against Rudiger. That was even dumber than Pepe's but Mourinho highlighted the part Rudiger played in getting his player sent off. He didn't focus on Son's stupid reaction. Why isn't Arteta highlighting the part Alioski played? That would be more beneficial to our cause going forward. You can say Son is obviously much more important to him than Pepe to us. That is where fair judgement comes into play, we can't exaggerate Pepe's sending off just because he hasn't lived up to expectations performance wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom