• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Credit to Arteta playing him over a guy whos "his man" in Willian.

If someone told me Martinelli wasn't starting I would have thought Willian would get the nod.

Pepe had a good game, he can be quite a useful player when he stays concentrated and gets stuck in all game, like in the semi and final of the FA cup last season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

But its all subjective, if Tierney is playing then Martinelli or Auba should play left. If its Cedric then you play Pepe.
Pretty much this. Today was encouraging but he will find himself back on the bench very very soon.

Im team Pepe but it is what it is, I think his opportunity has gone sadly.

Finesse

was hoping he going all the way nutmeg people for fun :lol:

This and this is the problem he is having at Arsenal. The video depicts his understanding and application of the game. Today we saw Saka beat the keeper and immediately direct the ball into the net in quick succession. Without going to ground , or taking another touch etc even though he was off balance. That is simple intelligence that differentiates him from Pepe.

Pepe is more interesting in taking on everyone in front of him before lifting his head to look, see his options and making a decision to pass. Over the past 2 seasons he either manages to dribble into a cul the sac , lose it , or lifts his head when its too late.

Looking at that video, the as soon as he got the first touch he could have used Willian. He decided to dribble into the midfield, which is another good option. However trying to beat the third player was not necessary , since he had an option to his left. A simple combination and he will be on the way. Simple decision making and it this decides moments in the game and football matches. A 72M player !

Like @Macho ... They don’t teach that in academy tbh.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

This and this is the problem he is having at Arsenal. The video depicts his understanding and application of the game. Today we saw Saka beat the keeper and immediately direct the ball into the net in quick succession. Without going to ground , or taking another touch etc even though he was off balance. That is simple intelligence that differentiates him from Pepe.

Pepe is more interesting in taking on everyone in front of him before lifting his head to look, see his options and making a decision to pass. Over the past 2 seasons he either manages to dribble into a cul the sac , lose it , or lifts his head when its too late.

Looking at that video, the as soon as he got the first touch he could have used Willian. He decided to dribble into the midfield, which is another good option. However trying to beat the third player was not necessary , since he had an option to his left. A simple combination and he will be on the way. Simple decision making and it this decides moments in the game and football matches. A 72M player !

:rofl:

3-1 up, the guy dribbles the length of the field collecting souls along the way but people can’t stand it.

Rather he does the simple give and go instead. Go away man. :nope:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Let's have 11 Willians on the pitch.
I think what he’s getting at is he wants 11 Sakas on the pitch which is cool, but I disagree with berating a player for expressing himself especially if there’s a healthy lead. It’s the entertainment business.

It was one of the few dribbles he actually attempted that match and he got it off, why be mad?

Legend14

Established Member
With Pepe, I’d give him the freedom to take on any one player in the attacking third, as long as it is one player and as long as it is immediate.

Otherwise, he must have a pass first mentality so he can create open space for himself. You want defenders to sprint at him only to learn they are wasting their energy because he has already passed it away The ball will come back.

I don’t want him dwelling on the ball at any time because the defense collapses on him, he puts his head down and loses vision of his surroundings.

He has the talent to have a better impact. He just needs to be smarter in going about it.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Watching the Nutmeg Express aka Pepe sure is fun at times. :popcorn:

He is such a strange player in many ways. I just hope Arteta can coach him as he could be absolutely awesome if he can start making somewhat better game decisions. As much as he can drive you crazy at times he is involved with goals the lad. :thumbsup:

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
He deserves an uninterrupted run of games now and I hope he gets it. I’m a big fan of his I still believe he can come good.

Zaza

Nice lil combination he has with Cedric. Can he play like that alongside Tierney?
I like the look of him on the left...let him worry about finishing and crossing. It's like when he's outwide...he has too much time to think and ends up messing things up.
There's a goal scorer in him and this isn't just off the game. The question is if he can get the run of games needed. That or we sell...you won't get the best out of him if he doesn't get at least 4-5 games to get back on track.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm sorry. I camt get behind this notion that Pepe lacks football intelligence to the point where he doesn't play obvious passes. Its absolute nonsense.

Pepe definitely sees a pass. He doesn't dwell on the ball and lose it because his head is down and he doesn't see a pass. In fact he is probably one if the few players in the team who will actually play a through ball that isn't obvious.

By the way, in that clip. Willian doesn't eve ****ing move. If that was ESR , he would have been bombing down the wing ahead of him creating an option and Pepe would have slid him in like he repeatedly slid Cedric in all night.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Watching the Nutmeg Express aka Pepe sure is fun at times. :popcorn:

He is such a strange player in many ways. I just hope Arteta can coach him as he could be absolutely awesome if he can start making somewhat better game decisions. As much as he can drive you crazy at times he is involved with goals the lad. :thumbsup:

Think we found a new thread title

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Excellent game from him tbf, didn't expect it. Much of the reason he did better was probably that he wasn't stuck on the byline, he needs to be closer to the goal.

Let's hope he can continue this. I'm highly critical of Pepe but I hope he proves me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom