• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s still on course, isn’t he? It’s all about the numbers, this game.
His numbers are very good considering.

It’s not gonna happen here for him though. He’s already regressed compared to last season which is actually hard to do.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Who'd have thought it, the tough love may actually work with Pepe. Played with a point to prove. Some players do respond well with an arm around the shoulder, some need to be provoked a bit. Good response from him, let's hope it continues. I hope it's not another false dawn.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Started to get a little selfish towards the end but understandable. Should've buried that chance in the 1st half. He really is one of the most inconsistent talents I've seen in a long time.

Manberg

Predator
All this talk of “non negotiables” and Arteta “doesn’t like Pepe” was nonsense. Without a training ground camera I can guarantee you that Pepe is one of the players Arteta spends the most individual time with in training, simply to try to get the best out of him.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Well done Nico. Baby steps. He took things seriously today. Less faffing around and more assertiveness. He needs to work on his crosses though. I don’t understand why he cuts inside and tries to cross. We don’t have a target man in the box. He cuts stuff like down and he’ll bloom as a player then we can make a decision on him in the summer.

novar

Too good for the Norwegian league, even with the manager doing his best to undermine his confidence. Good to see

The doubt if he's still above Uber eats league or not remains, but this was encouraging

RunTheTrap

All this talk of “non negotiables” and Arteta “doesn’t like Pepe” was nonsense. Without a training ground camera I can guarantee you that Pepe is one of the players Arteta spends the most individual time with in training, simply to try to get the best out of him.
Exactly. He’s not toxic or a difficult individual. He just isn’t as good as the money we spent on him. He’s probably a loner or a bit introverted, I do wonder who does he spend time with outside work. Maybe Tierney?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Ran the show today, very pleased with what I saw. Got a bit more relaxed after his goal and took his foot off the pedal, but definitely could have got more goals and assists today if he really wanted.

Guy is a genuine threat and it's such a shame we aren't set up in a way where we don't get this guy a larger volume of shots from inside the box.

I want to give up on him, I want to stop defending him when people call him crap but I can't.
He has days like today and he reminds me what he can do. Will be a weird season for him and I have doubts Arteta can get the best out of him but I remain hopeful.

I think him being a cup games player may actually work out for him in the long term. Our premiership matches are a bit too tense and rigid for now for him to shine.

Time to acctept that every thing Arteta does is for Pepe benefit. Working with him all summer, making Auba say Pepe is his favorite player, sign Willian to light some fire under Pepe ass, giving him a lot of starts to play, doing the tough love thingy when nothing else worked and Pepe got red card, start him right awat instead of punishing him. Arteta man management on different level here!

Now its up to Pepe if he wants to be a PL wide-forward or not!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Wish to see better man management from Arteta with Pepe in the future! Seems like he was Good today, glad to read it.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I do wonder who does he spend time with outside work. Maybe Tierney?
He flies his friends/cousins out to see him I think. Unsure if some live here with him or in France. Has a young family too.

Him and Tierney get on really well, which you wouldn't think unless you see their off the pitch banter vids - but they joined the same summer so kinda makes sense. Also explains Tierney's reaction after the Leeds match.

He actually is learning English and has been since he joined, but he's shy so you are unlikely to hear him speak it. All his interviews have been in French so far.

RunTheTrap

He flies his friends/cousins out to see him I think. Unsure if some live here with him or in France. Has a young family too.

Him and Tierney get on really well, which you wouldn't think unless you see their off the pitch banter vids - but they joined the same summer so kinda makes sense. Also explains Tierney's reaction after the Leeds match.

He actually is learning English and has been since he joined, but he's shy so you are unlikely to hear him speak it. All his interviews have been in French so far.
Him and Tierney being friends completely blew my mind. I wonder if Pepe even understands what Tierney is saying most of the time. When Pepe first came, I was expecting him to be the third amigo in the Laca and Auba bromance but it seems like he’s not in their clique. Seems like he’s too old to be chilling with the Hale End boys and not old enough to be with Luiz, Mustafi etc. I do want him to make some friends here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the red card and Arteta comment could be a kick in the balls for him what we saw today is a guy how wanted to respond and forget about what happend 3 days ago and he did very well now up to him to do that every game of at least 3 times every 5 games he got the ability of top winger even if he relay mostly in his left foot.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He was very good today. Granted, the opposition was poor but you see what he's capable of when he applies himself and his teammates actually look to get him on the ball consistently. Pepe needs to make sure the former is happening each and every match and Arteta needs to ensure the latter is happening each and every match. If both combine on a regular basis then perhaps he can salvage his career here and be at least some percentage of the player we hoped we were getting.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

the red card and Arteta comment could be a kick in the balls for him what we saw today is a guy how wanted to respond and forget about what happend 3 days ago and he did very well now up to him to do that every game of at least 3 times every 5 games he got the ability of top winger even if he relay mostly in his left foot.
Too many one footed players have reached the pinnacle of the game and it's common with left footers. Plus Pepe has shown he can use his right if he really wants to.

It's what's between his ears that determines his success tbh.

Impact

Established Member
Pépé’s short back lift makes him a big threat cutting in off that right flank. Good game today. Hope he builds on this post-suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom