• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I personally think one of the reasons why Pepe worked against Southampton was Cedric.

With Tierney in the side I think both of them being lefties will get in each other’s way. Tierney will be too busy pointing at where Pepe should run instead of passing him the ball quickly as well, seen him do it to Auba too.

We’re a better side with Tierney and Auba on our left, Tierney and Martinelli probably have the best chemistry out of all the left sided options which will develop barring injuries as the pair of them are flimsy players.

I’m personally not convinced left side is the future for Pepe. With everyone fit he’s an impact sub until somebody wants to gamble on him one of these summers.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Let's wait and see a couple of games before we all start jumping on the solution to Pepe's problems in playing on the left. He mugged off a rubbish Southampton reserve full back.

Pepe's had good games on the right too, it's a matter of him producing them consistently and giving end product regularly.

He deserves to start on the left against United today off the back of that Southampton performance. Let's see if he can produce a good performance against a decent side and full back.

I really hope he does.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Let's wait and see a couple of games before we all start jumping on the solution to Pepe's problems in playing on the left. He mugged off a rubbish Southampton reserve full back.

Pepe's had good games on the right too, it's a matter of him producing them consistently and giving end product regularly.

He deserves to start on the left against United today off the back of that Southampton performance. Let's see if he can produce a good performance against a decent side and full back.

I really hope he does.
He’ll be against the best defensive fullback in Europe.

Pepe needs more belief from Arteta, but we already know that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I really hope he does.
Yeah you can’t really do Wan-Bissaka on the dribble tbh so I’m not expecting much. Still yet to see him get skinned and he’s played against Neymar and Mbappe.

He’s going to have to contribute in other ways, mainly by making some good runs in behind as AWB can ball watch at times.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Saka has been putting rubbish second string players like Dan Burn in the bin as well. It doesn’t really matter, people just like who they like and move goals posts for people they don’t.

Pepe’s biggest problem is lack of belief and getting dropped after matches like Southampton yet getting slammed for consistency.

He’s got Ødegaard eating minutes away from him as well now, another player put infront of him.

Pepe has to be perfect from now on which he just isn’t going to be.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I hope so too. Keep him on the left, I was saying recently I feel Bellerin on the right isnt good for Pepe. He just ends up isolated because Bellerin is the one that cuts in. On the left Pepe seems more involved.
Whether by choice or tactic Bellerin doesn't offer the overlap for Pepe on the right to give him more space when cutting in. Saka is a lot more comfortable going down the line on that side even on his weaker foot so maybe LW will be better long term for Pepe, we'll see how he gets on playing with Tierney down that side.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta has never backed Pepe. Willian has got more backing.

Pepe is like the step child of the club. But we knew this too because even a blind man can see Arteta is an absolutely shocking man manager and has a lot of developing to do.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I still think Pepe could have stats as of his last season in Ligue 1 in the Prem, but the question is whether he gets continued trust and you look past his failures on a regular basis without punishing him with a lack of game time.

At this point, I'd doubt that he'll get enough of it to hit such heights here.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Saka has been putting rubbish second string players like Dan Burn in the bin as well. It doesn’t really matter, people just like who they like and move goals posts for people they don’t.

Pepe’s biggest problem is lack of belief and getting dropped after matches like Southampton yet getting slammed for consistency.

He’s got Ødegaard eating minutes away from him as well now, another player put infront of him.

Pepe has to be perfect from now on which he just isn’t going to be.

Saka's pretty consistently got the better of most full backs he's came up against, whether good, bad or indifferent this season to be fair.

I don't feel Pepe needs to be perfect at all. A run of 3-4 above average performances and he's well and truly back in the equation.

I don't think it's realistic to think he's going to unseat Auba or Saka but those players will need to be rotated / rested. I see no reason why Pepe can't get a lot more game time across those 2 positions if his performances keep improving.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I don't think it's realistic to think he's going to unseat Auba or Saka but those players will need to be rotated / rested. I see no reason why Pepe can't get a lot more game time across those 2 positions if his performances keep improving.
Once Auba and/or Tierney are back he’s (rightfully maybe) getting dropped regardless of whatever he does.

With Ødegaard who will definitely get games on the right his minutes from here on out will be sporadic at best.

He will be starting maybe once a month along with 15 minute cameos whilst getting slammed from all corners for consistency.

He’s done here, I’m not sure why his biggest detractors are pretending if he just plays well it will work out, it’s beyond that now.

He’s a record signing that fits nowhere in the starting 11, the club just needs to cut its losses and just learn for next time.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Whether by choice or tactic Bellerin doesn't offer the overlap for Pepe on the right to give him more space when cutting in. Saka is a lot more comfortable going down the line on that side even on his weaker foot so maybe LW will be better long term for Pepe, we'll see how he gets on playing with Tierney down that side.

I remember reading when we signed Cedric that he was chosen partly to help Pepe. Cedric certainly gets to the byline more than Bellerin so I can see some truth to that. Also Cedric was LB vs Saints and Pepe played better.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Should pick up a lot of fouls today against Shaw and Fred, expect the referee to give him a yellow for dissent after complaining for being fouled for the 10th time and asking why the players fouling him didnt get a yellow.

If theres a day to show hes made of better stuff than I've been rating him for, today is the day.

Arteta has never backed Pepe. Willian has got more backing.

Pepe is like the step child of the club. But we knew this too because even a blind man can see Arteta is an absolutely shocking man manager and has a lot of developing to do.

Auba said Pepe is the guy Arteta loves most in the squad. Auba said Pepe is the guy Arteta spend most time on in trainings. Pepe has a lot of starts for us this season and they would be more if Pepe didnt get red card and Pepe didnt get out performed by 19 year old in his position.

Imo Arteta is doing everything here to make Pepe work. At some level its not up to Arteta anymore. Pepe has to take the step him self now.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Auba said Pepe is the guy Arteta loves most in the squad. Auba said Pepe is the guy Arteta spend most time on in trainings. Pepe has a lot of starts for us this season and they would be more if Pepe didnt get red card and Pepe didnt get out performed by 19 year old in his position.

Imo Arteta is doing everything here to make Pepe work. At some level its not up to Arteta anymore. Pepe has to take the step him self now.
That Arteta quote is nonsense clearly. You can’t even find it anymore but Pepe haters cling onto it for dear life.

He’s had 5 starts in the league before today - under 500 mins in total. William has had double the starts and double the minutes.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Yeah you can’t really do Wan-Bissaka on the dribble tbh so I’m not expecting much. Still yet to see him get skinned and he’s played against Neymar and Mbappe.

He’s going to have to contribute in other ways, mainly by making some good runs in behind as AWB can ball watch at times.
AWB is definitely much better when his man has the ball vs. when he doesn’t. Can definitely be had off-ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom