• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
So you think we should play both of them on the right and leave the left side of the pitch empty? Might work...
Heh? Not what he said at all...
Both players have experience playing left and right, they can switch sides whenever they feel like it

Moah

:facepalm:

Can someone show this man a quick video of the number of defence splitting passes Ødegaard already has accumulated in like 6 games for Arsenal?

Tbf I dunno if I'd say glaring mistake (the mistake is the poor and easily defended dribble) because he's 1v1 and it's okay for him to have a go (even though you're right, if he releases Ødegaard at the right moment it's really the best option, Ødegaard can then cut in and shoot or receive and play Pepe through if he makes the right run), but it does effectively remind us that good passing and vision of play is not something that characterises Pepe's game.
You are proving his point. Read what he said properly before arguing with him. I have seen him make a mess of at least two one on ones since he came here. The guy is a very wonderful playmaker but is no goalscorer.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
You are proving his point. Read what he said properly before arguing with him. I have seen him make a mess of at least two one on ones since he came here. The guy is a very wonderful playmaker but is no goalscorer.

Oops, you're right, I read "pass it back" as in pass it backwards, cause that was the narrative I was reading with Ødegaard here.

Ah yes I agree he would've looked to pass it back, but there's a very good chance if Pepe makes the right run he passes it back to him and plays him through on goal. Apologies for the misread @Playmaker !

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Heh? Not what he said at all...
Both players have experience playing left and right, they can switch sides whenever they feel like it
No, I like the idea of both of them playing on the right better. Switching is too mainstream.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
So you think we should play both of them on the right and leave the left side of the pitch empty? Might work...

No play one on LW, Pepe has played couple times there and Saka has played there plenty of times. See which one is most suitable on the Lw and play the other RW.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You haven't seen composure to pick a pass? You are choosing to see it now and attribute it to Arteta. Pepe was statistically one of our most progressive passers even before Arteta. He us also consistently an end product player. Arteta hasn't discovered this guy.

He has just taken too long to surround him with the right profile of player. Put bellerin back at full back and Pepe will be disconnected again.
Put Ceballos in midfield and he wont get the ball early.
I agree with what you’re saying but you proceeded to name two problem positions (RB and CM). Partey has been injured all season and we need a new RB, so I don’t know if you can really blame the manager for that. The replacements for Ceballos and Bellerin are Elneny and Cedric.

I get frustrated when he doesn’t get enough game time but maybe the competition will eventually wake him up and push him, he’s already shown some good signs since Saka took his spot + us signing Ødegaard/ playing ESR.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Thank you so much for this.

As I’ve said, the one thing I’ll give Arteta is that Pepe seems very fit now. He’s always been a good passer, he’s always been a good dribbler and so on.

Yes we overpaid but there’s a reason he even commanded that fee in the first place. Guy is a very talented footballer that also provides end product, that’s what earned him the move.

I think people focus too much on how he appears rather than focus on what he actually does. Similar to the crowd who insist he can’t dribble because of his style even though the stats show he’s consistently one of the best in Europe.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Bcbcnxxkxkzkzk omg. Yh I might have to leave him behind.

The black french players are a bit of a mess in general. :lol:

Nah, Brazilians got the bad hair choices on lock.

maxresdefault.jpg

1586736662513.jpg

673b4bd1f85e4e9e731aba6aa3a6316b.jpg

neymar-cabelos-moicano_widexl.jpg

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
His heading is underrated like someone mentioned before. Before he joined us, I noticed it then with my YouTube scouting :lol:

He should be tried at cf at some point imo

I always wondered.
He's easily the best on a counter when just 1 player is left to stop him. If you have Pepe constantly in such a situation and very close to goal, you'd expect a very decent output.

+ As you said, he doesn't suck at other things, he's relatively well-rounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom