• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfkidultman

He was good last night. Couldn't care less if it was "just" against Soton.

But he still has a long way to go to justify the hype around him not to mention his ridiculous price tag too, which was not his fault. Whoever agreed £70m for him needs to be flogged. £20m at most so far.

He doesn’t need to justify the price tag at all. He didn’t decide that. He needs to prove that he can deliver for the team and the stats show that he does.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
If Pepe has a stormer against United, there is no way he will end up on the bench. He has to be dominant. He prob has the most raw talent on the team, but not really the mentality of a top player. He should even be looking at Saka and thinking he can get back that RW position if need be. That's the way a top player will think. You can't be comfortable with a 19 year old taking your position and doing better than you.

Balls in his court and he’s capable.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If Pepe has a stormer against United, there is no way he will end up on the bench. He has to be dominant. He prob has the most raw talent on the team, but not really the mentality of a top player. He should even be looking at Saka and thinking he can get back that RW position if need be. That's the way a top player will think. You can't be comfortable with a 19 year old taking your position and doing better than you.
Saka is a world class talent, there's nothing there for Pepe or anyone else. It doesn't matter if he is 19, RW is his now and that will stay like that for many years. Pepe can only look to rotate with him and try to get another position where he will play more often or would even be a strarter

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Saka is a world class talent, there's nothing there for Pepe or anyone else. It doesn't matter if he is 19, RW is his now and that will stay like that for many years. Pepe can only look to rotate with him and try to get another position where he will play more often or would even be a strarter
Or he can start on the left like he did yesterday? It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I keep saying we need him in central areas, I'd love to see what happened if we gave him complete license to roam around and find dangerous pockets.
This is a nice idea but I think he'd get lost having complete licence to roam. I think he'd run and run aimlessly and burn out. What I like better is the interchanging of positions amongst the front 3.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Play him lw or cf, he needs to run at goal and shoot rather than the tricks. If you watch his goal the other night then it is clear.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm thinking on the left works better for him. It could be to do with Bellerin, not sure. All I know is he looks better on the left and doesn't find himself as stranded as he does on the right.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
This is a nice idea but I think he'd get lost having complete licence to roam. I think he'd run and run aimlessly and burn out. What I like better is the interchanging of positions amongst the front 3.

Hopefully we capitalise on Laca's good form and get a good fee in the summer. It'd be great if Arteta transformed Pepe into a decent CF - it seems like the kind of thing Wenger did all the time whenever our CF was poached.

I'm getting the unfortunate feeling Pepe will be squeezed out with Ødegaard's signing. Saka has RW locked down right now. When Auba is available, he will almost certainly play LW. ESR & Ødegaard will rotate the 10.

Going forward beyond next season I'd love to see Pepe up front. It's the dream but I doubt it'll happen with bad vibes mik, aka The PE Teacher, aka Interview Interrupter. aka Tapas Pulis

@BigPoppaPump @Trilly did I miss any mikel slurs?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Hopefully we capitalise on Laca's good form and get a good fee in the summer. It'd be great if Arteta transformed Pepe into a decent CF - it seems like the kind of thing Wenger did all the time whenever our CF was poached.

I'm getting the unfortunate feeling Pepe will be squeezed out with Ødegaard's signing. Saka has RW locked down right now. When Auba is available, he will almost certainly play LW. ESR & Ødegaard will rotate the 10.

Going forward beyond next season I'd love to see Pepe up front. It's the dream but I doubt it'll happen with bad vibes mik, aka The PE Teacher, aka Interview Interrupter. aka Tapas Pulis

I think there's room for him on the left if we eventually play 433. He'll compete with Auba and Martinelli unless one of them moves to CF. On the right, there's Saka. CF seems best for him but he's so inconsistent atm, that I'd be wary of relying too much on him over a season

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
This and this is the problem he is having at Arsenal. The video depicts his understanding and application of the game. Today we saw Saka beat the keeper and immediately direct the ball into the net in quick succession. Without going to ground , or taking another touch etc even though he was off balance. That is simple intelligence that differentiates him from Pepe.

Pepe is more interesting in taking on everyone in front of him before lifting his head to look, see his options and making a decision to pass. Over the past 2 seasons he either manages to dribble into a cul the sac , lose it , or lifts his head when its too late.

Looking at that video, the as soon as he got the first touch he could have used Willian. He decided to dribble into the midfield, which is another good option. However trying to beat the third player was not necessary , since he had an option to his left. A simple combination and he will be on the way. Simple decision making and it this decides moments in the game and football matches. A 72M player !

Like @Macho ... They don’t teach that in academy tbh.
Why didn't Willian make the run? He would have set himself up to get through clear on goal.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Unfortunately Mikel is winning games so the slander is on hold. If he beats United convincingly I might allow him for the rest of the season uno.

Pepe has all the attributes to be a nice CF but it rarely works like that in real life. Maybe if we played a false 9 type system but only Pep is brave enough to do that.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Pepe just needs the confidence to play to the best of his abilities. If he does that he could be our best player. None of our players can create space and chances for themselves as easily as he can it’s a mental thing with him.

DasBootist

The 19 year old took the position from Willian, not Pepe. Pepe is starting to show consistent mature displays and it would be unfair for him to be dropped.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He deserves a start vs United but so does Aubameyang if he’s available. I just wish he could get a run of starts in the team, he’s not the type of player to flourish with limited opportunities.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I want him to start on the left tomorrow, let Auba take his time to be worked back in.

I agree with this Auba is established and can slot in easily while Pepe needs a run of games to establish himself. I want to see him on the left drifting in like the did in the last game the front 3 seems more balanced with Pepe and Saka in the wide positions.

Legend14

Established Member
Bottom line , if Pepe gains confidence and takes what is given, we have a very, very good front line with options.

Things are looking up. Baggage is heading out. Quality is inbound. Players are looking happier. In think we are just a few players away from top 4 consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom