• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
So who does Arteta drop, then, for the next game, MotM Willian, Pepe, or Thursday MotM and player of the season Saka? Not all 3 can play.
May try Willian at 10 again if ESR doesn't make it. Nice problem to have for a change I guess.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Tell that to my fantasy team. Rarely happens but I'mma strongly disagree with you there on that one chief.

Pep Roulette is real.
You’re only thinking with your PL hat on, they’re in like 3 other competitions.

His in form players will start in something like 3 of the 4 most important matches they have, sometimes that means they get rested for the prem game. Cancelo is a good example, he’s clearly first choice but missed yesterday’s game as he had started the last four.

Pep rotates everyone but his form players get rotated slightly less than the others. You see it with Sterling sometimes, KDB most of the time and Cancelo too.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

So who does Arteta drop, then, for the next game, MotM Willian, Pepe, or Thursday MotM and player of the season Saka? Not all 3 can play.
Doesn’t really matter as long as they all get minutes. Arteta dropped him and played him for ten minutes out of a possible 180 even though he was the form player at the time.

There was no need to do that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You’re only thinking with your PL hat on, they’re in like 3 other competitions.

His in form players will start in something like 3 of the 4 most important matches they have, sometimes that means they get rested for the prem game. Cancelo is a good example, he’s clearly first choice but missed yesterday’s game as he had started the last four.

Pep rotates everyone but his form players get rotated slightly less than the others. You see it with Sterling sometimes, KDB most of the time and Cancelo too.
I’ll remember this next time you get stung by Pep Roulette.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If he doesn't start against Burnley he may as well start packing his bags now. I think Pepe LW, Saka RW and ESR at 10 has to be our first choice going forward behind Auba. Partey/Xhaka behind that and you've got the makings of a decent team IF they can get a run of games behind them.

Finesse

Excellent game today.

He is listening to the Manager. He needs to keep doing this and he will find himself back in the first 11. Today it was not the dribbling into a cul the sac. Today he used the one twos when the was a need. Most importantly he is using the runs into space by the RB as a decoy to progress with the ball into the opponents half. He is no longer interested in dribbling the man in front of him for the sake of it........he is using the overlapping decoy to shape for a shot or pass into the forward players. Today Cedric and MO where overlapping each time he got the ball to pull the full back and give him time and space.

Arteta is working on him and easing him into the 11. He needs to be angry he is not in the 11 , listen , apply himself and he will be owning the wings. Arteta did same with Sterling , Sane and Riyad.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Doesn’t really matter as long as they all get minutes. Arteta dropped him and played him for ten minutes out of a possible 180 even though he was the form player at the time.

There was no need to do that.

I don't get at all this narrative that Arteta is somehow not 'nice' or 'doesn't like' Pepe or is somehow punitive or something with him.

He was dropped for Leeds, a game where Arteta chose what I (and I'm sure not just I) think is our highest potential XI (ESR-Ødegaard-Saka), in which we produced perhaps our best performance of the season. Arteta then picked the same team for a big game against Benfica in Europe. He then chose Pepe against Manchester City...

I don't really get this narrative at all. People also act like he was on some kind of Gareth Bale 2012-13 run of form. He had a good game against Southampton, not so good against United, good against Wolves, not so good against Villa, and was dropped for those two matches in favour of really interesting options (ESR, Ødegaard, Saka) after that. He scored 2 goals in those 4 games.

Yeah @Finesse going off of what I said after the game, you can really notice a positive influence of Arteta's coaching on Pepe. Think there's a strong case he's been one of the players who's most benefited from his coaching.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Comes in when called again and shows his stuff. That’s all you want and that’s all he can do. Can see him switched to the left for Saka next week, hopefully. I think Pepe Odin Saka is our best line. Vibrant and bright as ****. Love that :drool:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I had him down for between 10-14 goals before the season. He is at 8 so far. Still can prove me wrong by scoring 15 or more. If he gets some games he can do it. One of our more dangerous players around the box!

Melquiades

I don't get at all this narrative that Arteta is somehow not 'nice' or 'doesn't like' Pepe or is somehow punitive or something with him.

He was dropped for Leeds, a game where Arteta chose what I (and I'm sure not just I) think is our highest potential XI (ESR-Ødegaard-Saka), in which we produced perhaps our best performance of the season. Arteta then picked the same team for a big game against Benfica in Europe. He then chose Pepe against Manchester City...

I don't really get this narrative at all. People also act like he was on some kind of Gareth Bale 2012-13 run of form. He had a good game against Southampton, not so good against United, good against Wolves, not so good against Villa, and was dropped for those two matches in favour of really interesting options (ESR, Ødegaard, Saka) after that. He scored 2 goals in those 4 games.

Yeah @Finesse going off of what I said after the game, you can really notice a positive influence of Arteta's coaching on Pepe. Think there's a strong case he's been one of the players who's most benefited from his coaching.

I don't get this either.

We've played 39 games in all competitions this year. Pepe was suspended for 3 of them so he's been eligible for 36 matches.

He's appeared in 30 of those 36 matches, with 20 starts. Generally the only times he hasn't played have been when he was left on the bench as an impact offensive substitute and we were up 4-1 or something like that.

I don't think there's anything unusual or unfair at all in that. Especially given the difficult situation that his primary position/role on right wing is also the preferred spot of the team's best player in Saka. He'll be well over 40 appearances by the end of the season - Arteta clearly is trying to get him into the squad and doesn't remotely 'hate' him. He was just in terrible form earlier in the year and also has stiff competition for his natural position.

AW49

Leeds are so bad defensively so it’s hard to look into that game alone. That same attacking midfield trio lacked shots in the Benfica matches. I think long term there is not enough shots in ESR-Ødegaard-Saka. It does make sense in some ways with Auba at CF, but the highest upside attack IMO is with a Pepe that is releasing the ball at the right times like yesterday, with one of Ødegaard/ESR missing.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah people can dress it up however they like but we all know barring a catastrophe Pepe isn’t touching any Europa league match. Those are our most important matches.

He will get thrown into dead rubber matches like City and Leicester, but yeah let’s not get carried away today’s result was completely unexpected.

Pepe needs to leave he will never fully get Arteta’s or the fan base trust. Whatever money we’d get from him could go into other areas of the squad.

blrgooner

Established Member
May try Willian at 10 again if ESR doesn't make it. Nice problem to have for a change I guess.
I hope he doesn`t do that. I think we need either ESR or Ødegaard playing along with Saka/Pepe/Willian. These two players link up play and ensure that the forwards are not caught up in a cul de sac with no passing options available.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Yeah people can dress it up however they like but we all know barring a catastrophe Pepe isn’t touching any Europa league match. Those are our most important matches.

He will get thrown into dead rubber matches like City and Leicester, but yeah let’s not get carried away today’s result was completely unexpected.

Pepe needs to leave he will never fully get Arteta’s or the fan base trust. Whatever money we’d get from him could go into other areas of the squad.

We get it man. You repeat the same **** over and over again. Sometimes you come off like your Pepe's concubine or somethin

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

It’s about as inane a theory/agenda as there is on AM. It was pedalled by a few at first and then bandwagoned by the rest. Stats, performances and every piece of common sense posted to the contrary just can’t seem to repel it. I guess it will die soon in the same way the ‘Willian is Mikel’s favourite’ appears to have. Always weak, always falling by the wayside.

Reactions: Jae

Macho

Dusted 🔻

We get it man. You repeat the same **** over and over again. Sometimes you come off like your Pepe's concubine or somethin
As long as people repeat the same stuff about Pepe and saying stuff about Arteta that isn’t true, I will repeat myself tbh.

Put me on ignore if you don’t like it, that’s what I do with a lot of posters on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom