• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

A general extension and improvement on his last few games. Playing more in line with Arteta's instructions. Busier, less take ons and more interplay, more helping out and when he loses it he's doing more to put the player under pressure.

It's not yet enough to fans he starts but it's taken him to the front of the queue of subs

DasBootist

Well he did play like Bebe in many games. Lets not start pretending that Pepe has always been good. Because he hasnt. He has been a lot more Bebe than Pepe during his career here.
Pepe has never been trusted enough to play an extended sequence of games, but his 27 goals and assists contribution (in 66 appearances) is good enough for him to avoid comparisons with that joke of a player you brought up.

Troll harder in future plz

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm sorry. I camt get behind this notion that Pepe lacks football intelligence to the point where he doesn't play obvious passes. Its absolute nonsense.

Pepe definitely sees a pass. He doesn't dwell on the ball and lose it because his head is down and he doesn't see a pass. In fact he is probably one if the few players in the team who will actually play a through ball that isn't obvious.

By the way, in that clip. Willian doesn't eve ****ing move. If that was ESR , he would have been bombing down the wing ahead of him creating an option and Pepe would have slid him in like he repeatedly slid Cedric in all night.
Yeah I don’t get where that has come from. Posted the stats earlier that show his chance creation, take on stats, passing accuracy and cross success all tracks similarly with other top PL wingers. If he was the absolute footballing dunce that people seem to think he is the numbers would show it.

I knew people would complain when he took on an extra man (and earned a foul btw) instead of pass to Willian. A-M doesn’t like flair players

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

but his 27 goals and assists contribution (in 66 appearances)
More than one every three games despite seemingly have the world against him. Guy just needs trust, the trust of his teammates and manager.

Getting him the ball in dangerous areas would be great but he’s shown repeatedly that he’s no Özil but he does have an eye for a pass too.

Pepe has never been trusted enough to play an extended sequence of games, but his 27 goals and assists contribution (in 66 appearances) is good enough for him to avoid comparisons with that joke of a player you brought up.

Troll harder in future plz

Pepe has just been overall a very bad signing. But as I said not long ago Ive never given up on him. Him playing now more like Pepe instead of Bebe is very encouraging!

We overpaid for him, a point 100% of Gooners agree on, but what kind of logic dictates that he has been a 'very bad signing'?

Think u mistake the guy for Willian.

Even before this game his biggest stans had given up on him. One good game in more than a half a seasom isnt going to swing my opinion that he is a good signing.

But like I said I still have faith in Pepe but he needs to play like this(without giving opponents easy goal) in more games. More contantly for this signing to be considered a good signing.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
The price tag is obviously weighing against him but he hasn’t been as poor as it’s made out. 5 goals and 6 assists in 31 league games last season where he started only 22 and 3 goals so far this season in 13 games where only 5 were starts. I remember him putting in performances against Utd and Liverpool in the league and he was good again against City and Chelsea in the FA Cup. He hasn’t justified the fee but he’s hardly been a flop.

I would back him to keep improving and become a key player for us if he could just get it together and build some confidence. He’s got a very unique ability to beat his man and his shooting can be top notch. I hope he gets a run in the team now I really rate him.

Jakarta

He is a bit ruthless in the box isn’t he? On the rare occasion he gets into the box, he always look to score rather than look for a teammate.

Could’ve passed to ESR for a tap in but he wanted the goal for himself.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I liked how he was shouting at Luiz to return to his post when we had the corner just before half time lol. I think a lot of people missed that bit.

I had him down as they shy type so was a bit surprised.

REEVIE1995

Thought he was excellent yesterday. Coming off the left seemed to suit him. He was actually driving and running at players rather than always trying to cut inside. Southampton gave him a lot of space to run into at times which also helped. Great goal as well.

Needed to give that performance with Ødegaard arriving.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Having let that performance resonate for a bit, I gotta say I'm very impressed with his performance.

He stepped up. Auba was out, people were miffed about Gabigol not starting, he stepped up. The goal was a quality finish (there's a conversation to be had about him playing up top btw) but his work rate, winning headers, communication, it was all there.

If he put in those performances every week, or even close to those performances, the whole £72M thing wouldn't get brought up as often. Buzzing for him, but I don't want this to be another false dawn, he needs to replicate this 5/6 games on the bounce before we can be confident of his importance here.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Arteta must be tempted to start him up top soon tbh.

Killer in the box, nice link up, less time to think, and less people to nutmeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom